Cost for Makahiki dinner buffet

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
The title says it all! We are two adults considering doing this for the characters and experience as an ending to our trip. Cost and opinions, please!

It's pricey..probably $40 to $45 a person. We like the food but others may complain. You will see lots of characters around aulani so there are many other free ways to see characters. We like AMA AMA for dinner much better. Wait for a table next to walk so you have a perfect view of the lagoon at sunset. Also a music group plays on the sidewalk behind AMA AMA on nice nights. It's perfect! Also consider the fish house at the four seasons next door. Between 3 and 5 is happy hour with half priced drinks and starters. Great view.

Also consider the fish house at the four seasons next door. Between 3 and 5 is happy hour with half priced drinks and starters. Great view.

Thanks for your insights! This sounds like a great spot for a different night.

From the Aulani website:

Join Aulani Resort's beloved "Uncle" and some favorite Disney Characters on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings for a musical song and story revue.

Our fresh, locally sourced buffet is loaded with delicious favorites the whole family will love. And everyone will want to join in the fun as Uncle and Disney pals celebrate the Menehune—magical little people of Hawaiian legend. Be part of the magic as these delightful tales are brought to life through enchanting music, sing-alongs and interactive adventures.

The Menehune Mischief dinner and show last from 5:15 PM to 6:00 PM, with seating starting at 4:30 PM and photo opportunities beginning at 4:45 PM.

The regular Makahiki buffet dinner is available in this location beginning at 6:30 PM, 7 nights a week.

Please note: this dining event will not be offered on New Year's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Price for Character Show Dining
Adults $49.00, Keiki (Ages 3 to 9) $24.00

Schedule Change beginning June 18, 2017
Beginning the week of June 18, 2017, Makahiki will be presenting 2 Menehune Mischief shows every Sunday, Monday and Thursday night.

Prices will remain the same:
Adults: $49
Children (Ages 3-9): $24

Show times and seatings are:
Show #1 – 5:15 PM
1st Seating – 4:30 PM, 4:45 PM, 5:00 PM - No seating from 5:15 PM to 6:15 PM

Show #2 – 7:15 PM
2nd Seating – 6:30 PM, 6:45 PM, 7:00 PM – No seating after 7:15 PM

We have the second seating on Thursday June 29. We will be a party of 4 adults, a 16 YO girl, two 13 YO girls, and a 13 YO boy who will surely eat his money's worth. :rotfl:

With our group, the set price of the buffet was a better option. I booked a day and time that worked for us, not paying any attention to whether there were characters or not. Coo, that we'll have them, but I think we would be fine either way.

I just did this dinner Thursday night. It is only $2 more to do the Menehune Mischief dinner vs the regular buffet, so go for it! I really enjoyed it. I do not eat any seafood and just like the basics, while my friend is more of a foodie. This buffet has such a variety we were both able to find plenty to eat. The prime rib was delicious, and I was happy to be able to have some mashed potatoes and corn on the cob (purloined from the kids buffet) as sides. I liked all the desserts I tried, particularly the crock with the pineapple cake.

From the Aulani website:

Schedule Change beginning June 18, 2017
Beginning the week of June 18, 2017, Makahiki will be presenting 2 Menehune Mischief shows every Sunday, Monday and Thursday night.

Prices will remain the same:
Adults: $49
Children (Ages 3-9): $24

Show times and seatings are:
Show #1 – 5:15 PM
1st Seating – 4:30 PM, 4:45 PM, 5:00 PM - No seating from 5:15 PM to 6:15 PM

Show #2 – 7:15 PM
2nd Seating – 6:30 PM, 6:45 PM, 7:00 PM – No seating after 7:15 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting this, you saved my... We are going to Aulani in 3 weeks, I booked dinner reservations back in March.

I was under the impression that every meal at Makahiki was a character meal. Apparently breakfast is but dinner is not, only on specific nights as mentioned in your post. I just called and moved our reservation from 8/25 (not character dining) to 8/24 a Menehune Mischief night.

Whew! That would have been disappointing. Surprised nothing was mentioned when I booked in March.

Thanks again

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter