Current purchase w/a purchase

scrapfrfun

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what the current purchase w/a purchase is and possibly have a picture? Daughter is leaving tomorrow and I would like to know if I need to shell out extra $$ for something cute :)

Thanks!
-Beth

Thx! We were there in May as they were taking away all the bags/blankets, wouldn't even give us a chance to buy either :(

Last week when we were there, most places had the multi-colored Mickey Head backpack. DD loves the old black and white one it used to be, but is not a big fan of the multi-colored one because it has "angry" Mickey on it- and she doesn't think Mickey should look angry. I think we saw a blanket in a couple of stores-I wasn't paying that close attention. Other stores had a beach towel with Mickey and Minnie on it that folds into a self containing bag. DD had to have that one, so we got it. I don't have a photo right now- but it is cute. Pretty thin towel though- not as thick as the ones we have bought as a regular store purchase Disney properties. Of course, those would be too thick to fold into a little bag- so that probably explains the thinness.

I can't recall ever being given the opportunity to personalize with all the things we have gotten in the past- maybe there is a certain store with the purchase with a purchase that does that, and we have just never been there? I have no idea.

I pulled this from another site...(Disneyland Daily) Hope that's ok to post...

I recommend monogramming each purchase w/purchase item! For $7.99 more, you can personalize each of these items.
Monogramming Details:
  • To monogram at the Disneyland Resort, you must have purchased the item at the resort.
  • Tags must still be on the item.
  • You will need to show your receipt.
  • You must monogram the item within a week or purchasing.
  • Monogramming can be done at Showcase on Main Street in Disneyland, Five and Dime on Buena Vista Street at DCA, World of Disney in Downtown Disney, and the Gift Shop at the Disneyland Hotel.
  • Purchase your item at the cash stand. Take it to the monogram counter to pay for the monogramming and to request specifics like placement of the monogram, color, and font.
  • A cast member will recommend placement of the monogram. Pockets and extra material can prevent some areas from being monogrammed.
  • There are some limits as to what you can monogram. First and last names (together) are not allowed. Meaning, I can have “Casey” embroidered, but not “Casey Starnes”. School names like “LSU” cannot be monogrammed. A cast member will advise.
  • Items are available the same day and typically include about an hour wait. A cast member will give you a return time.

Confirming we did the backpack and monogrammed last week. CM did ask for receipt but I had left it at the hotel...we bought the day before. I had no idea it was necessary and hadn't even thought about it. She Was nice enough to do it anyway, but I would definitely keep the receipt. She said it was a health code regulation.
There were lots of fonts and colours to chose from and $7.99.
Another note...CM were very generous with combining receipts from multiple stores....the sales clerk didn't even ask but I had another receipt in my hand. She didn't even look at it and rang the bag up...it scanned 19.99. I know this can vary but I think for the most part they'll do it if you want things from different stores. (My son wanted a pin bag that is only sold at the pin store and they didn't have the backpack).

Ps... we never saw a blanket, only the backpack and beach towel.

Confirming we did the backpack and monogrammed last week. CM did ask for receipt but I had left it at the hotel...we bought the day before. I had no idea it was necessary and hadn't even thought about it. She Was nice enough to do it anyway, but I would definitely keep the receipt. She said it was a health code regulation.
There were lots of fonts and colours to chose from and $7.99.
Another note...CM were very generous with combining receipts from multiple stores....the sales clerk didn't even ask but I had another receipt in my hand. She didn't even look at it and rang the bag up...it scanned 19.99. I know this can vary but I think for the most part they'll do it if you want things from different stores. (My son wanted a pin bag that is only sold at the pin store and they didn't have the backpack).

Ps... we never saw a blanket, only the backpack and beach towel.

I think I've only seen the blanket in WOD lately.

Also, I was talking to a cashier a little while ago who said that they are totally allowed to combine receipts. Can be from different stores and also different days even, as long as it is within a reasonable "trip" amount of time (so a few days). She did say it could not be a food receipt though (apparently some people have tried that and get angry when they can't use it :rolleyes:).

I think I've only seen the blanket in WOD lately.

Also, I was talking to a cashier a little while ago who said that they are totally allowed to combine receipts. Can be from different stores and also different days even, as long as it is within a reasonable "trip" amount of time (so a few days). She did say it could not be a food receipt though (apparently some people have tried that and get angry when they can't use it :rolleyes:).
When I asked CM (two different) said it was up to lead or manager but I have a feeling it's pretty common practice. Worked well for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter