*Coronado Island!*

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
Who here has stayed on Coronado Island, and specifically at the Glorietta Bay Inn? :goodvibes I just booked us a 1 bdrm suite there, and am looking forward to it so much! Just wanted to see if any fellow Disboarders have stayed there, or anywhere else on Coronado. It's a block from the Hotel Del/main Coronado beach. It looks and sounds fabulous! here it is: http://www.gloriettabayinn.com/

Yes! Me, DH, DD16 and DS13 stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn last July. It was our first trip to San Diego and we loved it! Coronado Beach is beautiful and the Glorietta Bay Inn is very nice, clean, and friendly. They have a complimentary continental breakfast which is very good. I am picky about where I stay and I really loved it! Across the street is the Hotel Del which is absolutely gorgeous but very, very pricey. I think you will you will be very happy with the Glorietta Bay Inn! I will try to post some pics. Have a wonderful vacation!

magicalfoursome, thank you for your reply! I forgot that I even posted my question, it's been a while. I appreciate your first hand knowledge and experience there! Can't wait, so looking forward to our trip next month! I would love to see pictures, thanks!! ;) By the way, how did you get around? Did you have a car? We don't plan on renting one, thinking we will take the ferry, or maybe even bus to downtown? I know that the trolley goes there too, we took it to Coronado a couple of years ago! If you can share any favorite restaurants or anything else that are a "not to be missed" I'd appreciate it!

We did have a rental car. There are many restaurants and cute shops in the area around the GB Inn that you can easily walk to. We ate at Sheerwater at the Hotel Del and it was good but nothing to rave about. Now the icecream shop at the Del-- Mootime-- has fantastic icecream! The chocolate is especially yummy! :lovestruc We also ate at a Mexican restaurant that was quite good but I can't remember the name :confused3 sorry! We drove to Seaport Village which is a cute area with shops by the San Diego Harbor.

IMG_2756.jpg

Coronado

IMG_2777.jpg

pool and hot tub at GB Inn

IMG_2701.jpg

breakfast on patio of GB Inn

IMG_2759.jpg

Coronado Beach

IMG_2689.jpg

Coronado

IMG_2778.jpg

Mexican restaurant

magicalfoursome, I apologize for not responding earlier, it's been crazy around here! I start a new job on Monday too! Thank you so much for posting those pictures, we are all looking forward to it so much! We may end up renting a car for part of the time after all, how was it getting around/driving across the bridge/parking? You went during a warmer time of year, when we went there (Coronado) on the trolley tour in 2009, we went in August, this time I'm assuming it will be a lot cooler...it looks fantastic and relaxing, which we will all need before our hectic Disney trip! Thanks again, I love seeing other people's pictures, much better than the professional website ones! ;) Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter