I am here! Cannot wait to read another one of your trip reports! Yours were some of the first I ever read way back when I joined the dis!

Following! CBR is our home away from home too. It gets a lot of flack on the Dis but we seriously love it. We are not staying there this year for the first time (due to construction) and booked Beach Club instead. I know I'm probably crazy and will love BC but I keep thinking of all the things I love about CBR that I will miss!

What a wonderful surprise to see this today!!
I'm so excited to read this TR!!:cool1:

Just to let you know/remind you, your loosing your tooth report was the FIRST TR I ever read and is what hooked me on the DIS
Also liked that you stayed at CBR because that's where we stayed for our honeymoon and all our vacations.
Can't wait to see what you and John did as a couple.:love:
Our 25th Anniversary trip in 2016 was our first couple one since honeymoon and it was nice to not worry about anybody but what WE wanted to do!

Following.....

Yay I'm excited to see you are back writing! I loved our adults only trip for our anniversary so much that we're going again in February!

I am here! Cannot wait to read another one of your trip reports! Yours were some of the first I ever read way back when I joined the dis!

So glad that you joined in for another one of my trip report!

Following! CBR is our home away from home too. It gets a lot of flack on the Dis but we seriously love it. We are not staying there this year for the first time (due to construction) and booked Beach Club instead. I know I'm probably crazy and will love BC but I keep thinking of all the things I love about CBR that I will miss!

This was the first year that we didn't stay at CBR but we did visit!

What a wonderful surprise to see this today!!
I'm so excited to read this TR!!:cool1:

Just to let you know/remind you, your loosing your tooth report was the FIRST TR I ever read and is what hooked me on the DIS
Also liked that you stayed at CBR because that's where we stayed for our honeymoon and all our vacations.
Can't wait to see what you and John did as a couple.:love:
Our 25th Anniversary trip in 2016 was our first couple one since honeymoon and it was nice to not worry about anybody but what WE wanted to do!

Following.....

Welcome! You've been reading for a long time! A couple trip was so diffferent!

Yay!! I’m so glad to see you started your TR!

Glad to have you here!
Oh yay! I'm here and following along!popcorn::

Welcome to the latest report!

Notes, I like notes. I keep mine in a binder, separated by tabs, titled and sub-sectioned. Yeah, I like notes. Lol

You sound like me! I have a binder with tabs and then I have a notes section too!

Yay!! I’m so glad to see you started your TR!

Welcome! I'm glad that you are here!

yay a new report

Yay for you being here!

I'm so excited for a new TR!! Following along.

Welcome! Great to have you!

Joining in! Can't wait to see what this trip brings you!

Welcome! I'm excited to share!

Glad to have you on board!

Yay I'm excited to see you are back writing! I loved our adults only trip for our anniversary so much that we're going again in February!

I'm excited to be sharing/writing again! February! That's just around the corner!

We never ever leave when we want to! Awww, you made a CD for me?

Our drive to Walt Disney World is 800+ miles. Depending on traffic, it takes anywhere from 14 to 16 hours so we break it into two parts. We leave after work and drive as far as we can. The next morning, we drive the rest of the way. We could, if we wanted, make the drive in one day. But who wants to be tired as heck when they arrive at Walt Disney World? Not I! I want to get there and hit the ground running.

Normally, we don't have a specific stopping point for our first night. We just drive until we are too tired to drive any more or when we get to a semi-big town. Given the time of the year that we were traveling, we wondered if the roads would be busy and if hotels would be booked up. Probably not but what if? I don't know about you but I'm not gonna stop at a rest area and sleep in my car. Not gonna happen.

I received an email from hotels.com with a coupon and I found a hotel in Pensacola. The price was great so I booked it even though I wouldn't receive a travel agent commission from it. The closer it got to our travel date, we started talking about going further than Pensacola. We usually try to stop in Crestview, Florida which puts us on the other side of Pensacola. Not much further but even thirty/forty miles is that much closer to Disney. I canceled the first hotel, logged in using my agency credentials and bam, up came an even better price than the first one. Like a great price! Only $80! And I would receive commission on the booking. Cha-ching!

country inn.jpg

Usually, the day that we leave for Disney is a busy work day. It was actually pretty quiet at the office. My boss had court and was out of the office. I was able to get almost everything off of my desk so that nothing was left undone. I personally don't like stuff waiting on me when I get back from vacation. I had office errands to run and after that I would be just tidying up my desk. So, at 2:12 p.m., I was in the car and getting things done.

IMG_4069.JPG

At 5:00 p.m., I was out the door and calling John. He was on his way home too. I stopped to get burgers for us to eat while we were finishing things up at the house. I also got Hunter something to eat since I wouldn't be home to cook dinner.

While John hopped in the shower, I tossed some extra things in the suitcases. Some "what if we need this" things.

By the time:
1) John was done in the shower;
2) We put the snack bag in the car;
3) I triple checked that we had the maps, confirmations, etc.;
4) We loaded up the overnight bag; and,
5) We told Mama goodbye.

Hunter was getting off work. We called him and asked if he was on his way home. He was so we decided to wait the few minutes so we could tell him bye in person. Once he was home, we reminded him of all the things we needed him to do while we were away and then said our final goodbyes and passed out hugs.

It was after 6:30 when we finally left our driveway. Geeze, we never ever leave when we want to. My goal had been to be on the road by 6:00. Yeah that's what was on paper...in my notes....in my binder....with tabs. I knew better. In reality, I know that it would be closer to 6:30.
IMG_4071.PNG

The first twang of guilt hit me as we were driving up our driveway. We were going to Disney without our kids. :guilty: Oh heavens, we were going to Disney without our kids. :sad: We were going to Disney without our kids. :teeth: We would have a room all to ourselves. You can imagine what was running through John's mind. :rolleyes1

We are so used to driving during the Spring/Summer time when it doesn't get dark until pretty late. We were about to experience one of our "new" things. Driving to Disney in the dark. How the freakadeak can I take pictures for my trip report if we are driving in the dark? I couldn't. Dannnnng it!

We drove across the top of Louisiana and crossed over into Mississippi. In the semi-dark. John popped in a CD that he had Hunter make. Awww, he made a CD for me! How sweet was that?!?! We listened to the song (don't ask me what it was 'cause I don't remember) and I smiled and we held hands over the console and it was so sweet. The song ended and it started again. We looked at each other and busted out laughing. He had only told Hunter one song to burn to the CD and he took him at his word. The CD consisted of that one song. It's the thought that counts!

We made the turn to go down Mississippi and there was construction in several areas. But, because it was after hours, it didn't hinder the traffic flow at all. We passed into Alabama later that evening and were making fairly good time. As we went through the tunnel in Mobile, I honked the horn because, that's what you do.

I had to make a pit stop at the Florida Welcome Center in Pensacola. Even though the temps had started out at 73 that day, it was getting cool. It was after 12:30 a.m. so it wasn't surprising.
IMG_4072.JPG

When I made the hotel reservations in Crestview, I made sure that there was a notation that we would be a very late arrival. Even though the room was guaranteed with our card, I still want them to know and I want a room when we get there. Around 1:30 a.m., we rolled into Country Inn.

When I pack for these trips, I pack an overnight bag. One that has our pjs, toiletries and clothes for day 2. This way, we don't have to pull out all of our suitcases. We got our one suitcase out and I snapped quick pictures of the room before we fell into bed. The room was really spacious and super clean.
IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG
IMG_4077.JPG

If you are ever in the Crestview, Florida area and need a hotel room, I'd highly recommend the Country Inn.

**Up next: Make me a sammich please!

Last edited:
Couples trip!!! While having the whole family there is great sometimes its nice to slow down and enjoy things a bit more. I loved my first solo trip.

The Country Inn looks very nice.

Always good to catch up on your TRs (been reading the other one too) and goings on. Glad to hear things have settled out some and think the new sideline gig is such a perfect fit for you! Can't wait to hear about how the trip goes.

Couples trip!!! While having the whole family there is great sometimes its nice to slow down and enjoy things a bit more. I loved my first solo trip.

The Country Inn looks very nice.

I really think that I'd enjoy a solo trip too. I could take all the pictures that I wanted and boss myself around. LOL

Always good to catch up on your TRs (been reading the other one too) and goings on. Glad to hear things have settled out some and think the new sideline gig is such a perfect fit for you! Can't wait to hear about how the trip goes.

Welcome! I love my agent job! It feels so good knowing that I can help others plan their own vacations.

Nice update, glad you got on the road close to the time you planned. We are always later than we plan too.

You made great time. My Dad drives down from Philly when he goes and leaves at about 2 or 3 in the morning to avoid all of the Rush Hour traffic in Philly, Baltimore and DC. He usually makes it to Jacksonville, then the rest of the way the next day. The last 2 trips, we flew down and he had time to run to the store to grab essential groceries for the week and then met us at the front of the Resort.

Beautiful Hotel.

Y'all are so stinking adorable!! Love that John made you a CD!! And how you held hands over the console...:lovestruc

Nice update, glad you got on the road close to the time you planned. We are always later than we plan too.

You made great time. My Dad drives down from Philly when he goes and leaves at about 2 or 3 in the morning to avoid all of the Rush Hour traffic in Philly, Baltimore and DC. He usually makes it to Jacksonville, then the rest of the way the next day. The last 2 trips, we flew down and he had time to run to the store to grab essential groceries for the week and then met us at the front of the Resort.

Beautiful Hotel.

On one of our first trips, we left early in the morning and then stopped in Pensacola. Looking back at that trip, I wonder what in the world were we thinking? But, that was back when Hunter was just a baby and we didn't travel as far at a time.

Jacksonville is a good place to stop. Not so far from Disney that you can't drive the rest of the way the next day.

Y'all are so stinking adorable!! Love that John made you a CD!! And how you held hands over the console...:lovestruc

Awww, thank you! John is so sweet when he wants to be.

Joining in. I love reading trip reports but have never done one myself. In April I am taking my wife on a 40th anniversary trip to Disneyland for a 4 day weekend....

Make me a sammich please!

When planning this trip, we decided to do things a little differently. Experience new things. Today, we would be experiencing our second "new" thing. But, first, we had to get up and moving. After having been on the road for hours and hours and not arriving until after 1 in the morning, we slept in. And that was okay. In my notes....in my binder....with tabs....I had a notation that we wanted to be on the road by 9:15/9:30 at the latest. Did we make it? Nope. John was shutting his door and I was snapping this picture at 9:44 a.m. A little later than I wanted but not too terribly bad. Again, my itinerary for our travel days isn't set in stone but more of a general guide.
IMG_4078.JPG

The drive across the Florida panhandle was very uneventful. I'll take uneventful over some of our past experiences any day. (we've been stuck in traffic many times and once saw a fatal head on collision, etc.) John slept on and off while I drove and drove and drove. And didn't take a doggone picture which doesn't bode well for trip report writing.

Our route takes us across the panhandle (where the time changes around Tallahassee) and then down Florida via I-75. I hate I-75. It's always busy and it's four lanes and I just don't like it at all. I turned off I-10 and onto I-75 and was pleasantly surprised that traffic wasn't as bad as it usually was but it was still busy. John continued napping and I drove anywhere between 75 and 80 just to keep my butt from getting run over.

Around 2:00 p.m. or so, we stopped for our second "new" thing. We were having a picnic! Back when we were kids, we used to have picnics all the time while on vacation. Heck, even after John and I were married, we had picnics. We hardly ever stopped for fast food. But over the years, the picnics were phased out and we made pit stops at places like McDonald's or Burger King. (which is about the only time we visit those two establishments)

The Florida rest stop was busy. Seems like it was a tinkle stop for lots of folks. I had to park waaaaay down at the end of the rest area. There was a breeze blowing and it was a little chilly out. Before pulling out the picnic stuff, we walked to the bathrooms and then came back to find a picnic table. And just about that time, everyone started leaving. Of course they would all leave after I parked out in Timbuktu.

I did a quick facebook live video and then we made sammiches.
IMG_4080.JPG
The late night of driving was showing on my face.

IMG_4081.JPG

It was nice to get out of the car and have sandwiches and chips. We called Mama to check in with her and let her know where we were. She likes to keep check on her brood and always, always says "y'all are moving right on along".
IMG_4082.JPG

We cleaned up our lunch fixin's, packed it away in the car and were back on the road. I'm glad that we had decided to do the picnic. It was a nice break.

*Up Next: Cue the Music! This food court doesn't strike the right chord!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!