Cruises from NYC to Disney World - Fast Pass +

Billybob7

Mouseketeer
We are on one of the October cruises from NYC that goes to WDW. Does anyone have any thoughts on how Fast Pass Plus will work? If we can't book FP + at the 60 day period, when will we be able to do so? Any chance that DCL gives us all 3 paper fast passes? I can't imagine that we won't have an opportunity to book fast passes in advance.

Thanks!

So the cruise is doing a port of call at port canaveral- then requiring you to take a tour or find your own transportation to WDW- not exactly a cruise to WDW. The port is over an hour away from the parks. You will not be able to book 60 days out as that is for guests staying at the WDW hotels only (Unless you were to book a cheap WDW hotel room to use for the day). With one day tickets everyone can book fast passes 30 days in advanced- so you will be able to book your FP then. You just link your tickets to your MDE.

If you are doing an excursion to WDW- i'm not sure if these exist but i'd imagine they would LOL then i'm not about any more details sorry!

You can't book fast pass plus 30 days in advance without a ticket. I'm sure we won't get our park hoppers until the day we head to WDW.

You can't book fast pass plus 30 days in advance without a ticket. I'm sure we won't get our park hoppers until the day we head to WDW.

Correct- one you link your tickets to MDE you can book Fastpasses. Could you look into purchasing them online ahead of time and having them delivered? Although, we are WDW locals and usually have little problems booking most fast passes the day of.

The last time the Magic sailed from NYC the one day park hopper to WDW - as well as DCL transportation there and back - were included in the cruise fare. Our KTTW cards worked as our park ticket. Is that not the case with the upcoming sail dates?

ETA: When we went, MDE/FP+ did not exist, so we took the earliest bus, got there for rope drop and got FP's the old-fashioned way. There were also special "excursions" such as an illuminations dessert party at epcot that we attended - then they took us out the back way and onto buses back to port canaveral. I would imagine they would have the same type of offerings this time around.

I know that all of my accounts are connected on MDE (DVC, CC, AP) - I wonder if the system will "know" you have that ticket and allow you to make FP+ at 60 days out.

Last edited:
You are correct. It is still the same. But, last time, there was no FP Plus to worry about.

I suggest writing to Disney Cruise line and asking this question. The problem with calling is the people who answer the phones don't always know the correct information. (I know they should)
As others have said this hasn't been done before so better to have this taken care of sooner rather than later. Disney may have not even thought of this. (I know they should have.)

I sent an inquiry to DCL about the fastpass proceedure and they said "it's being finalized at this time." Here's the full response:

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

Guests sailing on the 8-Night or 7-Night Bahamian Cruise sailing out of New York City in 2016 will receive a one day Walt Disney World

Park Hopper ticket and roundtrip transportation between Port Canaveral, Florida and Walt Disney World.

The Walt Disney World Theme Parks include the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Please note: The Walt Disney World Ticket price is included in the voyage fare and is unable to be refunded should Guests choose not to utilize

the ticket.

Currently we are in the process of finalizing the procedures in order for our Guests to have a seamless experience at Walt Disney World.

At this time we can share the following information:

•Guests will select their departure time from Port Canaveral to Walt Disney World under 'My Disney Cruise' > My Cruise Activities > Port

Adventures (times are to be determined)

•All Guests will be required to pass through Customs and Border Protection Inspection before leaving the terminal

•All Guests (regardless of citizenship) will need to present their proof of citizenship (passport, visa or birth certificate)

•All Guests disembarking the ship must also carry their Key to the World card

•Information about how Park Tickets will be distributed is being finalized at this time

•Complimentary Disney transportation available at the entrance of each park for Guests who decide to park hop to other theme parks

•Guests are responsible for purchasing, at their own expense, any meals, snacks and/or beverages while visiting the theme parks. Guests are able to book dining reservations for their day at Walt Disney World up to 180 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) or by going online at disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

•Information on transportation location and return times back to the ship are being finalized at this time

Please check back with us at a later date for more information.

Please let us know any updates! I am thinking about doing one of these cruises in the future, and am very curious as to any fastpass+ info.

We did this cruise in 2012 and hit up 3 of the parks on our WDW day. It was a great cruise.
All Disney Cruises are great (except the 3 nights :)) But give me islands any day and no Port Canaveral and Nassau NO WAY

Sounds like a long, tiring day......
I'm so excited for it, but yes it does sound like a long day. I decided to book a room only at Wilderness Lodge that day. The plan is to hit AK in the morning, leave around noon and relax by WL pool in the afternoon. Shower and hit up Artist Point for dinner, then to MK until it's time to go back to the ship. This plan really only works if I'll be able to make MK Fastpasses ahead of time, so I really hope that it's possible.

I'm so excited for it, but yes it does sound like a long day. I decided to book a room only at Wilderness Lodge that day. The plan is to hit AK in the morning, leave around noon and relax by WL pool in the afternoon. Shower and hit up Artist Point for dinner, then to MK until it's time to go back to the ship. This plan really only works if I'll be able to make MK Fastpasses ahead of time, so I really hope that it's possible.
Wow thats REALLY an expensive day......

I just looked up park hours for the day we will be there on our cruise (10/19) and MK closes at 8 with extra magic hours til 10, which I am assuming we will not be able to attend. Epcot closes at 9, DHS at 7, and AK at 5!

I'm guessing these hours will change, especially if they are supposed to have nighttime entertainment at AK and DHS?

Frankly, I am dreading this day, as it seems long and stressful. If it wasn't for DS, we would totally skip it I think, particularly since I'm not really a fan of the direction in which WDW is headed (less for more).

During our kids spring break my Dh surprised the kids (12 &5) with 2 nights (mon-wed) in WDW very last minute. I could only get off tues & wed. I surprised the kids by flying from PHL to MCO on an early flight on Tuesday. Got to POP by 10am, met up, gave my bag to bell services then took a bus to AK. Probably there from 11:30-3:30. Rode numerous rides including expedition Everest with its 90 min wait. Headed to CBR (had to split stay since it was so last minute ) checked in, had dinner and relaxed in the room until 7. Headed to MK until 11. Because of fastpass we were able to get on the popular rides plus many others. Next day we stayed at the resort until our flight home. The weird thing was it never felt rushed or too much. It was the best time I've had in the parks. Btw, I'm 40 and pooh sized. So not like I'm fit and spry lol.
I'm looking forward to the WDW day. I'm hoping it's just like that day in March. Because of this post I'm kicking around the idea of a POP reservation in case we need downtime.
Also, on the other social media site there's someone with an appointment in June to talk about our concerns with the park hours and fastpass. Fingers crossed it happens in our favor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!