Credit for Skipping Housekeeping

jimmykitefan

Mouseketeer
Is everyone at Pop being offered the $15.00 per night credit if you don't have housekeeping during your stay? We would go for it. There are only 2 of us and we don't spend much time in the room or make a big mess, so we would rather get the credit.

I believe it was only done on a trial basis, and the trial is over. Don't know what the final outcome was, maybe someone else knows.

I believe it was only done on a trial basis, and the trial is over. Don't know what the final outcome was, maybe someone else knows.

They just started offering it at Pop Century this week. The trial ended at whatever resort they were doing it at a few weeks ago. In the first trial it was a $20/night credit. Now it's $15.

Hmm interested to know if its happening anywhere else.
Staying at ASMovies Labor Day weekend and its just myself and my sister. We'd consider skipping...

I hope for those of you wanting this option you are able to get it. For me, I'm on Vacatiom! I want housekeeping! Nothing like returning to your room to a made bed, dry towels, refreshed toiletries and coffee service, and trash emptied.

I hope for those of you wanting this option you are able to get it. For me, I'm on Vacatiom! I want housekeeping! Nothing like returning to your room to a made bed, dry towels, refreshed toiletries and coffee service, and trash emptied.

For us we aren't in the room that much anyways.
Sure I like a made bed but I'm just gonna tear it apart anyways lol.
We don't drink coffee, not much of a need for trash removal because we aren't there long enough to accumulate much of it, I have no problem reusing a towel. I do at home. I just hang it to dry.
I would rather have some credit to put towards food and souvenirs.
But to each their own. :)

I believe the first thread on this topic was closed because it got nasty. There are many different ways of thinking about this. Personally, we always skip housekeeping anyway because I don't like having people in my room. I don't make my bed at home and do not care about that, I reuse my towels at home also, and we do not make much trash, being only adults. I am staying 4 nights at Pop in August and hope it is offered to me.

I re use my towels at home too, but at home I'm not showering 2 possibly 3 times a day. We always take an afternoon pool break, and if towels aren't changed from the morning they are still wet. And in August, possibility of an evening swim too!

I re use my towels at home too, but at home I'm not showering 2 possibly 3 times a day. We always take an afternoon pool break, and if towels aren't changed from the morning they are still wet. And in August, possibility of an evening swim too!

Hmm ok yeah I just take a shower in the morning and if I swim I use my beach towel and don't bother to take another shower.
I've gone in the summer months but I guess that doesn't make a difference in my towel usage lol.

I think the point is to realize, until we know if/when what ramifications for the trial program there are, at least at this time recognize that for some it will work for them and for others it won't :flower1:

I totally get that it works for some and maybe not for others but really what "ramifications" would there be? As we can see some people already don't get housekeeping daily as they din't care to and they haven't complained.

I totally get that it works for some and maybe not for others but really what "ramifications" would there be? As we can see some people already don't get housekeeping daily as they din't care to and they haven't complained.
I was appeasing what I anticipated based on the other threads would be backlash for saying "it works for some and not others".. ETA: In other words the other threads have taken care of going into detail all the things and I just don't wish to do that but I also didn't want to start where I get quoted a bunch from people telling me exactly what could happen as a result of the trial program.

I don't think there is a need for this thread to become a "but I'm on vacation--this is what vacation means to me" thread thus my comment of recognizing that it will work for some and not others.

Me too! We just returned from a beach vacation where we stayed at a condo and I really missed having housekeeping! Disney has me spoiled.

Amen and HALLELUJAH!!

The first thing I do each day at home is make my bed. I can't stand a room with an unmade bed - it makes me itchy. Having someone else do that for me is a HUGE selling point. Yes, it only takes 1 minute, but it's the "feel" of luxury.

And, we go in the summer...we use multiple towels a day (shower, swim, shower again). In the Florida humidity, they don't dry completely. I reuse towels for days at home. On vacation...I want a dry one each time I use it. I like that "feel" of luxury.

We eat breakfast in our room. So, there are wrappers, bottles, plastic knives, etc. I want someone else to take care of it.

I lead a pretty stressful, busy life currently...a week of someone else taking over a few of the minor details is worth whatever it costs, IMO.

On the trial, were you able to go and get towels somewhere if you wanted to, and did you have a place to empty your trash?

The main thing I think would be good about this, is that on some resort visits, it never failed that the housekeeping schedule was to be at our room or hall either at the same time or after we would come back for our afternoon break and then we were forced to be out of our room if we wanted the housekeeping at a time when we really wanted in the room, or deny the housekeeping and just grab what we needed, so therefore not using it.

Amen and HALLELUJAH!!

The first thing I do each day at home is make my bed. I can't stand a room with an unmade bed - it makes me itchy. Having someone else do that for me is a HUGE selling point. Yes, it only takes 1 minute, but it's the "feel" of luxury.

And, we go in the summer...we use multiple towels a day (shower, swim, shower again). In the Florida humidity, they don't dry completely. I reuse towels for days at home. On vacation...I want a dry one each time I use it. I like that "feel" of luxury.

We eat breakfast in our room. So, there are wrappers, bottles, plastic knives, etc. I want someone else to take care of it.

I lead a pretty stressful, busy life currently...a week of someone else taking over a few of the minor details is worth whatever it costs, IMO.
Exactly! I see it won't be long till you're at AKL! Have a Zebra Dome for me. Enjoy your vacay!

Exactly! I see it won't be long till you're at AKL! Have a Zebra Dome for me. Enjoy your vacay!

Counting down the hours now! I will SURELY have one for you (or three). I just told DH last night "Just 6 days till I have a Zebra Dome in my mouth!".

Much needed vacation...cannot get here soon enough!

I really don't like maids in my room because I hate having to hide my valuables. Even if the maid doesn't take anything, which I know the majority wouldn't, you have to worry about your door being propped open and someone walking by sneaking in to take something. I don't generally avail myself to maid service for this reason. If the maid comes by while I am there, I will normally do a towel switch out and get any toiletries that we need. I can make my own bed. When we are in a villa I can also easily wash the towels myself.

While some people appreciate the service, it just stresses me out. I also had a maid wearing wet gloves hand me my fresh towels during an AKL stay.....then I imagined all of the stuff she would have touched with her wet gloves if we hadn't been there, and of course why they were wet to begin with.

This idea of compensating you for not having housekeeping is new to me. I was looking into going to Jackson Lake Lodge in Wyoming and they offer a similar program but bill it as an environmental savings plan.

Amen and HALLELUJAH!!

I wish I could "like" this a thousand times. Locking up my valuables every morning is a small price to pay for these "luxuries" that are typically MY responsibility at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter