• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Pass - Encopresis

I listened tonight. They said 1500 people entered lightning lane and 1500 people entered standby in an hour at haunted mansion. They just counted people paying no attention to how they scanned apparently. They said that somehow they know that 300 slots per hour are allocated for genie plus. So the rest must be mostly DAS. They said no tour groups went in. Idk I just don’t see that many DAS people tapping in when we are there. I would think they would not have done this after a ride outage which would add more people to lightning lane. They should know that would skew data. I wonder if the number of genie plus slots per hour are correct. That sure is an awful lot of das families if their assumptions are correct.

One problem with that logic at Disneyland for HM. All handicap parties enter through the lightening lane at HM. The regular queue is not set up for wheelchairs and ECVs, so all those parties will enter via the lightening lane. Many will just have wheelchair return times since the line is not mainstreamed, but some will be DAS. We qualify both ways and I really do not like that he is counting that. Even with the DAS/wheelchair, we end up waiting a lot longer than the LL only people. They only allow so many devices down at one time (used to be 6, but now is slightly higher), so we often wait for 3-4 devices in front of us to enter the mansion. And then we are the last out of the stretching room and need to stay to the right until the pull out of the line at the end of the hallway by the busts. And then we get to wait for buggies 131, 132, 133, 1, and 2 to come around as that is where they stop them for the people who need it stopped. Fine if we arrive and it is over 100, but many times it is in the teens so we have to wait a whole cycle for the buggies to get back around. Usually the Stretching room unloads at least 2 and sometimes 3 times while we wait to board.

One problem with that logic at Disneyland for HM. All handicap parties enter through the lightening lane at HM. The regular queue is not set up for wheelchairs and ECVs, so all those parties will enter via the lightening lane. Many will just have wheelchair return times since the line is not mainstreamed, but some will be DAS. We qualify both ways and I really do not like that he is counting that. Even with the DAS/wheelchair, we end up waiting a lot longer than the LL only people. They only allow so many devices down at one time (used to be 6, but now is slightly higher), so we often wait for 3-4 devices in front of us to enter the mansion. And then we are the last out of the stretching room and need to stay to the right until the pull out of the line at the end of the hallway by the busts. And then we get to wait for buggies 131, 132, 133, 1, and 2 to come around as that is where they stop them for the people who need it stopped. Fine if we arrive and it is over 100, but many times it is in the teens so we have to wait a whole cycle for the buggies to get back around. Usually the Stretching room unloads at least 2 and sometimes 3 times while we wait to board.
This data was gathered in Disney World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter