Current Heat

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
I have seen on weather forecasts for Kapolei that heat with humidex is in high 90's F. I think it has something to do with local winds. Just wondering if this is common.

We are going in late August and we are not huge fans of extreme heat. At least with Aulani, you can jump in pool, ocean, lazy river etc. and not worry about walking miles in an amusement park.

That is really hot for Hawaii, must be the Kona winds. Its usually around 85, and if it goes to 87 they freak out. As long as there is wind it is always comfortable. Best days are slightly cloudy with showers, those are the rainbow days

I have seen on weather forecasts for Kapolei that heat with humidex is in high 90's F. I think it has something to do with local winds. Just wondering if this is common.

We are going in late August and we are not huge fans of extreme heat. At least with Aulani, you can jump in pool, ocean, lazy river etc. and not worry about walking miles in an amusement park.

I wouldn't stress too much. We visited 3 years straight (13-15) for a total of 7 weeks, all in either mid-late July or August. We never had much of an issue at all with "extreme heat". It was mid-high 80's that was hot. Usually it was low 80's with a beautiful breeze. We didn't have 1 time where we weren't able to do something we wanted because of heat and we did a lot of hikes, snorkeling etc... Just make sure that you respect the heat/sun. Stay hydrated(!!!), take some shade breaks and wear sunscreen.

we had 6 great days in the low 80s at Aulani then went to Poipu on Kauai where it rains less than half as much and the sun seems a lot hotter. when the trades are blowing it's ok, but we had a few days over 85, with no AC. lots of water.

We were at Aulani last September and it was low 80s the whole time. It was noticeably warmer and more humid on Kauai, and cooler/windier on Maui.

I am here now from NJ. It has been beautiful and breezy every day with low humidity. I left NJ and it was 100!!!

I am here now from NJ. It has been beautiful and breezy every day with low humidity. I left NJ and it was 100!!!
It's definitely not east coast humidity. I'm originally from MA so I know what that crap is like in the summer. But it's actually pretty humid for here right now. I wish it would stop. I always know when it's humid because that's about the only time I run my a/c. I've become a wimp.

We usually go in September and it seems that is the time the "trades" return as per the local weather. Usually the locals are so happy when the trade winds return. They think it is too hot without them. They sure wouldn't like the heat and humidity we have here in the summer, lol.

There are three large tropical systems in the Pacific right now. I imagine they are causing the increased humidity on Hawaii. We have had almost a week of above average humidity in southern California as well. It's not normal and I don't like it. LOL.

It's definitely not east coast humidity. I'm originally from MA so I know what that crap is like in the summer. But it's actually pretty humid for here right now. I wish it would stop. I always know when it's humid because that's about the only time I run my a/c. I've become a wimp.

Ugh!!
From NY was hoping Hawaii was LOW humidity and nice breezes.
Leaving thurs for Disneyland. Hot there as well. Then sun fly to Oahu. I thought the temps looked warmer when I looked cause I have been stalking but just figured it's summer lol!
Just have to find the umbrellas at Aulani. :-)
Kerri

Last edited:
you might be ok over in Aulani though. It's always a little nicer by the water. And it's still getting nice and cool every afternoon by about 5, it's like the humidity just drops and the breeze picks up. It's certainly weird. And it's been super dry, so everything is brown. Don't be disappointed on your drive in to Aulani.

My mother after over 20 years living in Ewa Beach resorted to adding A/C to her house. Over the years it has gotten warmer and you couldn't depend on the trade winds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter