Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside for race weekend

tschaan

Mouseketeer
I stayed at POR for Wine and Dine 2016. I would like to hear opinions about race transportation and convenience at Coronado Springs compared to Port Orleans for Marathon Weekend. Thanks!

As far as transportation - Coronado Springs is on the opposite side of Epcot, and it's also coming from a less-populated area as far as hotels go ... so transportation TO the race may be a couple minutes quicker, depending on when you leave for the races and when you finish.

I know most charities get their room blocks at Coronado Springs for race weekends, so it's definitely a runner-heavy hotel.

I will never stay at CSR during another race weekend, because Team in Training participants party in the pool until way too late at night.

I have stayed at both and definitely prefer POR because I like the resort area better and it is closer to beignets. I didn't use the transportation when I stayed at CSR for the 2011 Wine and Dine but I did for the 2013 Marathon at POR and I had no complaints about the transportation. For the last couple weekends I have found it is more convenient to just drive my car to the start and have some shelter from the elements (for example the brutally cold winds during the 5k and 10k in 2015) while we watch everyone get off the buses and monorail and head over to the staging area.

I can't speak for CRS but have done POR and had no issues at all, I quite enjoyed staying there for a race weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!