Daltons Do Disney-Embarkation Day!

daltonsdodisney

Mouseketeer
Sunday morning was very warm and mostly sunny, so we're doing good so far. We ate our continental breakfast at the H.I. Express, then drove to the terminal around 10am. Security will check her list against your drivers licenses before you can go much farther. After that, the men dropped us off at the curb with our luggage, where the porters promptly loaded our checked bags and we carried the others. At the terminal lobby, we showed our docs, which they tore out a few pages, checked licenses again, then gave us back our docs, which we were done with. It was so exciting to go up the escalator knowing we were on our way after so much planning. Our birth certificates and licenses were then checked and we gave our credit cards to enable charging on our KTTW cards, were given our cards and navigator for the day and got in line. We were the second family in line by the ears! We took turns holding our spot as the line quickly grew while we looked at the ship replica, watched Disney cartoons, had pics taken with Pluto, and went outside on the deck to get a peek at the ship.
Soon, it was time to board. A newlywed couple was introduced and led the countdown. (he was 80, she 85!) The guard dog stood near the doorway, ready to sniff luggage, as we boarded. Our carryons went through the x-ray belt, we crossed the entry and our names were announced. I didn't see Mickey though at that time. We went upstairs to Beach Blanket Buffet. They try to lead you to Parrot Cay, but I wanted to be outside in the air, so we were one of the first up there, had a huge spread for lunch and overlooked the port and sea, anxiously planning our first day.
What a rush! I wasn't prepared for so much to do and so little time. Mom and I were only half though with lunch, but needed to leave to make Palo ressies. We went to Wavebands, where they were taking them, waited 15 min. or so, and easily got the last night that we wanted. We had the TAPT rotation, which wouldn't be my first choice, but we didn't want to mess with changing it. AFter that, I knew I wanted the kids to get in the pool before it was packed, so they changed in the restroom and DH watched them, while I checked into our room, changed, and joined them. The room is so tiny!(Cat. 11) It's very cute and efficient, but the bathroom is like in an airplane. I was so glad I brought my over the door shoe rack.After a few hours, we went back to the room to unpack and get ready for the safety drill. That went smoothly and then we got a spot for the Sailaway party that started soon after. I wasn't sure when I would have time to get ready for our 6pm dinner, but I didn't want to give up the deck party, so we did that. It was so much fun, more than I expected. The characters and cast members came out, dancing and singing, really getting the crowd involved. I couldn't help but laugh seeing my dad doing the YMCA motions and he and mom jitterbugging to Twist and Shout. Donald Duck came among us and danced with my 6 yr. old. The Charles Marshall Band came out and really got it going. They are really good. He's a young, black guy who can sing anything and really dance. She's a young white girl with lots of energy and a great voice. They really have a good time. Then to see the ship pulling out, passing the other ships still docked is just awesome!
After that, we rushed to get ready for dinner. I hated to dress up on the first night, but we did. Tritons was good and by the end of the trip, we grew to love our servers, Rolly and Dewa. They called us by name, treated us very respectfully, and seemed to really enjoy talking with us and the kids. Dewa would make Mickey faces with the ketchup on my daughters plate and did some napkin tricks. I had the sea bass, I think, and can't remember the appetizer and dessert, but I tried to remember what sounded familiar from these boards and go with that. After dinner, we wanted to check the kids into the clubs, but it was so crowded and then you get distracted as you see characters in the lobby greeting people, which of course, my youngest has to do, so we're off waiting in line for that. We did get them registered, but they wanted to go to the family disco at Studio Sea, so we did that. It was never very crowded. Its just a dance floor with music playing that kids/families get up and dance to and sort of come and go as they please. We tried to go to Hercules, but the boat was rocking so much, we all felt a little drunk. My husband is not one for feeling out of control (doesn't ride rides, hates flying, etc..)so we left early. I put the kids in their clubs for awhile (5-7) and (8-10) and went to the 50's, 60's Rock and Roll party with my parents. My husband was so tired, he crashed right away. The cast members do a great job of getting the party started and try to involve people right off. I only stayed awhile, since my husband was not there, grabbed the kids, and went to bed. The end of a very exciting, but exhausting first day.

Wonderful Report!!!

I leave in a few weeks for my 4 day and your reports are really getting me excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter