Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

We're a value, park commando type family. I think I'd be OK doing this for one or two days, but I'd want housekeeping maybe every third or possibly fourth day. I'd have to know more details.

I can see streamlining to be more like DVC where you do not receive service daily, but every few days. Our family typically declines the daily housekeeping service instead uses it every other day or two. For me if there's a gift card involved I'd take it for reduced service during my stay. We're not pigs, we just don't need the service daily.

I would be up for this. We usually forego housekeeping on other trips that are usually just two or three days.

We are staying at ASSP next month for four and as long as there's access to fresh towels, toiletries and trash removal (even with self-pickup or drop-off), the gift card would come in quite handy.

I mean our house now can become quite messy and we don't get gift cards for that. We can deal with a few days
of the same if we're getting something in return.

At SPG they will often offer points or a credit (which I don't care about, because I'm expensing it) for all kinds of revised (like not changing the sheets) or no housekeeping.

Marriott does the same thing - depending on where you stay and your status level. I get 1,000 points per day I forego housekeeping. It's just as simple as putting the doortag out that says "I'm earning points - no service required" and that's it. Some stays, I do it for the whole trip - others, I'll have one day where I have them come in a tidy up (if I'm somewhere for more than 3-4 nights).

Hmmm, my undecided on is. I don't change my bedsheets daily at home but it's nice to have done when on vacation

Are they experiencing an employee shortage?
They are always advertising for them but now they have ... and fulltime = benefits.

Do I really want to check into a room after the Clampetts stayed for a week with no Mousekeeping?

I really hope they would be cleaning between guests each time.

I really hope they would be cleaning between guests each time.

Yes they will clean but if you had a dirty family for a week who passed on daily housekeeping, it would really need a deep clean and not sure that will happen.

I have stayed during among BTG who leave their windows open so I have a great visual of how dirty some rooms get ...

I would love a gift card in lieu of housekeeping as long as I had access to fresh towels and extra shampoo, soap, and toilet paper when I needed them. I would have no problem going to a semi-convenient location to pick them up myself. We don't tend to really make a mess in hotels, no matter how long we stay. It's such a small area that it's really not a big deal to keep it cleaned up for us, even with two kids. We don't typically eat in our room, so the only trash we ever really accumulate is the soap wrapper, empty shampoo bottles, and toilet paper rolls. On the rare occasion we do eat in the room, I immediately throw that trash away outside the room as I don't want it stinking up the room or attracting bugs.

We like to sleep in a lot at hotels and have to put the Do Not Disturb sign up so we aren't being bothered at 8 am. Even when we are out of the room and sign down by 10, we find that most of the time the room isn't cleaned when we return that night. It's like they see the Do Not Disturb sign and take that to mean we don't want housekeeping at all and don't bother to check back. So I would love to be given a little something extra for not getting housekeeping, especially since we don't really need it and rarely ever get it when we do want it.

I would strongly question if it would actually prove profitable for Disney in some circumstances if it now takes them three times as long to clean a room at the end of a stay due to it being a complete mess.

Yes they will clean but if you had a dirty family for a week who passed on daily housekeeping, it would really need a deep clean and not sure that will happen...I have stayed during among BTG who leave their windows open so I have a great visual of how dirty some rooms get ...

I don't like the idea of getting a room that prior to my stay had been solely the guests' responsibility for cleaning for a week. Some people are total messy, dirty slobs. And the ones like that are probably also likely to not want to pay for housekeeping...

Yes, I know some people who don't want to pay are neat, but certainly not all of them. I can imagine mold, mildew & insects accomulating in rooms with wet things chronically left around, unattended food, etc.

Last edited:
I'm such a spoiled lazy person - I want my bed made! Don't need my sheets changed during my stay, but that to me is part of vacation: having someone else make my bed. (And no, I don't like leaving it unmade.) I don't need a lot, but I want my bed made, trash dumped, and toiletries/towels/tp/Kleenex restocked as needed.

And yes I'm a theme park commando who stays mod /value.

I'm such a spoiled lazy person - I want my bed made! Don't need my sheets changed during my stay, but that to me is part of vacation: having someone else make my bed. (And no, I don't like leaving it unmade.) I don't need a lot, but I want my bed made, trash dumped, and toiletries/towels/tp/Kleenex restocked as needed.

And yes I'm a theme park commando who stays mod /value.

I'm sure most people would agree with you that they like having housekeeping make the bed, but I'm on the other side on that one. I feel smothered if I try to lay down and any part of the sheet or blanket is tucked in so I always un-tuck everything before I lay down. Sometimes they really tuck those sheets tight under the bed though and I fall on my butt trying to yank them loose. :rotfl2:

Yes they will clean but if you had a dirty family for a week who passed on daily housekeeping, it would really need a deep clean and not sure that will happen.

I have stayed during among BTG who leave their windows open so I have a great visual of how dirty some rooms get ...

I really want to ask for a highlight reel here. I'm sure it'd make my wine bottle in the trash, ironing board not put away and unmade bed look better in my head:)

The past few years we have been renting points for DVC rooms. At first I thought not having daily mousekeeping would be horrible but it actually was not that bad.

This is about eliminating employees to save healthcare costs...to boil it down simply.

I'm not commenting on whether that's good or bad...but that has been a primarily focus for 20 years.

Interesting to see how it goes...but my opinion is their payoff amount is of course way too low...but I'd expect nothing more...or less...in this case.

The past few years we have been renting points for DVC rooms. At first I thought not having daily mousekeeping would be horrible but it actually was not that bad.

It's manageable...but the lack of housekeeping is the primary downside to DVC.

Vacations get messy...and to not have anyone set foot in the room for 5 days is a bit much.

Membership is magical.

Honestly...without housekeeping...the one hitter room with no service for 7 days is gonna be TRASHED...
I've seen how that looks on a daily basis.

Refurb costs would become more frequent and more expensive. Taking housekeeping out of the base price is a bad decision in my opinion...

...is it time to repeat my frequent rant about how the hotel prices are way too high and we are fools for allowing them to double them in 15 years?

...nah...I guess I'll just ignore it today...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!