Cruising to lose! Only a 1yr 1/2 to go!

Alexis Green

Mouseketeer
This Journal is for me to record my new healthy lifestyle. My motivation is Dbf (Mike) and my 2013 14-night Panama Canal Cruise. (comments welcome!!!)

I have been meaning to post here for a while, I've been lurking mostly.

Dbf and I have decided to get healthy. Having lost both my parents in my teens I have no intention on doing that to my family. I went through a stage were I gained twenty pounds over a three year after my mom passed away in 2009. After going through a move and having an active job I lost those twenty pounds. I am now at 155 lbs.

I have decided to live a more productive and healthy lifestyle. It also bugs me that my 5'8 boyfriend has more muscle and is less weight then I am.
He started researching workout videos and came up with Tony Horton's P90 workout. It contains three types of workouts. A fat burner, cardio/abs, and circuit. It's supposed to work that over 90 days you work out each week with one day for rest. Every other day you do circuit or cardio/abs. Each of those have two levels 1-2 and 3-4.

We finally recieved the package from Amazon on January 5th. It came with the dvds, a tape measure, recipes book, tips/guide lines, a workout band, and the "bonus" fat burner dvd. We started that day and oh my god I felt like I was dying. All of the jumping and twisting, I hadn't done that much working out since high school. We set up a calendar with 90 days on it and have been checking the days since we started. It feels like a great motivator to check off each day.

By the third week I was getting sick of not seeing any results. I had a meltdown right before working out and thank goodness I have such a wonderful man. He sat me down and let me sob and talk is ear off. I moped the rest of the might and researched why I wasn't loosing. The next day I decided to try the Special K two week challenge. Since I love their cereal it wasn't much of a challenge. Two Special K products one for breakfast and one for lunch and then a regular dinner. Unfortunately no weight loss.

This did get me thinking about weight loss bars. I scourged through websites trying to find the best. I landed on a bar called "Pro Bar" it was supposed to be all organic foods. I found a local speciality store near by and bought a weeks worth. I tried seven different kinds, and honestly I thought they all tasted nasty. I am a BIG chocolate lover, but their's tasted like chalk. Back I went to find another.

The next I found was Met-Rx bars. I always saw them in Meijer (our grocery store) but their advertising made me think it was more for men. I grabbed different bars and used them for lunch during the week. All except for one they were amazing! The chocolate is chocolate tasting, it's hearty and actually filling!
For only two bucks per bar that makes me feel good and my budget too.

Now Mike and I are past the half way mark and almost done with week 7. I've lost about an inch and a half everywhere. I can feel a difference in my strength and my energy. I'm almost there!

Day 1 measure in:
Chest: 38 inches
R. Arm: 12 inches
L. Arm: 12 inches
Waist: 31 1/2 inches
Hips: 43 inches
R. Thigh: 25 1/2
L. Thigh: 25
Weight: 155

442 days to go!!:cool1:

Michael and I are now level 3-4 now. I got really bored of hearing the same videos over and over so I switched to using the fat burner dvd in place of cardio/abs. It's a fun workout and for now it feels fresh and new, thank god!
We are also trying to have more produce in the house, which honestly feels really good! Posting our calendar!
2il27s.jpg

Also I wanted to post a photo that I have on Facebook. The first photo was when I had gained those twenty pounds, the second was taken a month ago after starting P90. It's inspiration for myself, if I can do THAT I can do this.

23s9ft3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter