Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Return to Queue

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Other Accommodations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
…First time registering for DL… don't know if that made me approved under the old rules, but it felt exactly the same to me.
Just so you don’t have undue expectations going forward- it felt like the old system because it was the old system.

DL doesn’t transition for a few more weeks. The 5/20 date in the title only refers to WDW.

Just so you don’t have undue expectations going forward- it felt like the old system because it was the old system.

DL doesn’t transition for a few more weeks. The 5/20 date in the title only refers to WDW.
Ah, thank you. I thought that since our visit was after the new system starts the approval was also under the new system.

I am Currently still under the old DAS that will expire for me in June . We don’t have another trip to WDW until August.. we however are going to Disney Land in July . I am A breast cancer survivor with many side effects from treatments. I will Not list my issues here but it seems that I will Now loose my DAS .. we have decided to cut our AP at WDW from incrediapass to the DVC one ( we own 600 PTS ) and to cut our California trip to 2 park days with us doing other parks that use the IBCESS Program. Already approved and it works for a year. I’ve never been dissatisfied with Disney and am a fan but this is not the way they should have cracked down on DAS . They should have followed universal and six flags with the IBCESS program because having a CM tell me I’m no longer disabled enough while I am Everywhere else is very sad 😢 for people who truly have a need and will have issues in the parks .

I believe Disney is in big financial trouble and with parks in FL building family coasters and whole new parks it’s every dollar now that counts .. and lots of dollars are going to go to other parks as Disney redoes old rides with nothing new coming
Were you already denied DAS? Or are you assuming that you will be?

We are going to DL on the 21st july. (till 23rd). Does this mean we can only apply under the 'new' system? (only 30 days in advance?)

Does it matter? This was in response to someone who stated the HCP is always involved to grant DAS. That is incorrect. CMs are able to grant DAS without bringing in the HCP for consult or approval; why some bring in the HCP isn't really relevant.
I thought we were not supposed to speculate - that we were looking for first person experiences?

I do not believe that is accurate as all of our party is 14+ and my daughter was approved.
I don't know, all I can relay is what we were told and that is that we have additional people who can wait in line for us while my husband and I wait out of line with our son and then meet at the merge point. Since our older kids are riding different rides than us they can't hold our spot, so another party we are traveling with is allowing my son to ride with them on their DAS to accommodate his needs. This will not be the case for our next trip, so I'm planning on deleting everyone from my account except me and my son before applying next trip to see if that works for us. The funny thing is that this other party almost didn't apply after we were denied bc our son has more needs than the other child, but that child was actually approved pretty easily so what I was told is actually the only thing that makes sense to me as to why they keep denying us.

I thought we were not supposed to speculate - that we were looking for first person experiences?
I'm not too sure why this point matters so much. Speculation about changes to DAS, accommodations, Genie+, etc. simply creates confusion and spreads misinformation for posters looking for details of how the new changes will actually work in the parks.

Assumptions about why a CM asks an HCP to consult on a particular video call doesn't really carry forward much or cause confusion. Or am I missing the confusion it has created? An HCP may or may not be involved in the call -- that's the important take-away.

I don't know, all I can relay is what we were told and that is that we have additional people who can wait in line for us while my husband and I wait out of line with our son and then meet at the merge point. Since our older kids are riding different rides than us they can't hold our spot, so another party we are traveling with is allowing my son to ride with them on their DAS to accommodate his needs. This will not be the case for our next trip, so I'm planning on deleting everyone from my account except me and my son before applying next trip to see if that works for us. The funny thing is that this other party almost didn't apply after we were denied bc our son has more needs than the other child, but that child was actually approved pretty easily so what I was told is actually the only thing that makes sense to me as to why they keep denying us.
My daughter was also approved and the rest of our party is 14+

This is slightly confusing, because I didn't think previously DL did DAS over the Virtual Chat. I thought it was always in person in the parks. So if you do the virtual now, its using the old approval guidelines, but still usable after the switch to the new system?

This is slightly confusing, because I didn't think previously DL did DAS over the Virtual Chat. I thought it was always in person in the parks. So if you do the virtual now, its using the old approval guidelines, but still usable after the switch to the new system?
Disneyland has had video chats since shortly after WDW started - maybe around Dec. 2021.

DLR/DCA has been using some tighter qualifications for a year or so now, but officially the change takes place June 18th. DAS approvals until then are under the existing rules and yes DAS issued now will be valid after the rule change if that is when the visit occurs. On "renewal" it will all be new rules and processes.

This is nitpicking.
Someone had posted that the Health Professional was always included and wondered why they might not be. I gave a possible reason, which doesn't matter in the course of anything. It is consistent with how new procedures are taught - I've done a lot of teaching in the past as a nurse;
teaching > demonstration > return demonstration(s) > observation/validation > independence with ability to consult as needed

The possible 'why' doesn't matter.
The fact from people's experience is that some people have reported the Health Professional was called in and others indicated it was just the CM.
The important fact is that the Health Professional may or may not be involved in any particular call.
I'm not too sure why this point matters so much. Speculation about changes to DAS, accommodations, Genie+, etc. simply creates confusion and spreads misinformation for posters looking for details of how the new changes will actually work in the parks.

Assumptions about why a CM asks an HCP to consult on a particular video call doesn't really carry forward much or cause confusion. Or am I missing the confusion it has created? An HCP may or may not be involved in the call -- that's the important take-away.
AGREE
Disneyland also did the advance video chat registration. They started about 6 weeks after WDW did in late 2021.
It was also available in person in the parks. For WDW, it is only available by video chat as of May 20, 2023. That would be either in advance or at a part.
DL will use the new guidelines starting June 18, 2023 by advance video chat. At first, it looked like they would may also be using video chat to register in the parks at a specific location in the Esplanade. What is posted now on the DL website sounds like they will have registration available in person at DL at a dedicated booth.
"There are 2 ways for Guests to have a conversation with a Cast Member to determine eligibility for DAS: (1) live video chat or (2) on-site at an Accessibility Services window.

Speak with a Cast Member via live video chat to determine eligibility as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit.

In-person registration is available on day of your visit at the Accessibility Services window"
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gu...y-access-service/#drawer-card-step-1-register

This matches with what people are reporting they have been told.

I didn’t report my experience last week because it’s under the old DL rules but it’s consistent with everything above. Even though I’m a passholder, it’s only good for 30 days from my June visit.

CM are following a set of guidelines that they were trained for on when to deny, approve or pull in a HCP. Their responses are all based on the answers/responses you give to the questions that they ask. This is why everyone's experience with the CM DAS video chat is different. From what I seen/heard/read from others is that most if not all the times a CM brings in a HCP it is for a developmental issue and not a physical issue.

CM are following a set of guidelines that they were trained for on when to deny, approve or pull in a HCP. Their responses are all based on the answers/responses you give to the questions that they ask. This is why everyone's experience with the CM DAS video chat is different. From what I seen/heard/read from others is that most if not all the times a CM brings in a HCP it is for a developmental issue and not a physical issue.
I have seen posts where a person’s issue was developmental and a health professional was added to the call and others where one was not.
I’ve also seen posts with the same experience with physical issues.

It may be per the CM following guidelines they were trained on, part of the individual CM’s training process, because the CM wants/needs verification or consultation or other reasons. Some of the reasons may have more to do with the process than your actual request for registration

The best answer for everyone is to expect a health professional MAY be added into the call and to not be surprised if one is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter