DAS with a party of 9?

This is exactly our question for the upcoming trip at the end of this month. My sister and I will be travelling with 6 kids (15-13-10-7-4-2). The 10 year old needs DAS. I hope they will allow the group to go together because honestly the only other way would be to send one mom with the 2 teens and the other mom alone with the other 4 including the one who needs the DAS. Doesn't make sense since I'm going along to lend my sister assistance with her young family, my 13 yo is coming along and the 15 yo is the younger kids sitter also there to help. There are other ways to split the group all of which will involve various difficulties. Or I let her go with her family and I wait in the regular line with my 13yo. It will be hard for her to manage all the kids without another adult. Or I just don't go on the rides. But my 13yo will want to go. Anyhow, we will figure it out.
They do allow more people on the AS on a Casey case basic but you will have to talk to GR.

They may well let the whole group travel on the DAS. For those groups with similiar ages without a DAS, the adults or 15 year old are needed for the 2 and 4 year old. The rest can ride in whatever formation they want. There is no Disney requirement that an adult is needed for a 7, 10, or 13 year old.

In knitdiva's case, the 13 and 7 year old can ride together with the two adults and the 15 year old babysitter pairing with the 2, 4, and 10 year old. If the CMs are sticklers on the 6 per DAS return time rule one of those pairs (obviously not the 10 year old and their adult/teen partner) can either wait in the standby or sit the ride out.

Hi! Did your whole party have to be present when getting the DAS? Thank you!

Everyone in the party has to be present when the DAS is issued, as they need to scan everyone's bands so you're all on the system.

Thank you so much! It is diffrent than last time we were there a couple years ago so I am trying to figure it all out. Was it a relatively quick process?

Thank you again so much!

Thank you so much! It is diffrent than last time we were there a couple years ago so I am trying to figure it all out. Was it a relatively quick process?

Thank you again so much!

Depends how long the queue is! We have been in and out of Guest Services in a matter of minutes, equally we have had waits of 15 minutes. It depends on the queues to speak to Guest Services. MK is always the busiest.

Just letting you know when you call you aren't speaking to someone with any authority over DAS. There are official caps with 6 total being the written cap and more being the exception.

When did that change?

My family went 2 years ago - 2 parents and our 6 kids. We had to all be there when the DAS was issued. Sometimes we all rode. Sometimes just the DAS holder and a few others rode.

When did that change?

My family went 2 years ago - 2 parents and our 6 kids. We had to all be there when the DAS was issued. Sometimes we all rode. Sometimes just the DAS holder and a few others rode.
When it was on paper there was a limit of 6 people total on the DAS, but there did override this rule for things like with two parents and 6 kids, all can be put on the DAS card. now that the DAS is on the bands I do not think there is a limit on how many people can be linked. but I think when you go to the ride sometimes they have to limit how many are on the DAS return time.

When it was on paper there was a limit of 6 people total on the DAS, but there did override this rule for things like with two parents and 6 kids, all can be put on the DAS card. now that the DAS is on the bands I do not think there is a limit on how many people can be linked. but I think when you go to the ride sometimes they have to limit how many are on the DAS return time.
correct.

6 total is the usual for issuing DAS, but the CMs in Guest Relations can make exceptions.

Depending on the attraction, there might be limits on the number the DAS Return Time can be issued for (but usually won’t).
If you need to use a special boarding area, the number allowed into the special boarding area may be limited.
For example, Toy Story Mania has a wheelchair accessible boarding area that guests get directed to at the Fastpass merge. The wheelchair accessible ride car that loads there only holds 6, so no more than 6 guests in a group are sent yo that boarding area. Some others (like Small World and the boat ride in Mexico) can hold 6 guests plus a wheelchair.
Others, like Splash Mountain, have small handicapped waiting areas for accessible boarding.
And shows may limit the number accompaning a guest who needs accessible seated because the amount of seats in the area is limited.

correct.

6 total is the usual for issuing DAS, but the CMs in Guest Relations can make exceptions.

Depending on the attraction, there might be limits on the number the DAS Return Time can be issued for (but usually won’t).
If you need to use a special boarding area, the number allowed into the special boarding area may be limited.
For example, Toy Story Mania has a wheelchair accessible boarding area that guests get directed to at the Fastpass merge. The wheelchair accessible ride car that loads there only holds 6, so no more than 6 guests in a group are sent yo that boarding area. Some others (like Small World and the boat ride in Mexico) can hold 6 guests plus a wheelchair.
Others, like Splash Mountain, have small handicapped waiting areas for accessible boarding.
And shows may limit the number accompaning a guest who needs accessible seated because the amount of seats in the area is limited.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say that at the rides they may have you split up. and if you are asked to split up please do so I was trying to get a retune time for space and the people in front of me had a large group the CM would only do 6 and the group would not have it they all ( I want to say there was close to 15 people) wanted to ride together it got to the point manager and Disney security was called. I do not know what happened as one of the other just gave me a rider swap and told me to come back whenever I wanted.But just know if you have more then 6 you might be asked to split up

We are traveling as a party of 8 in January 2020, but will have 2 little boys that we are planning to get the DAS card for. Since there are two of them, can we attach 3 extra people to each boy and thereby avoid the dreaded 6 maximum number?

We are traveling as a party of 8 in January 2020, but will have 2 little boys that we are planning to get the DAS card for. Since there are two of them, can we attach 3 extra people to each boy and thereby avoid the dreaded 6 maximum number?
if each are given a DAS yes, if only one is you can ask for all members of your family to be put on the DAS and you will need to see at each ride, if you have two DAS then each child will need to ride for everyone to be able to go on the ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!