Copper Creek Room Request

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
So, we are booked in a CCV studio in September and December. We are new owners there (did a small add on to our current Poly membership). I have to call member services this week anyways to change a person on a reservation and combine my December reservations (added on a night), and I thought about adding a room request. We don't have a lot of experience with Wilderness Lodge and I was wondering if someone who does or has done a lot of reasearch has any ideas for room requests. We will have 2 adults both trips and usually enjoy a room convenient to food court/elevator. We also like a nice view (lake, woods, etc...). Is there a floor that's better, etc. No one may know much yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask the experts. Thanks!

It hasn't open yet so I don't think much info is available. Ask again after July 26th, opening day.

Room locations are the same as before DVC. One side looks at the WL courtyard/main pool, the other side looks at the BRV and the new pool.

:earsboy: Bill

Room locations are the same as before DVC. One side looks at the WL courtyard/main pool, the other side looks at the BRV and the new pool.

:earsboy: Bill
Thanks! We have been to Wilderness lodge numerous times but haven't actually stayed there. We bought these points to stay there around Christmas every couple of years. I think I will request a courtyard view. Thanks!

We requested a lake view high floor for our CCV reservation. The lake will be at an angle and you will still have a pool view either feature or leisure pool. I thought about asking for a 4th or 5th floor room as I don't like the dormer balconies on the 6th floor. The balconies have a solid wall versus railing and a lower angled ceiling. Also the rooms have been reported as being somewhat dark in the daytime.

We requested a lake view high floor for our CCV reservation. The lake will be at an angle and you will still have a pool view either feature or leisure pool. I thought about asking for a 4th or 5th floor room as I don't like the dormer balconies on the 6th floor. The balconies have a solid wall versus railing and a lower angled ceiling. Also the rooms have been reported as being somewhat dark in the daytime.
Thanks so much! I was thinking of asking for high floor lake view. Good to know that this makes sense.

I will be going to CCV in October and also wondering about a room request. Some of you are saying request lake view. Which side would that be? The one overlooking Copper Creek Springs, or the one overlooking Boulder Ridge Cove? I am wanting a quiet location. I like the appeal of not looking out toward another building, which is what you will get if facing the CCV pool, but I'm worried that Geyser Point Bar and Grill on the other side will be noisy. By the way, which way are the even/odd numbered rooms facing?

I will be going to CCV in October and also wondering about a room request. Some of you are saying request lake view. Which side would that be? The one overlooking Copper Creek Springs, or the one overlooking Boulder Ridge Cove? I am wanting a quiet location. I like the appeal of not looking out toward another building, which is what you will get if facing the CCV pool, but I'm worried that Geyser Point Bar and Grill on the other side will be noisy. By the way, which way are the even/odd numbered rooms facing?

You might have to wait and seek out some input from earlier CCV visitors regarding noise from GP and the new pool area.

I will be going to CCV in October and also wondering about a room request. Some of you are saying request lake view. Which side would that be? By the way, which way are the even/odd numbered rooms facing?

I've been trying to figure this out for my trip in Jan. Here's what I've learned...

The odd numbered rooms are facing the WL pool and the other wing of the WL. Those have lake views once you get about half way down the bldg. So even numbers are facing the woods and the "old" dvc bldg.

For any of you who have stayed there this week, can you answer some questions?

1. What were your views? Did you like them? What room #?
2. For any of you who had rooms near Geyser Point Bar and Grill, was it noisy? Either in the room or on the balcony.

Can anyone help with CC room views?

As these were converted from WL hotel rooms there's a bit of information around about the views. Most rooms will have at least a glimpse of Bay Lake to the side if you are not on the ground floor. Then there's facing towards the main Copper Creek pool or else facing towards the other Villas pool. Is there anything in particular you were looking to request?

We will be in a one bedroom and would prefer to look at the courtyard vs the new pool. Should we just request courtyard view? Thanks!

We will be in a one bedroom and would prefer to look at the courtyard vs the new pool. Should we just request courtyard view? Thanks!

I used to request "main courtyard view" when we wanted that and would still do that as the request.

Any news on the Geyser Point Bar and Grill noise level? I might want to request the side with the BRV pool, but I'm worried that it might be noisy.

Just got back from CC Sunday. Overall, it was awesome - here's what you need to know about the noise. We had room 5129, 2 bedroom, facing the feature (old) pool. The room had lots of light, and the balcony was nice. The problem was the noise. The boats start coming in around 7am and honking their horn each time they dock. Unfortunately, the geyser also starts up in the morning - one morning I heard it at 7am, the rest of the days it was at 8am. From what I can tell, there is only single paned windows in those sliders, and they don't block the noise very well. I don't think there would be much noise on the leisure (Boulder Ridge) pool side - at least that is what I kept thinking to myself every time I walked by that side. Geyser Point bar and grill is sort of on the end of the building.
Good luck!

Just got back from CC Sunday. Overall, it was awesome - here's what you need to know about the noise. We had room 5129, 2 bedroom, facing the feature (old) pool. The room had lots of light, and the balcony was nice. The problem was the noise. The boats start coming in around 7am and honking their horn each time they dock. Unfortunately, the geyser also starts up in the morning - one morning I heard it at 7am, the rest of the days it was at 8am. From what I can tell, there is only single paned windows in those sliders, and they don't block the noise very well. I don't think there would be much noise on the leisure (Boulder Ridge) pool side - at least that is what I kept thinking to myself every time I walked by that side. Geyser Point bar and grill is sort of on the end of the building.
Good luck!
Thank you for the information. I immediately called and had my 4th or 5th floor lake view request changed to 4th or 5th floor even-numbered room, which I think are the ones facing the BRV pool according to CoolDisneyCat. Hopefully, I won't have noise from Geyser Point, but at least I know I won't have noise from boat horns and the geyser. Hopefully I get this request. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!