• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS - multiple return times? - Disneyland

nalababybear

Mouseketeer
Just renewed DS's DAS yesterday and the CM mentioned that after 2 hours of the initial return time, we can select another if that one has not been used. --- ie stacking them like old Fastpass system.

Is this true? We've never tried it since we never knew that option was carried over (or restarted).

Just renewed DS's DAS yesterday and the CM mentioned that after 2 hours of the initial return time, we can select another if that one has not been used. --- ie stacking them like old Fastpass system.

Is this true? We've never tried it since we never knew that option was carried over (or restarted).
That doesn't sound quite right. Sounds like that CM was describing G+. I renewed my DAS today at DL and was told repeatedly that I can only hold one return time which I must use or cancel before I can book another return time. That matches what I've been told before about DAS. The only time I can hold more than one return time is when a DAS return time turns into a MEP. I can then book another DAS return time and hold both that and the MEP simultaneously.

Our same experience too. MEP being the only time we've held multiple. Just never tried to get another DAS time after two hours even though we've held return time well past 2 hours while hanging in the hotel midday. Next time opportunity arises, will try it out to see if that CM was just mixing up his data -- even though everything else he said as spot on.

I think something was not explained well.
My guess is either the CM was talking about Genie+ OR was trying to explain that you don't need to use the DAS Advance Selections made in connection with doing the advance video registration before making a DAS Return Time in the parks on the day of visit.

I did see a post somewhere else where the poster said they were told they could start making DAS Return Times once they entered the park, even though their DAS Advance Selection was more than 2 hours away. (This is correct information - DAS Advance Selections don't affect DAS Return Times). I can see how that could be interpreted as being able to stack DAS Return Times when it was not meant that way.

Update: Went earlier this week and had a break in the middle. After two hours, tried to add another DAS - nope. The 'exceeded DAS limit' popped up and specifically said only one active DAS time at a time.

If the DAS flips to a redemption due to ride downtime, it's releases the DAS time and book another. We had four ride failures that day--a record for us. I swear those darn gremlins were following us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter