Votes: 9 17.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Other Accommodations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

disneydad7281231

Mouseketeer
I wanted to create a thread that was STRICTLY for feedback on your DAS conversation with MS.

First time DAS applicate or have had DAS in the past?
- If it is not your first time, did the process go differently?
Approved for DAS? Give other options?
- If given another option please explain the process!

As there is another thread for extensive conversation on DAS, I would like this to be all about the data and not a conversation on opinions or thoughts therefore being RESPECTFUL should NOT be an issue.

I was approved but this was before the new DAS rules. Don't know if this counts for your thread, lol. Our trip is next week.

Our oldest son, now 9, was deemed eligible for our trips in 2022 (done in person at MK), and then virtually in 2023, February 2024, and for our trip in 8 days. We made the call in late April. The CM for this coming trip took my son's photo before getting into the discussion of his needs for DAS. Additionally, she could already see his past history with DAS. It was a relatively easy experience for us, but we were under the old rules.

I was approved but this was before the new DAS rules. Don't know if this counts for your thread, lol. Our trip is next week.
Our oldest son, now 9, was deemed eligible for our trips in 2022 (done in person at MK), and then virtually in 2023, February 2024, and for our trip in 8 days. We made the call in late April. The CM for this coming trip took my son's photo before getting into the discussion of his needs for DAS. Additionally, she could already see his past history with DAS. It was a relatively easy experience for us, but we were under the old rules.
Looking for just under the NEW rules THANKS for taking the time though!

Hi, I’m that guy (gal, actually) who voted “other” before realizing it probably meant “other ACCOMMODATION offered” instead of “I’m in another category because we haven’t tried yet”— can you delete my vote and perhaps change the title to “other kind of acccommodation” (and maybe make an option for “just here to see the data before I apply later this year” for those of us who don’t realize it was option to just see results).

I wanted to create a thread that was STRICTLY for feedback on your DAS conversation with MS.

First time DAS applicate or have had DAS in the past?
- If it is not your first time, did the process go differently?
Approved for DAS? Give other options?
- If given another option please explain the process!

As there is another thread for extensive conversation on DAS, I would like this to be all about the data and not a conversation on opinions or thoughts therefore being RESPECTFUL should NOT be an issue.
Not approved though I was 3 times before. Told it was strictly cognitive issues. Also told if I need to leave the line, I can get a return time from cast member. I plan to request that this be put in writing, as CM word is not always accepted (or accurate). Told I could go to baby care center if needed (Adult w/ medical issues). Given the standard cut paste of buying genie/ILL. Rethinking trip/AP

Not approved though I was 3 times before. Told it was strictly cognitive issues. Also told if I need to leave the line, I can get a return time from cast member. I plan to request that this be put in writing, as CM word is not always accepted (or accurate). Told I could go to baby care center if needed (Adult w/ medical issues). Given the standard cut paste of buying genie/ILL. Rethinking trip/AP
That strictly "cognitive issues" company line is going to work great right up until the first person who asked for an accommodation loses consciousness in line. I can tell you that the last time I lost consciousness due to my illness I didn't have time to "get out of line". I told the person next to me that I needed to kneel down and then a few seconds later I was out.

That strictly "cognitive issues" company line is going to work great right up until the first person who asked for an accommodation loses consciousness in line. I can tell you that the last time I lost consciousness due to my illness I didn't have time to "get out of line". I told the person next to me that I needed to kneel down and then a few seconds later I was out.
And will Disney pay for medical expenses when people step on you after you lost consciousness? I wish I could say people would not do that, but sadly, many would.

I think this poll would also benefit from the options:

'Yes - and this is my first time'
'Yes - and I've been approved in past'
'No - and this is my first time'
'No - and I've been approved in past'

I'm specifically very curious about how many people who've gotten it in the past are now being denied.

I was at Disney yesterday, thinking I still had a DAS, it was gone, so went to guest services. They will not talk to you there, but will help you call in to their disability chat.

I was approved, but nobody else that I heard in the courtyard around me was was. They had LOTS of CMs with iPads for people to use to do video chat.

There were so many of us, it was easy to hear everyone’s conversations. Most I heard were issues I didn’t think you could get a DAS for to begin with.

I do not have cognitive issues, but don’t want to state what my needs are. They approved me for 120 days.

The thing I was most happy about is that the DAS didn’t limit me to two per day, as I had thought. I used it as many times as I wanted at two parks.

I really hope that will continue to be the case.

I will say they came on chat VERY quickly. I’m not sure if it was because I was already at the parks, which they asked, or if it’s because they anticipated the heavy chat volume and had all hands on deck.

Just another tidbit I’d like to share - I can completely understand why they are tightening up after things I saw and heard yesterday.

Later in the day, I was at an umbrella in EPCOT, getting help with my grandson’s Magicband. A 20-something woman came up complaining that she wanted a DAS pass back due to the line at Remy.

Of course she was told she needed to do the chat if she had medical needs. This woman shamelessly announced that she had no medical needs, but was not standing in that line!!! 🤦‍♀️

She wasn’t even slightly embarrassed. Of course everyone has the option to purchase Genie+ but she said she couldn’t afford it.

Best wishes to those that truly need DAS. I have a feeling that some will be accidentally denied in the initial chaos. 💔

Thank you for the first-hand report from yesterday.

The thing I was most happy about is that the DAS didn’t limit me to two per day, as I had thought. I used it as many times as I wanted at two parks.
DAS has never limited to 2 per day. Were you thinking of the 2 Advanced Selections you could schedule in advance? Those have either gone away completely or may be available to a few individuals based on needs. But that was separate from the in-park DAS Return Times which has never been restricted and is not now.

I will say they came on chat VERY quickly.
This is good to know, thank you.

I think this poll would also benefit from the options:

'Yes - and this is my first time'
'Yes - and I've been approved in past'
'No - and this is my first time'
'No - and I've been approved in past'

I'm specifically very curious about how many people who've gotten it in the past are now being denied.
Unfortunately I can't change responses, the question, or add a new poll.

Later in the day, I was at an umbrella in EPCOT, getting help with my grandson’s Magicband. A 20-something woman came up complaining that she wanted a DAS pass back due to the line at Remy.

Of course she was told she needed to do the chat if she had medical needs. This woman shamelessly announced that she had no medical needs, but was not standing in that line!!! 🤦‍♀️

She wasn’t even slightly embarrassed. Of course everyone has the option to purchase Genie+ but she said she couldn’t afford it.
I'm glad they are attempting to crack down on blatant abuses of DAS. There's an attorney in our office who brags about how he gets DAS every time by lying that he gets anxiety in large crowds. He even told me how he'll go to get DAS in the park and then wander away during the interview to act like the anxiety is too great and then he comes back to finalize the process. He's just too cheap to pay for Genie+.

I'm glad they are attempting to crack down on blatant abuses of DAS. There's an attorney in our office who brags about how he gets DAS every time by lying that he gets anxiety in large crowds. He even told me how he'll go to get DAS in the park and then wander away during the interview to act like the anxiety is too great and then he comes back to finalize the process. He's just too cheap to pay for Genie+.
I understand wanting to cut down on people lying (and I am hoping you said something to him while he was bragging about lying about his behavior)... However this change is also going to negatively impact so many families with disabilities that will now make a Disney trip no longer work for their families. I would argue that I would rather someone get a DAS that does not need it VS those that need it are now being denied. Isn't it more important that families with disabilities are able to also experience the parks?

I do not believe Disney is doing this to improve guest experience and are okay to lose money in the process... if they are really going to be stationing extra CMs to help with Return to Line needs (and I honestly have my doubts on that) they will recoup that cost by selling additional Genie+ and ILLs keeping lines as they are.

This new policy harms more than helps.

Last edited:
I understand wanting to cut down on people lying I understand wanting to cut down on people lying (and I am hoping you said something to him while he was bragging about lying about his behavior)... However this change is also going to negatively impact so many families with disabilities that will now make a Disney trip no longer work for their families. I would argue that I would rather someone get a DAS that does not need it VS those that need it are now being denied. Isn't it more important that families with disabilities are able to also experience the parks?

I do not believe Disney is doing this to improve guest experience and are okay to lose money in the process... if they are really going to be stationing extra CMs to help with Return to Line needs (and I honestly have my doubts on that) they will recoup that cost by selling additional Genie+ and ILLs keeping lines as they are.

This new policy harms more than helps.
They aren’t going to have extra CMs at each attraction, those that think they will are fooling themselves and if they do, it will last a couple of months and go away. This policy definitely harms more than helps, but mark my words, Disney is doing it solely to make more money.

Anyone know via anecdote or word of mouth whether they’re still approving DAS for epilepsy and seizure disorders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter