• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS With Two People - Specifics?

Unity

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have a bit of a 'this is perhaps a bit of a strange outlier issue' but one I wish to know about anyway. My mother and me both are seeking for DAS for different reasons. [Me and her both have different conditions that make it hard for us to traditionally stand in lines]. However, we're a bit concerned about the pick three attractions ahead of time. More-so because of how me and my mom operate on different levels. My mother is not a morning person. I am, at least for something I am excited for like this haha. What happened most of the time is that me and my dad went to the parks early and my mother arrived when she felt comfortable coming. [Last time we went was back in 2018 for reference]. This worked at a time when we were both fit enough to stand in lines without an issue.

But now, it's different. Now we'll be going at different times, and it'll be much, much stranger. I know after going through your first few selections, you're able to freely choose a ride to wait the time for outside of a line, which works well for us. What I'm worried about is how does this work with two people. Should I delay my own DAS times and being able to fully utilize the service meant to help to be with my mother? Encourage her to get up earlier with assistance? Or would there somehow be a chance for me to ride my own selections and then have her add me to her selections so she doesn't have to ride alone in the afternoon when she comes?

We also have plenty of time to think about the issue as we're planning this trip for late 2025. But it's still an issue, and I want to know what can be done, if anything.

Hi,

I have a bit of a 'this is perhaps a bit of a strange outlier issue' but one I wish to know about anyway. My mother and me both are seeking for DAS for different reasons. [Me and her both have different conditions that make it hard for us to traditionally stand in lines]. However, we're a bit concerned about the pick three attractions ahead of time. More-so because of how me and my mom operate on different levels. My mother is not a morning person. I am, at least for something I am excited for like this haha. What happened most of the time is that me and my dad went to the parks early and my mother arrived when she felt comfortable coming. [Last time we went was back in 2018 for reference]. This worked at a time when we were both fit enough to stand in lines without an issue.

But now, it's different. Now we'll be going at different times, and it'll be much, much stranger. I know after going through your first few selections, you're able to freely choose a ride to wait the time for outside of a line, which works well for us. What I'm worried about is how does this work with two people. Should I delay my own DAS times and being able to fully utilize the service meant to help to be with my mother? Encourage her to get up earlier with assistance? Or would there somehow be a chance for me to ride my own selections and then have her add me to her selections so she doesn't have to ride alone in the afternoon when she comes?

We also have plenty of time to think about the issue as we're planning this trip for late 2025. But it's still an issue, and I want to know what can be done, if anything.
You and your mother will each need a return time if you both have a DAS and are riding same ride at same time. At the parks you can one ressie plus your pre selection ones. You do not have to use your preselected ones before getting a day of one. If me I would make preselect ones for when you are both in park. You can use your day of ability while waiting for her to arrive

An
You and your mother will each need a return time if you both have a DAS and are riding same ride at same time. At the parks you can one ressie plus your pre selection ones. You do not have to use your preselected ones before getting a day of one. If me I would make preselect ones for when you are both in park. You can use your day of ability while waiting for her to arrive
And for others in the party how would it work for pre-selection? Do we add them to one or the other or....?

You and your mom can each have your own DAS, which it sounds like would be the best option since you intend to be in the parks at different times and not always together. Anyone else in your party can be linked to both DAS but can only have 1 active DAS Return Time at any given time. So if dad has a return time with you for 7DMT at 1pm, he cannot be listed on a return time with mom until after you/he use the one for 7DMT.

As for the 2 Advanced Selections (it's 2 not 3)... if you want to ride together I suggest doing your DAS video call together and asking them to try and coordinate the Advanced Selections. However if you and mom would prefer different Advanced Selection attractions, dad can only be included in one set of those (and the other DAS-holder cannot be listed with the other).

One thing stuck out -- that you mentioned you "were both fit enough to stand in lines without an issue" [at your last visit]. DAS isn't for mobility needs. So you may be using "fit enough" just to mean that you were able to manage the queues back then and not related to fitness or mobility level. Be prepared to discuss why you cannot wait in a standard queue environment, not related to mobility/stamina.

You and your mom can each have your own DAS, which it sounds like would be the best option since you intend to be in the parks at different times and not always together. Anyone else in your party can be linked to both DAS but can only have 1 active DAS Return Time at any given time. So if dad has a return time with you for 7DMT at 1pm, he cannot be listed on a return time with mom until after you/he use the one for 7DMT.

As for the 2 Advanced Selections (it's 2 not 3)... if you want to ride together I suggest doing your DAS video call together and asking them to try and coordinate the Advanced Selections. However if you and mom would prefer different Advanced Selection attractions, dad can only be included in one set of those (and the other DAS-holder cannot be listed with the other).

One thing stuck out -- that you mentioned you "were both fit enough to stand in lines without an issue" [at your last visit]. DAS isn't for mobility needs. So you may be using "fit enough" just to mean that you were able to manage the queues back then and not related to fitness or mobility level. Be prepared to discuss why you cannot wait in a standard queue environment, not related to mobility/stamina.

Fit enough was referring to manage queues back then, yes! While I will not be getting into our own diagnoses, my mom since mid 2022 has been with a physical health condition which is worsened by being in the sun over long periods of time.

As for me, mine is more on the mental spectrum and is related to an experience that happened a while back that has made things like waiting in queues difficult for me.

Thank you for all the help on answering. I am mostly focused on my mom getting a DAS, with me being secondary. If I am not applicable, or if it would make things easier I am a secondary concern, as this is looking like her last trip. I appreciate the time it took to answer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter