D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D23 Veterans - is it worth signing up for a gold membership for the early bird discount?

Last time general membership was still able to get the early bird member discount. You did have to have gold if you wanted the sorcerer pass though.

Gold does have other perks at the event itself. You still have to show up early but they have a seperate lineup area for main hall panels, last year it was The first few lines in each group. There are also a few exclusive merchandise items at the shops as well. We also got a free poster.

Last edited:
Last time general membership was still able to get the early bird member discount. You did have to have gold if you wanted the sorcerer pass though.

Gold does have other perks at the event itself. You still have to show up early but they have a seperate lineup area for main hall panels, last year it was The first few lines in each group. There are also a few exclusive merchandise items at the shops as well. We also got a free poster.

That's good to know, thanks for the insight! I'll definitely be considering it now.... :D

I am considering finally making the trip but not sure I can talk anyone into going with me. Are there are a lot of solo travelers that go?

When you purchase tickets or a sorcerers package a full twelve months prior to expo are you charged the full amount then or do they take a deposit and charge you the rest closer to the actual date?

When you purchase tickets or a sorcerers package a full twelve months prior to expo are you charged the full amount then or do they take a deposit and charge you the rest closer to the actual date?
If I’m not mistaken any tickets purchased for the expo are paid in full at time of purchase.

Charged in full, a year in advance :headache:

I missed this thread, it's going to be my jam.

I'm bummed about the later dates. We were planning a family vacation around it, but DS will be back to school then. I guess it's a solo trip for me, which maybe isn't all that bad;)

You won't be solo! You'll have us to wait in line with or save your spot.

This is like a class reunion! I love seeing all the familiar names back in the thread. :)
*Feels like we should be passing around drinks and snacks*

Did someone say snacks?

I am considering finally making the trip but not sure I can talk anyone into going with me. Are there are a lot of solo travelers that go?
Lots of people go to Expo solo! Keep following this thread (it will be massive by the time Expo rolls around) and you'll know lots of people by August 2019. :)
I went to my first Expo in 2011 solo. I had a blast. Everyone is a Disney fan so it is easy to make friends in the queues and strike up conversations. I am a reader so I bring books to read.

If you want to get into the panels, you will have to wait in line. A lot.

:wizard:

Lots of people go to Expo solo! Keep following this thread (it will be massive by the time Expo rolls around) and you'll know lots of people by August 2019. :)

I went to my first Expo in 2011 solo. I had a blast. Everyone is a Disney fan so it is easy to make friends in the queues and strike up conversations. I am a reader so I bring books to read.

If you want to get into the panels, you will have to wait in line. A lot.

:wizard:

Thanks! I look forward to getting know people on this thread over the next year leading up to the Expo :)

I will be solo, except for the wonderful friends I have met on the DIS who happen to show up too:)

You won't be solo! You'll have us to wait in line with or save your spot.

I suspect that's going to come in real handy for food and bathroom breaks. I actually looked at booking a room, but the hotels near the convention center aren't booking out that far online. Maybe the 3 of us can share a room. I am still thinking about doing a VIP tour for SWGE during the trip. However, everything is really too far out to book anything.

Another solo traveler here. I took my husband last year for his first taste of the expo. Unfortunately, he’s one and done.

I suspect that's going to come in real handy for food and bathroom breaks. I actually looked at booking a room, but the hotels near the convention center aren't booking out that far online. Maybe the 3 of us can share a room. I am still thinking about doing a VIP tour for SWGE during the trip. However, everything is really too far out to book anything.

Id be down for the room.

I'm going to try stalking the Hilton and book as soon as they release.

Id be down for the room.

I'm going to try stalking the Hilton and book as soon as they release.

I was looking at them too. It looks really nice. I don't have any idea what their rates will be. Splitting it would probably work well though. It looks very convenient. The Sheraton Park Hotel had decent reviews in the Unofficial Guide, and I think their rates are cheaper, if the Hilton looks outrageous to you. The Best Western Plus Stovall's was even cheaper and had decent reviews in the Unofficial Guide.

I was looking at them too. It looks really nice. I don't have any idea what their rates will be. Splitting it would probably work well though. It looks very convenient. The Sheraton Park Hotel had decent reviews in the Unofficial Guide, and I think their rates are cheaper, if the Hilton looks outrageous to you. The Best Western Plus Stovall's was even cheaper and had decent reviews in the Unofficial Guide.

We had friends who did the Hilton last expo and they booked as soon as the rates were released she it was not expensive at all. Their hotel was so nice, just walk outside and you're at the convention. Which comes in handy when you're told that the line for live action is almost full and you gotta be there 5 minutes ago.

Be careful when booking your dates at the Hilton. Last time, we had rooms booked at the Hilton and at the Sheraton Park. When we tried to make one change to the Hilton reservation, the rate went up exponentially! (And I remember a few other people here having similar issues with the Hilton.) So we went with the Sheraton (which not only made the changes we needed, but honored the original rate) and had a great stay. In 2013, we had a great stay at the Hilton, but the rates last year were ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter