Couple Only Trip Suggestions

alhurricane

DisDads #733
My wife and I have booked our first ever adult only trip for our anniversary in mid November. Very excited for this new experience! I just thought I would post and see what suggestions and recommendations you all have for such a trip. Thanks!

We're also going without the "kids" (20 and 26) in January for our 30th Anniversary.

My DH and I are going this Thursday for a long weekend to celebrate our 10year anniversary. We're staying at Four Seasons and are only going to the park 1 day (AK). We really want to take advantage of having some quiet and relaxing time together. No commando style!!

Arrival day we will go to DS. Last time we were there a lot of construction was still going on and many of the new stores and restaurants hadn't opened. We'll probably go to a restaurant bar for dinner since we don't want to make reservations anywhere (not sure where we'd like to eat with so many new choices).

We will have dinner at O'Hana and Capa so we'll be able to watch MK fireworks 2 nights while at dinner. Depending on crowd levels we will go to Trader Sam's for drinks after dinner at O'Hana.

We may also do a couples massage at FS or a carriage ride at POFQ one day. We're really just going to play things by ear. If we can't get a reservation for either of those it's no big deal for us.

FYI, there's also pontoon boats you can rent to watch the fireworks outside MK. You can also order a celebration cake to have after dinner at a DW restaurant (not sure if this is available all TS restaurants or not).

I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time and Happy Anniversary!

We will also be there in early November for our first "just the two of us" trip - no kids, no parents, no siblings and their families...

The one thing we're definitely planning to do is golf. Though we've been to Disney many times, we've never taken advantage of the beautiful courses on property.

I would plan a romantic evening at Boardwalk: dinner at Flying Fish, drinks at AbracadaBar, enjoying the Boardwalk activities, or walk over the Yatch/Beach Club and find a spot on the 'beach' to enjoy the evening... and there is also Jellyrolls if that is your thing.

Also, you might catch the end of Food and Wine at Epcot (it runs through Nov 13) - we think it makes for a fun day of wandering, sharing food and drink, and exploring the pavilions.

Last edited:
My DH & I are also going without kids this September. We've booked the keys to the kingdom tour. Also we plan on doing......WHATEVER WE WANT! :laughing::jumping1: Seriously though, we're going to just relax & take everything slowly, enjoy the moments.

Great suggestions, everybody. Thanks!

I definitely hear ya on the relax and take everything slowly. Funny thing is that since I have planned 4 trips with kids and we did a TON of stuff, I am having a hard time switching gears.

I definitely want to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Fortunately, we will catch the very last day of Food and Wine at Epcot, so we are excited!

Boardwalk is a good suggestion and someplace we have never visited in our trips with the kiddos. I will look into that. :)

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

No kids here, so have always done Disney adults only. I suggest getting the DxDP and booking some Signature restaurants. Very romantic.
If you're adventurous - parasail. It's amazing because Disney World is so beautiful. The Cirque Du Soleil Show - La Nouba is really incredible as well.
If you have an absolute favorite park, try one of the backstage tours. My favorite was Keys to the Kingdom at MK. A close second is the Backstage Safari tour at AK. The World Showcase tour was a bit boring, IMO. Oh, and the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness is very romantic also.

I definitely recommend Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Polynesian. It's a fun place to snag a drink. I agree that Boardwalk is also lovely and relaxing. Take plenty of time to enjoy World Showcase as well.

If you're up for something a bit adventurous, my favorite tour is the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour. It isn't cheap, but it's incredible. You get to snorkel in the aquarium!

We've really started to like spending an evening doing a restaurant crawl through Disney Springs! Glass of wine and some sushi at Morimoto, margarita and an app at Frontera, beer flight and some BBQ at Polite Pig, cocktail and dessert at Homecomin', cocktail and tapas at Paradiso, beer and some pub food at Raglan Road. It makes for a fun evening, different stops and you can take in all the entertainment that the Springs has to offer.

And the rooftop at Paddlefish is AMAZING. They have a great wine list and a delicious late-night menu with a really awesome view of Disney Springs.

A dusk carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside is very romantic. And make sure to let them know and wear pins. Do a character meal and let them know. We got special perks right and left and many great interactions with characters for our 30th!!

We are going in September . . . we have thoughts of going to Atlantic Hall Dance Club on my BF's birthday -- no cover charge and restricted to 21+. (If we have time/energy at the end of a week of Parks). Look forward to dancing to some good old tunes.

Thanks for posting this! We are also doing our first adults only trip in September. I love all the suggestions!
I don't want to hijack the thread but I made reservations at Monsieur Paul and Citricos. We haven't been to either one but I need to choose one. Which one should I cancel?

We are going for our honeymoon next year. We plan on doing all sort of activities that we wouldn't do on the average trip.
  • Trader Sam's at Poly
  • Lunch with an Imagineer at HS
  • Massages at Mandara Spa at the Dolphin
  • Keys to the Kingdom tour
Free romantic moments can happen anywhere but my favorite locale that just sets you up for romance is the YC/BC at SAB. Great for hand holding and photo ops.

We have never been without kids. But we had the best time ever one night when the kids stayed back. We went to MK and rode all the rides without having to shepherd anyone else along. Heaven. We also got to linger in Epcot and visit every nook and cranny.

My DH & I are also going without kids this September. We've booked the keys to the kingdom tour. Also we plan on doing......WHATEVER WE WANT! :laughing::jumping1: Seriously though, we're going to just relax & take everything slowly, enjoy the moments.

My wife and I really enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. There was a fear that it would ruin some of the "magic" but it really added to our appreciation of everything. Enjoy!

Dh did a trip alone in January 2017 over the marathon weekend. I was doing the Dopey challenge--which meant I was getting up early to run 4 mornings. He ran one of the races (10k) with me. So maybe our experience was a bit different than other "couple" trips.

We stayed in one of the gardens suites at the BWI, which was wonderful. We had a "date night" one night at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom lodge. We also had a night at JellyRolls on the Boardwalk, it's a 21+ piano bar, so it was perfect to do during a trip without our kids!

My BF and I did a monorail bar crawl on our last trip. We spent the morning and early afternoon at MK, then moved on to the Contemporary, Poly, then GF. Then we grabbed a bus back to our resort from MK.

I second a stop at Trader Sam's! It's adults only after 8PM too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter