Dark Rides and motion for the Little ones

Elmo007

DIS Veteran
So I just took my 9 year old on the new dark Ride at Six Flags - Battle for Metropolis. At least in NJ its new so I guess most people wont know the level of motion. It had some spins and twists and tilts combined with 3D (actually 4D). The little one (10) could handle it but needed a break after the first ride before considering going again. (slight Headache)

So I am familiar with that rides. I am also familiar with The Simpsons Ride, Men in Black Alien Attack and Star Tours. I think the little one can handle those.

I have decided that Harry Potter Forbidden Journey will be too much.

However, based on wht I described is Spiderman and Transformers appropriate?

Thanks for any input

PS - I assume Minions, Fallon and Skull Island are all OK. Its just those other 2 that I am not sure.

Spiderman and Transformers should be fine. I haven't done Simpsons but many don't feel well after going on it.

I do Simpsons multiply times and enjoy the show it has on the screen

I have minears issue and twice in the beginning of the "coaster climb" portion, I have to look at my feet so my brain does not get jumbled

This keeps me from going into vertigo

So I just took my 9 year old on the new dark Ride at Six Flags - Battle for Metropolis. At least in NJ its new so I guess most people wont know the level of motion. It had some spins and twists and tilts combined with 3D (actually 4D). The little one (10) could handle it but needed a break after the first ride before considering going again. (slight Headache)

So I am familiar with that rides. I am also familiar with The Simpsons Ride, Men in Black Alien Attack and Star Tours. I think the little one can handle those.

I have decided that Harry Potter Forbidden Journey will be too much.

However, based on wht I described is Spiderman and Transformers appropriate?

Thanks for any input

PS - I assume Minions, Fallon and Skull Island are all OK. Its just those other 2 that I am not sure.

Hi I was there yesterday and rode the JLBM ride in NJ. I got a little dizzy in a couple places briefly. I have been on Transformers and Spider-man multiple times and really didn't have problems. The one part I find consistent that can be a little dizzy is the scenes where there is a chase down a street and things are going by fast. I think those two rides should be fine.

If your kiddo can do Spiderman, I think Forbidden Journey will be fine. I have a sensitive stomach and wasn't much bothered by FJ, although I liked Gringotts better. I can't make it through Simpsons without closing my eyes for half of it. I also have a very easily scared 7 year old that was fine on FJ although he didn't want to ride again. He liked it better than both Transformers and Spiderman.

Alas, you aren't going to get unanimity on this. Only Minions and Simpsons bothered me. Forbidden Journey did dh in. I'd have hated to miss any of them! I really think that there's no way to know which will work for individuals.

Simpsons made me sick/headache and to date, only Mission Space in Disney had done me in. FJ was thrilling for me, no effect and even my sister who is motion-sick sensitive reported nothing (beyond fear that she would get sick).

I think Spider-man will be okay.. it's not a constant intensity. Most of it is "driving" through town and stopping to see the action. There's one section that has the car "falling" and there are lots of explosions. :) If Transformers is like the one in Universal Hollywood, it's much the same as Spider-man. Except the story is kinda muddled and confusing. I think you really need to know the franchise to understand the story.

The easiest way to describe Forbidden Journey is to imagine flying on your own broomstick through Hogwarts. I really enjoyed it and found the technology to do the ride to be awesome. If either you or your little one is claustrophobic, there might be a problem as you sit in your own compartment in a box of 4 and that might cause some issues. See image: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4990363504_e4f7c36a6a.jpg You can really only see forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!