Cruises from NYC to Disney World - Fast Pass +

When do they give you the park tickets? Would I be able to log onto MDE while on the ship, link it and make my 3 regular FP+ choices before we arrive at Port Canaveral?

This is the question I have. However, from what I understand we'll have three anytime front of the queue passes and then just regular fast passes. No FP+ but I could be way off.

This is the question I have. However, from what I understand we'll have three anytime front of the queue passes and then just regular fast passes. No FP+ but I could be way off.

Not exactly "front of the queue" -- a better description is an "anytime any attraction FP" and it will work like FP+ just that it can be used without scheduling.

Someone upthread posted it can be linked to your MDE account. I think the challenge is that you cannot do that in advance as I believe you get the ticket the night prior. Therefore there may be limited FP+ available to book at that point -- hence the 3 "special" FPs. I believe you can schedule FP+ once you link the ticket, and then have the same option of 4th, etc. as all other park guests.

Enjoy your cruise!

Okay I am confused. We will be on the cruise from NY with one day at the parks. I know they give us three "anytime" fast passes, but they stated that these are not good at any of the new rides in Pandora in AK, and we REALLY want to see them. Since we are Annual Passholders, would we be able to book fast passes for those rides in addition to the three "anytime" passes ?? And if so how ?? I thought as a AP holder you could book fast passes anytime but I am unable to do so now. Help !!!

Okay I am confused. We will be on the cruise from NY with one day at the parks. I know they give us three "anytime" fast passes, but they stated that these are not good at any of the new rides in Pandora in AK, and we REALLY want to see them. Since we are Annual Passholders, would we be able to book fast passes for those rides in addition to the three "anytime" passes ?? And if so how ?? I thought as a AP holder you could book fast passes anytime but I am unable to do so now. Help !!!
You can book FP+ on your annual pass, but you can't use those FPs unless you use your Annual pass to enter the park. And they can't be booked until 30 days prior to the day. Pandora FPs are hard to come by at 60 days, even more so at 30 days.

As suggested, you can enter the park on your KTTW card (with 3 VIP FP attached), use them, and then re-enter the park ( or a different park the same day) USING YOUR AP, then use the FPs attached to that.

If you attempt to use FPs attached to a ticket not used to enter the park that day, your MDE account will be locked and you'll lose all your FPs.

Last edited:
Whew, got it. Sounds like too much of a hassle, I'll see Avatar next trip, thanks a lot for the clarification.

When do they give you the park tickets? Would I be able to log onto MDE while on the ship, link it and make my 3 regular FP+ choices before we arrive at Port Canaveral?

when did you find out how many FPs and were you able to add it to the app to make fp selections before your trip?

Based on last year when we took this cruise, you will be given a plastic ticket in your cabin the night before you arrive in port canaveral. It has your one day park hopper ticket on it and your 3 fast passes that you can use in any park(s) on any ride.

We are hopefully doing this itin next year, and we're going to try to RD MK and use our 3 FP+s later in the day at another park. Park opening this year for the same day is 9am so i think it may work out.

Based on last year when we took this cruise, you will be given a plastic ticket in your cabin the night before you arrive in port canaveral. It has your one day park hopper ticket on it and your 3 fast passes that you can use in any park(s) on any ride.
They now load the VIP FPs on the KTTW card. And they are for "whatever" attraction you want (with limits - no Avatar) The park admission is also loaded on the KTTW card now.

They now load the VIP FPs on the KTTW card. And they are for "whatever" attraction you want (with limits - no Avatar) The park admission is also loaded on the KTTW card now.
That stinks that they are restricting avatar. Last year we got on Frozen which was the hot ride at the time. It was awesome that there were no restrictions!

So you won't be able to load more FPs using MDE? Would you have to go to a kiosk? That would stink.

I'm getting conflicting info on the Pandora restriction thing. I agree that was initially stated in the material we received, but there are people posting on the cruise FB site that that has since changed and we can use that in Pandora. Anyone know anything about this?

I'm getting conflicting info on the Pandora restriction thing. I agree that was initially stated in the material we received, but there are people posting on the cruise FB site that that has since changed and we can use that in Pandora. Anyone know anything about this?
Don't know if the DCL VIP FPs are different, but it's been reported on the Theme Parks & Attractions Strategies board that the anytime (VIP) passes are not good on Pandora attractions or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

I've heard the same thing, but no official confirmation. Are you on the 10/14 sailing? If so, we've seen the same info on FB (getting so excited!!). If not, it appears that Shoreside Concierge has told folks that there will be no restriction and that FP can be used on the Pandora rides. I don't know how reliable this info is, but it may impact folks who hadn't planned to attempt AK and are booked on buses to other parks.

I've heard the same thing, but no official confirmation. Are you on the 10/14 sailing? If so, we've seen the same info on FB (getting so excited!!). If not, it appears that Shoreside Concierge has told folks that there will be no restriction and that FP can be used on the Pandora rides. I don't know how reliable this info is, but it may impact folks who hadn't planned to attempt AK and are booked on buses to other parks.

Yes, the Oct 14 sailing. I agree, most have probably already planned on another bus to a different park by now. Speaking of changing parks, how will that work on this excursion if say you want to go from Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom. I don't think Disney has to park to park buses do they?

Yes, the Oct 14 sailing. I agree, most have probably already planned on another bus to a different park by now. Speaking of changing parks, how will that work on this excursion if say you want to go from Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom. I don't think Disney has to park to park buses do they?
There is park to park transportation. I found this on the WDW site:
  • Magic Kingdom park and Epcot are connected via monorail.
  • Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are connected via boat.
  • Magic Kingdom park and Disney's Hollywood Studios are connected via bus.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is connected to the 3 other theme parks via bus.

There is park to park transportation. I found this on the WDW site:
  • Magic Kingdom park and Epcot are connected via monorail.
  • Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios are connected via boat.
  • Magic Kingdom park and Disney's Hollywood Studios are connected via bus.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is connected to the 3 other theme parks via bus.

Oh, good info to know. I guess I never paid attention before because anytime using the buses before I would have been looking for transportation to one of the resorts. Obviously I knew about the monorail connection, and the boat, just didn't know about the buses.

Don't know if the DCL VIP FPs are different, but it's been reported on the Theme Parks & Attractions Strategies board that the anytime (VIP) passes are not good on Pandora attractions or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.
It was good on 7 dwarfs mine train on our cruise last Oct. I can't imagine they would have added that restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter