CRT lunch reviews needed

year2late

<font color=green>I bite off the head of <font col
We have PS here (more for atmosphere than anything) but so far lunch reviews have seemed lukewarm. Any great lunch experiences here?

I had lunch here in August, actually on the day the parks closed early due to Charlie...

Anyway, it was pretty good, although I would say there are better options around WDW. If you are going for the atmosphere, do it! I had a sandwich that I forget the name of, but it was sort of like a club served with a side salad. It was pretty good. Others had the pasta, which was the special, and they really enjoyed it. The barley soup is also good, as were the crab (i think) eggroll type appetizer.

Overall, it's not the tastiest place in WDW, but it isn't so bad that you have to hold your nose to eat. Go in with an open mind and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We had lunch there two years ago and had a good experience. We had a PS for opening time (11:30) and were seated quickly in spite of quite a crowd in the lobby. We got a window table(!) overlooking part of Fantasyland. DW and I both had some sort of chicken-pasta dish that was fine. Our boys had a hamburger and grilled cheese from the child's menu, which came with corn and mashed potatoes rather than fries. No complaints from anybody.

I thought the service was excellent. Part of the theming is that you are treated as "royalty", but not in a stuffy manner. This also turned out to be the least expensive sit-down lunch of that trip!

We were there in September. Loved the atmosphere! I can't say that I loved the food but, I knew that going in. I had the same sandwich as the previous poster and it was OK not great.

I must say that everyone on these boards rave about the major Domo's pie and that looked awesome. I really wish I would have ordered that. The salmon sandwich also looked good.

You just can't beat the castle though!! Cinderella, Aroura and thae Fairy Godmother were there when we went. They were all lingering around in the lobby. Very unexpected!! We saw a couple get engaged, so sweet! Then to finish off the experience, Cinderella was going down to the lobby when we were finished so she rode the elevator with DD3 and DD6 that in itself was worth it.

If you are not expecting top notch cuisine then you probabally will enjoy it. Not to say that the food is bad but cenrtainly not worth the prices they charge!!

Oh...I almost forgot...the pretzel rolls are yummy!!

Enjoy!

We had lunch there in August and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our boys had lots of time with Cinderella in the lobby before we were called. No guarantees she'll be there, but she always has been when we've gone.

The boys had chicken strips. We had Major Domo's pie and the pasta with chicken and shrimp. Both were quite tasty. I wanted the pasta, but asked for it to be made with an olive oil and parmesan sauce and the kitchen happily obliged. The rolls are very good and they have great diet cokes.

Best thing by far -- our waiter, David. We've had him twice now and he is terrific. Adorable with the boys and completely in character as to time and place. He really makes the experience. Be sure to ask for him

This is a must dine place for me on each trip. I've had both lunch & dinner and have enjoyed both very much. Found the food & the service to be excellent!!

We had lunch there in Jan. We were lucky enough to get a window table, and the atmosphere is great. I had Bruno's Barbeque - it was bbq chicken with walnut cake, it was really really good! I also had the capp. creme brulee which was served coffee-service - now I know what that means;) DH liked his meal too, although I can't remember what he had!!

HTH:D

We had lunch there in June because we planned a last minute trip and could not a PS for breakfast. The food was good (and expensive)but you can not beat the atmosphere. My DD loved eating in the castle and seeing the Fairy Godmother, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty made her day.

Order the Major Domo's pie or the Chicken Ceasar salad. I'd avoid the prime rib at lunchtime. It is much better at dinner than at lunch there for some reason. The atmosphere and the service are excellent.

Another vote for the Major Domo's pie. It was YUMMY! Let us know what you think about lunch at CRT when you return. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter