Crocs...Comfortable?

I'm not much for a thong style sandal but I've been trying to find a replacement for my old Teva walking sandals.

I don't like the clog style of Crocs but was wondering if the toe piece was comfortable in the Athens style?

ElenitaB said:
Not to hijack the thread but do boys wear Crocs? My DS-10 loves borrowing mine when we're in the house. And he could use a pair of summer sandals...

What caught my attention (besides the many colors) was that I saw a large group of people of all ages and both sexes, and all were wearing Crocs (although a few had knock-offs). My DS wants a pair, and that is a truly remarkable thing. I usually can't get him to wear a new pair of shoes until his old shoes are in shreds.

The Croc web site says that the shoes are supposed to have a little spacing between your foot and the shoe. I can't imagine running in them, but I like the loose fit. But, oh my, now I have to check out Chaco sandals too!

TimNDansMom said:
I'm not much for a thong style sandal but I've been trying to find a replacement for my old Teva walking sandals.

I don't like the clog style of Crocs but was wondering if the toe piece was comfortable in the Athens style?

I wear my Athens everyday and I don't even notice the toe piece!

Just got the flip flops tonight! I wish I would have had them last week at DLR. I wore the ones with the holes and no sweating. I do have some that are full clogs, no holes, and they do make my feet sweat in the summer. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow.

I am convinced to go buy a pair. I went to Dillards and looked for the "nile" style and they did not have it. I have one other Dillards to go to and if they don't have it. There is a Croc store in Los Angeles down the street from my brothers house where I can get them.

I tried on the Crock flip flops, last week and they are also too wide for me. I was intending to buy the Chaco flip flops, but ended up with a pair of new Chaco sandals instead. I think I'll get the Chaco flip flops soon, too.

I have seen lots of guys wearing Chacos and Tevas, but not wearing Crocs, so far anyway. That may change, since they are so popular.

We were just in Disney and I brought sneakers and my Tevas but ended up wearing my Beach Crocs instead. My feet were never sore in any of my shoes but at the end of the day my legs were killing me unless I wore my Crocs. I also have a pair of Athens for this south Texas heat but find the Beach crocs far more comfortable for any serious walking.

Love them Crocs,

K in SA

ps all the swimmers down here, boys and girls, are big croc wearers. Most wear colorful Beach styles

Yesterday I saw (for the first time!) a person actually wearing the Crocs clogs! I'd previously seen only photos on the DIS board, and thought they'd look big and odd and clunky, but to my surprise they were not so noticeable at all. I noticed only because I've been reading about them. And she had a fairly bright color on, too! So if you were on the fence about getting them, I say GO FOR IT!

Ladies and gentlmen, may I present to your the OFFICIAL shoe of the DISboards:

Crocs, Athens, in lime green!

Last time I checked on their web-site, they were sold out and on back order.(I believe DISers bought them all a month or so back!) Our Dillards was carrying this color, but I only ever saw it there once. I'll be ordering a pair of "Niles" next....if I can only decide on the color!

Oh, and ladies, the OPI brand of nail polish "Flashbulb Fucshia" looks GREAT with these! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter