DaltonsdoDisney-Day at Sea

daltonsdodisney

Mouseketeer
We tried to sleep in. Easy to do with the dark cabin! I intended on getting up early every morning and doing aerobics and strength training, but it never happened! We had breakfast, then secured a spot on deck 10 overlooking the Mickey pool. We just wanted to lounge and relax on our last day. For lunch, the kids ate hot dogs, chips, ice cream and I had a chicken wrap from Scoops. We loved the elaborate buffets, but were ready for some basic junk food! The Mickey pool is only a wading pool, so I steered the kids over to the Goofy pool for awhile, but they didn't like it near as well. The Mickey pool seems bigger and the kids enjoy jumping off the ears and going down the slide and the company of the other children. It does get very crowded, so much to where you hardly have space of your own, but the kids don't seem to mind. As long as I have my chair and can see them, I'm fine too. I really soaked up the Disney atmosphere. We were hooked on the upbeat music; Wipe-out, Macarena, Ghostbusters, Pump up the Jam, etc.. At 1:30 was the Goofy's Pool Party, so we switched tables and moved over there, while my parents went to the Captains Q & A. My kids were pretty tired and were ready to go back to the room and crash. They peeled off their wet clothes, and curled up on the bed, watching Bug's Life. I didn't enjoy being in the room much. There wasn't much space and it was very dark and I didn't want to miss anything, so I changed and walked around Deck 10, which I'd hoped to do more, but time flies and there's so much to do. We decided to see Disney Dreams at the 2:30 matinee so we'd have our evening free. We did that and it was a great show, with highlights of different Disney movies, so you get a chance to see your favorites. We had Palo reservations and I knew the kids had to go to the club, so I took them up early, to ensure they'd get supper there. Being together helped their morale and I told them I'd pick them up for family disco in Studio Sea by 7:45. We ate at Palo with my parents. I wore a long black dress with spaghetti straps and my husband wore a suit. My mom wore a seafoam green short-sleeved cocktail dress and my dad a suit. I was finally hungry for once, as we'd skipped the big lunch buffet. I enjoyed it, but it was a little over the top for me. We started with bread, then I ordered the portobella mushroom appetizer, then the rack of lamb, followed by the chocolate souffle for dessert. The server even has a tool that wipes your crumbs from your table. The food was presented very nicely and the selections are things you don't normally get at home, but I wasn't crazy about my lamb and I'm a very adventurous non-picky eater. Even the souffle, though good, was not quite as rich as I like my chocolate. My husband went ahead and left by 8pm, so we could let the kids go to the disco as we'd promised and I boxed his dessert so he could eat it later. My dad loved all the attention and fanfare, but I'd be just as happy in the main dining rotation.
I met them back at the disco. The decks were empty as many were seeing Disney Dreams or packing. We finished our packing, purchased our Shutters pictures and souvenirs, then took the girls to the Kids Club once again to let them try the dress-up clothes at 10pm. I asked once again at the front desk about when they did the dress up and she said during the movie, so I told the girls in front of her to make sure they go to that room instead of the movie and then my husband and I took one last walk around the deck. When we picked them up, they didn't want to leave. One was Jasmine and the other, Sleeping Beauty. We had to go though, as it was getting late and we had to be at breakfast by 6:45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter