• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Critique my ADRs... I'm starting to doubt myself

averysmom

DIS Veteran
A little background...

Dh, myself, dd (5) and ds (7) are disjunkies - we go almost every year. We are booked on a bouceback from Aug. 19-29th.

This year my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and my brother and his girlfriend are coming with us from the 19th-24th. They want to visit each park and a waterpark AND DTD- and all the planning has been left to me - I don't mind at all, but I am starting to doubt my choices (performance anxiety?:rotfl:)

First day - we land at 11:00 - we'll head to the resort, freshen up and head to MK for a couple of hours. I have Ohanas at 7:15. I figure that with that timing we'll either just catch wishes or we can watch it from the beach (Ohanas is always behind - I figure we won't be seated right away)

Second day - Epcot - Teppan Edo - 6:10. I'm not worried about this one.

Third day - AK / waterpark. I have Maya Grill booked tonight late - 7:30. Because we're planning AKL and the WP today, I figured we'd just want to eat at the hotel (we're staying at CSR) The food is good there - we've eaten a few times - but nothing special, kwim?

Fourth day - MGM - dinner at Mama Melroses 4:20 on a Fantastic package. This one I am VERY nervous about - I booked it because of the Fantasmic option, but the reviews have been atrocious!!! It is worth it for the preferred seating for fantasmic?

Fifth day - MK - lunch at CP 12:10. This is booked basically b/c if they wanted to stay at AK on day 3, we could always leave MK early this day and head to the waterpark, and it wouldn't screw up any dining ressies. They also might need to sleep in this morning.

And that's it - their plane doesn't leave until 6:00 the next day - so I am leaving it open - we'll do DTD, swim, they can pack. I'm sure their ME will be at 3ish.

I feel bad that we aren't doing a "big meal" at the end, at that really, MM and Maya Grill are kind of nothing special.

Reassure me that my plans/ressies look good???

WDYT????

I think your ressies/plans look very good :goodvibes ... and I don't think you should worry about the Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package at all ... I actually think you will be quite happy that you booked it for the preferred seating too ...

We ate at Mama Melrose this past Dec. (Fantasmic Dinner Package) and we enjoyed our dinner and the service was good ... we were also very happy that we only had to show up for Fantasmic 30 mins prior to the show to get our seats, instead of having to be there an hour or more before the show to get seats ... however, if you are still unsure about Mama Melrose, maybe you'd prefer switching to Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic Dinner Package)? ... we have also done H&V's FDP in the past, and we were happy with the food and service there also ... :goodvibes

Mama Melrose was just ok for me for lunch at Christmas when I went. The reserved seating isn't all that special, I don't think. With such a large group - I think 50's prime time would be awesome. You could see if you could get in there and then head over to Fantasmic.

Just a thought...

I'd rate Mama Melrose much better than Hollywood and Vine - we didn't like H&V at all. We are eager to try 50s Prime Time next trip. But if you're paying out of pocket (not on dining plan), I think Brown Derby gets the best reviews and it's not as expensive as other signature restaurants, I'm not sure I'd use 2 dining plan credits for it... I was very impressed with other signatures and the reviews of Brown Derby don't compare.

I did MM as well For the package. It was like an Olive Garden. You won't leave WOWed, but you won't leave hungry either. The atmosphere is nice, and we had nearly the same time ressie, and didn't wait. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I second trying 50's Prime Time instead. The food there is good and it would probably be a lot of fun for a bigger group. We're going there in less than 2 weeks and just figured that after dinner we would head over to Fantasmic a little early and get a good seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter