Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

IF you have verandah tables...

Yes, sadly the verandah tables have been removed on the Dream as children were standing on them. Hoping this doesn't happen fleet wide but I'm prepared that it may. Disappointed as we used our table often.

Yes, sadly the verandah tables have been removed on the Dream as children were standing on them. Hoping this doesn't happen fleet wide but I'm prepared that it may. Disappointed as we used our table often.

Hence why I said IF. :)

This is not true. They were removed for refurbishment and will be added back, though admittedly, it's taking them forever to do. Chairs on the Verandah would be as bad as a table. See this post with details of Disney's response to inquiries about the tables:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ables-from-dream.3594808/page-5#post-57381134

Yes, it does say they were removed for refurbishment but Cast Members are also saying during dry dock which was in 2015. The tables were there until recently. If they were removed for refurbishment I believe Cast Members would have been given consistent information to provide to guests rather than a variety of answers.

Why would they remove them if they didn't have new ones on hand to replace them?

I would love to be wrong as we used our table often. I guess only time will truly tell.

Top 5 of over 100 pages would be tough. Anyway, rescuetink published a Google docs document based on the thread awhile back that has been updated (I don't know how much). It's fairly long in itself, but easier than navigating the whole thread. Here's the link (if it doesn't work, its on page 46 of the original document):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pg2mG-lswenU_d5chdnQ5VA9R34owEeevcTnQeDYrkA/edit?pli=1

Obviously there's 60+ pages of the thread after that, but quite honestly a good many of those devolved into getting pillowcases and plates signed. I'm not at all saying that isn't important, but it was way too much...

Hopefully everyone will keep adding to the document!! :disrocks:

We've cruised on the Magic and other cruise lines also (Norwegian, RCCL, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity), so I honestly can't tell you on which ship I started this. But as a father with 3 daughters plus my wife, I don't really get my fair share of bathroom time on a cruise. Showers get interrupted by one of them wanting in, and the cabin showers are often a little smallish. So for a variety of reasons, I go to the gym and take my showers there when I really want to relax, take my time, and enjoy a larger shower. I can shave and pretty much get ready for dinner there, and sometimes get in a workout first. This works especially well on dressier nights when they have all the curling irons, straightening irons, and other beauty contraptions plugged in everywhere. I know the double bathrooms on DCL help with this, but not all cabins have that. And I still love my big shower.

Last edited:
Question, what is the expected tipping for those that use the kids clubs on a 8-5-night cruise? I saw a You-Tube posting that stated $60 was expected for a four-night cruise.
Thanks

Question, what is the expected tipping for those that use the kids clubs on a 8-5-night cruise? I saw a You-Tube posting that stated $60 was expected for a four-night cruise.
Thanks
There is no expected tipping. That you-tube video has been talked about often here at the DIS. The couple in the video mistook the regular room gratuity for a kids' club charge. Each person in the room is charged $12/nt to cover tips for the stateroom host, server, assistant server, and head server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!