Crowds in June?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
I have been to DL many years ago (1978). We are planning a trip in mid June this summer. DL is only part of our trip. I have been to WDW many, many times and I know to expect pretty high crowds in mid June. What will the crowds be like in Disneyland?

Karen

I went 2 summers ago in late June. Show up early! You can get a lot done in the early morning and late evening. In the peak of the day, use FP and visit high capacity rides (PoTC, HM, BLAB). The crowds will not be as high as WDW crowds. Definitely go during the week, preferably the beginning (sometimes camps/churches will go on trips towards the end of the week). Expect medium-high crowds and be happy if they're smaller.

We have gone in June 2 years in a row now! June of 2005, we were there the 5-8 and it was great. Minimal crowds, not too bad, still a few walk ons. We were there this year on June 2006 a few days later from the 10-14. Let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference. It was BUSY. Sunday the 10th was bad, which I expected being a weekend, but it ended up being the slowest day of the whole trip which shocked me. Go the earliest in June that you can!!!

I've been wondering the same question. I was going the first week of June, but now i've got it pushed back until the last week of May! :cool1:

I have heard all over disboards that june can get quite busy, especially after school is out, and so its best to go early as possible in June. They say the first week is fine and rides are usually walkons.

I figure if I can manage to do a TON of stuff at WDW during July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I will be able to manage DL mid June!!!!

True, if you do not mind crowds and high wait times, you will be fine and have a great trip regardless!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter