• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Just adding my experience today as additional anecdotes:

I did video registration today at 7:30am CST, waited about 5 minutes or so before the video chat started. Was able to sign up for DAS for my trip starting June 1. The CM told me my DAS is valid for 30 days from that point, so June 30th. (I have an AP) I was also given the opportunity to sign up for preselects for 7 days of the trip (We are there for 8 park days, but not an issue, half the time we don't end up using the preselects). Surprisingly, we did the preselects right then and there on the video chat, and not on text chat as I have experienced in the past. The CM did let me know that if I renew in 30 days there will be changes and that's all outlined online. All-in-all, everything went smoothly, couldn't have asked for an easier experience!

Our trip ends on the 27th. I’m guessing it’s good for 30 days, starting on May 1st, which was the day I had the video chat. I was just relieved to get it, since she just has a physical disability.
Just to reiterate -- DAS pre-registration done prior to May 20th is under the old qualification rules. Pre-registration done May20th or later will be under the new DAS qualification rules.

I registered my daughter on Monday April 29 for our WDW trip beginning on 5/29. 8 day date-based tickets and that is the day our tickets (and resort stay) begin. Her DAS is valid through the end of our trip - June 5th. I was explicitly told I do not need to call back or re-register after May 20. I asked about any changes I should be aware of and he said there are changes that go into effect "later next month" [May] but that I "don't need to worry about that." I elected to not to pre-selects right then as I was needing to leave for work. When I got to work I used the Planning button in the chat and I was able to do pre-selects for 7 days. I was told in the chat with the pre-selects cast member that I could make the 8th day after my first park day (5/29). I did 6 days with the intention of returning to do the 7th day later on.

However, I have been trying to go back to Advance Planning via chat to make my 7th day of pre-selects now for two days and every time I click on the Planning button in the chat, the "agent" (bot) sends a link in the chat that just goes back to the same page and then immediately closes the chat. Over and over again. I'm at work right now but this evening I'm going to try just chatting with a Registration CM again to see if they can do them or if they can connect me to an actual person.
Are you using the link that was in the chat, or going back to the website the same way as you did for the registration?
After accepting the Terms & Conditions on that page, go to Start Chat in that same area. When the chat opens, you should get a message that asks you to choose whether you are registering for DAS or are already registered and want Planning. Choose planning or type that you need to plan DAS Advance in the text box

Just adding my experience today as additional anecdotes:

I did video registration today at 7:30am CST, waited about 5 minutes or so before the video chat started. Was able to sign up for DAS for my trip starting June 1. The CM told me my DAS is valid for 30 days from that point, so June 30th. (I have an AP) I was also given the opportunity to sign up for preselects for 7 days of the trip (We are there for 8 park days, but not an issue, half the time we don't end up using the preselects). Surprisingly, we did the preselects right then and there on the video chat, and not on text chat as I have experienced in the past. The CM did let me know that if I renew in 30 days there will be changes and that's all outlined online. All-in-all, everything went smoothly, couldn't have asked for an easier experience!
Ok, so I would be similar to you all, correct? Our trip begins June 8th (park day that day). We have APs that I have not activated yet, I will do so on June 8th with our first park day. I would be ok to call in May 9th and get (if I qualify, I have in the past) the DAS and it would be active for our entire trip that ends June 14th. Am I thinking correctly?

Ok, so I would be similar to you all, correct? Our trip begins June 8th (park day that day). We have APs that I have not activated yet, I will do so on June 8th with our first park day. I would be ok to call in May 9th and get (if I qualify, I have in the past) the DAS and it would be active for our entire trip that ends June 14th. Am I thinking correctly?
Yep, that lines up with my experience.

Are you using the link that was in the chat, or going back to the website the same way as you did for the registration?
After accepting the Terms & Conditions on that page, go to Start Chat in that same area. When the chat opens, you should get a message that asks you to choose whether you are registering for DAS or are already registered and want Planning. Choose planning or type that you need to plan DAS Advance in the text box
Yep, that's what I've been doing. All the link does is take you back to the same website for registration, same chat, same everything. Over and over and over.

Yep, that's what I've been doing. All the link does is take you back to the same website for registration, same chat, same everything. Over and over and over.
Are you getting the text chat window?
It WILL be the same chat, with all the information from your last text chat.
When the chat window comes up, try typing in something like - already registered for DAS. Need to make DAS Advance Selections.
That was what I did for visit beginning April 14

Are you getting the text chat window?
It WILL be the same chat, with all the information from your last text chat.
When the chat window comes up, try typing in something like - already registered for DAS. Need to make DAS Advance Selections.
That was what I did for visit beginning April 14
Yes...I know. I have done it before. And it worked on Monday doing it the exact same way I am doing it now which is how I've always done it. It is the same chat.

Just to reiterate -- DAS pre-registration done prior to May 20th is under the old qualification rules. Pre-registration done May20th or later will be under the new DAS qualification rules.
Thank you for clarifying. I wasn’t sure whether the qualifications changed for registrations made after May 20 or for trips starting after May 20. I might be down in August with my other child who previously qualified for DAS (epilepsy), so we’ll see what happens when the time comes to register.

Just finished up four days at Disneyland Resort. Think I had seen some reports saying that the 10 minute wait between reservations was already in effect - this wasn’t my experience, I was actively encouraged by cast members to book my next one and when queuing (which I usually didn’t do as prefer having time to think about what makes the most sense for me).

There were very few people using DAS which I thought was interesting (given the reports I’ve seen online) - this was my first disabled visit to a US park so could only go by online reports - it did make me wonder if the planned changes were already reducing numbers of people applying for/using DAS even if they’re not in effect yet.

You might have already, but have you switched browsers. Like if using Chrome try Firefox. It might be a problem with the browser cache.
I have also had issues with links taking me to the correct place with DAS chats.... last time, I fininally solved it by doing this...
  • Disable all VPNs, adblockers, and content blockers, and clear cache, cookies before beginning.
  • Check permissions for the page to be sure Camera, Microphone, and Pop-ups/Redirects and Third Party Cookies are allowed by clicking on the lock next to the website address
  • If a box with these settings does not come up, click on “Site Setting” and allow them

Just finished up four days at Disneyland Resort. Think I had seen some reports saying that the 10 minute wait between reservations was already in effect - this wasn’t my experience, I was actively encouraged by cast members to book my next one and when queuing (which I usually didn’t do as prefer having time to think about what makes the most sense for me).

There were very few people using DAS which I thought was interesting (given the reports I’ve seen online) - this was my first disabled visit to a US park so could only go by online reports - it did make me wonder if the planned changes were already reducing numbers of people applying for/using DAS even if they’re not in effect yet.
The website has been updated to reflect the new language with regards to autism/developmental so it’s possible some of the nonsense is already curtailing.

Experience applying yesterday for trip May 27-28 at WDW -

Logged on around 5:45pm. Representative was on the call in less than 5 minutes 😯 and asked the standard waiting in line question. No other questions (physical disability).

Asked about booking advance selections. Explained that it would expire 30 days from 1st usage day (we're Annual Passholders)

The super short wait was wonderful. He did ask if we had any questions, and noted that he could see we've had DAS before.

We have FIVE other trips booked, so just grateful for this one in the event the new process negatively impacts our experience in the future.

The website has been updated to reflect the new language with regards to autism/developmental so it’s possible some of the nonsense is already curtailing.
This is from emails that have been sent to people asking questions about changes to DAS.
I EXPECT this version of wording or similar will be on the websites when they are totally updated on May 20 for WDW and June 18 for DL.

"There are various accommodations available to meet the needs of our Guests, which may be discussed in individualized conversations within 30 days of a planned visit with our Accessibility Services Cast Members. The Disability Access Service (DAS) is one program offered, and it is intended specifically for those guests who, due to a developmental disability like autism or similar, are unable to wait in a conventional queue for an extended period of time.

Some Guests enrolled in DAS in the past may be offered alternate accommodations based on the results of their individual conversations.These include Rider Switch, Mobility Services, options for those who may unexpectedly need to leave a queue, and/or other recommendations. Guests who may need accessibility accommodations will be offered an individualized conversation with
our team within 30 days of a planned visit."

How would you know there were very few people using DAS?

I registered my daughter on Monday April 29 for our WDW trip beginning on 5/29. 8 day date-based tickets and that is the day our tickets (and resort stay) begin. Her DAS is valid through the end of our trip - June 5th. I was explicitly told I do not need to call back or re-register after May 20. I asked about any changes I should be aware of and he said there are changes that go into effect "later next month" [May] but that I "don't need to worry about that." I elected to not to pre-selects right then as I was needing to leave for work. When I got to work I used the Planning button in the chat and I was able to do pre-selects for 7 days. I was told in the chat with the pre-selects cast member that I could make the 8th day after my first park day (5/29). I did 6 days with the intention of returning to do the 7th day later on.

However, I have been trying to go back to Advance Planning via chat to make my 7th day of pre-selects now for two days and every time I click on the Planning button in the chat, the "agent" (bot) sends a link in the chat that just goes back to the same page and then immediately closes the chat. Over and over again. I'm at work right now but this evening I'm going to try just chatting with a Registration CM again to see if they can do them or if they can connect me to an actual person.
We were able to make changes and book preselects in the Disney World App. Three lines bottom left, then chat with us. Then I typed something like DAS help and got a CM within minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter