Continued problems with the engines on the Fantasy

We were on Deck 5 aft (5664) and they moved us to mid-ship deck 6 or 7 (I can't remember?). Our cabin on Deck 5 had an extra large verandah and the cabin they moved us to was an extra large room with a small verandah. They let us keep both cabins. We slept in one and used the verandah in the other. We noticed a huge difference. I won't book an AFT cabin on the Fantasy again and I love the AFT cabins on the Wonder. The CMs said the vibrations were worse than normal.

My parents were just in that room last week (May 12-19) and did feel the vibrations but it didn't bother them at all. And both of them are extremely prone to motion sickness.

My parents were just in that room last week (May 12-19) and did feel the vibrations but it didn't bother them at all. And both of them are extremely prone to motion sickness.
That's good to know. :-)

Was just on the Fantasy (May 12-19) with a group spread out across 4 Aft Staterooms on 2 separate decks. All of us felt the vibrations, all of us were okay with it and it didn't impact our trip at all.

I've only been on the Fantasy once, but to me the severity of the vibration feel completely random. One night in particular it was very bad in Europa, it felt like you could hear the vibration (Yes, I know that sounds crazy. But it was kind of like when you crack a window in your car). A few hours later it had subsided back to normal. The ship wasn't in rough seas, we weren't cruising at top speed, but for some reason it was really shaking. That was the only time the entire cruise it was bad. Although the first night was particularly annoying because our ice bin was vibrating on its tray, which was slightly bent, was an easy fix and never happened again.

Perhaps the randomness of the vibration is what makes it so difficult to eliminate. If it was vibrating at a certain frequency under specific conditions it would be very easy to solve.

A whole family of 3 in our party got sick and only 2 reported. They seemed to have traced it to people who ate at the Royal court on the 2nd night at first seating . That’s where we were at and we noticed a significant amount of people missing the next night at dinner.

That the restaurant was involved was dismissed as others who got sick not in the RC came forward (May 5 sailing).

So if I understand many from that rotation were missing the next night and some whom did not eat at a specific dining rotation were also sick. Is there any chance that the (patient zero) worker from previous mentioned MDR could have worked somewhere other than that MDR prior or immediately following dinner? Perhaps someone handling dining room set up, that had to work a different area later in the evening as counter service or earlier as pool drink service?

I was amazed to find that one young lady, Ranni, we met worked as a vibe host, Theater Usher, made coffee at Cove Café, crowd control at the pirate party, Bingo,.... there was more but I can’t remember them. Super nice gal!

We are on the Fantasy on the 11 night cruise coming up on June 30th. This will be my 17th cruise just on the Fantasy. I prefer aft cabins but have stayed in pretty much all cabin locations on the Fantasy and from Deck 2 on up. I find the clanking hangars occur no matter where your cabin is located ...It all depends on how rough the seas are. As far as vibration, the worst vibration I experienced was on the Magic at the front of the ship ...I believe on Deck 2. So I really would not take this thread too seriously. Just my two cents.

I loved the sinks. Yes, longer, but people used them. And, they're great in Cabanas, where they serve crab legs, which are messy to break up. Nice to be able to just wash my hands and continue on.

We are on the Fantasy on the 11 night cruise coming up on June 30th. This will be my 17th cruise just on the Fantasy. I prefer aft cabins but have stayed in pretty much all cabin locations on the Fantasy and from Deck 2 on up. I find the clanking hangars occur no matter where your cabin is located ...It all depends on how rough the seas are. As far as vibration, the worst vibration I experienced was on the Magic at the front of the ship ...I believe on Deck 2. So I really would not take this thread too seriously. Just my two cents.

Not picking on you in particular...but I really dislike posts such as this. Just because something did not happen to YOU does not mean it didn't/doesn't happen to others. Same thing goes with the people who didn't get sick nor did they see anyone who was sick - doesn't mean a whole bunch of people DIDN'T get sick.

Not picking on you in particular...but I really dislike posts such as this. Just because something did not happen to YOU does not mean it didn't/doesn't happen to others. Same thing goes with the people who didn't get sick nor did they see anyone who was sick - doesn't mean a whole bunch of people DIDN'T get sick.

Didn't say the vibrations did not happen. I have experienced vibration. I only wanted to say that in my opinion sea condition is a cause of the clanking hangers and that I have experienced it on different floors and in different cabin locations. I think to make it seem like all the aft cabins are going to be vibrating extremely is very inaccurate and scares people who have aft cabins unnecessarily. And I never said people were not sick. Chill out.

Didn't say the vibrations did not happen. I have experienced vibration. I only wanted to say that in my opinion sea condition is a cause of the clanking hangers and that I have experienced it on different floors and in different cabin locations. I think to make it seem like all the aft cabins are going to be vibrating extremely is very inaccurate and scares people who have aft cabins unnecessarily. And I never said people were not sick. Chill out.

Don't think I said YOU said anything about people being sick. But a few people in the thread did.

Don't believe anyone said ALL aft cabins vibrated extremely either but some of us certainly experienced that and we were sharing our own experiences. Luck of the draw with particular rooms, I guess. I do think that your comment "So I really would not take this thread too seriously." came across as a bit disbelieving? Maybe, maybe not. Can't always tell with online comments as we all know.

The problem is they take too long, so people just walk by. The wipes were much more effective because almost everyone used them.

They watch you and if you don't wash, you are given a wipe. If you choose not to take it, you are aggressively given a wipe whether you like it or not. I don't think they'll tackle you... but... maybe...

They watch you and if you don't wash, you are given a wipe. If you choose not to take it, you are aggressively given a wipe whether you like it or not. I don't think they'll tackle you... but... maybe...
... and this is necessary! (LOL on the tackle!)

I'm hoping they ARE doing this again now... because on our last Fantasy cruise (Jan 2018) they DID NOT do this. At any point in time, about 50% of people walked in having NEITHER washed their hands NOR taken/used a wipe. The crew did not give out any wipes unless you approached/asked them. This was a cruise where we got sick, and we witnessed other people getting sick... As I said, I also saw a couple of crew members sick in Cabanas, and there were some hygiene issues with food prep (hair in food on multiple occasions) and babies in full diapers put into the pool in front of the crewmembers.

Again, we loved our first Fantasy cruise (2016)...and we LOVED the Star Wars theme on this second one. But the hygiene was noticeably lacking this time, leading to many issues.
We wrote to DCL about it in the comment survey...didn't hear back, but I hope they made the necessary changes.

On a prior Fantasy cruise we witnessed no issues (wipes were forced on that one, and pool rules were enforced).

This is starting to get silly. Handwashing is handwashing. Water, soap, rinse. There's no real way there could be something wrong with it as long as there's water and soap.

I should have been more specific; of course, there is nothing wrong with stations themselves! It's just that, on our cruise, it has lead to about half of all passengers entering Cabanas without washing OR wiping hands.

We were on Deck 5 aft (5664) and they moved us to mid-ship deck 6 or 7 (I can't remember?). Our cabin on Deck 5 had an extra large verandah and the cabin they moved us to was an extra large room with a small verandah. They let us keep both cabins. We slept in one and used the verandah in the other. We noticed a huge difference. I won't book an AFT cabin on the Fantasy again and I love the AFT cabins on the Wonder. The CMs said the vibrations were worse than normal.
Thanks for posting this! It reminded me that it actually did bother my husband on the last cruise (stateroom aft, deck 8), though it didn't bother me! Thanks to your post I just moved us to forward for the next cruise!
On a previous Fantasy cruise we were aft/near midship (deck 6) and we agree it was less noticeable.

... and this is necessary! (LOL on the tackle!)

I'm hoping they ARE doing this again now... because on our last Fantasy cruise (Jan 2018) they DID NOT do this. At any point in time, about 50% of people walked in having NEITHER washed their hands NOR taken/used a wipe. The crew did not give out any wipes unless you approached/asked them. This was a cruise where we got sick, and we witnessed other people getting sick... As I said, I also saw a couple of crew members sick in Cabanas, and there were some hygiene issues with food prep (hair in food on multiple occasions) and babies in full diapers put into the pool in front of the crewmembers.

Again, we loved our first Fantasy cruise (2016)...and we LOVED the Star Wars theme on this second one. But the hygiene was noticeably lacking this time, leading to many issues.
We wrote to DCL about it in the comment survey...didn't hear back, but I hope they made the necessary changes.

On a prior Fantasy cruise we witnessed no issues (wipes were forced on that one, and pool rules were enforced).

I was just on the Fantasy and I noticed that they didn’t quite “tackle” people .
I think maybe they felt that they didn’t have to be aggressive with the hand wipes since there were secondary washing stations . I was on the cruise where a bunch of people got sick and was quite surprised that they were not more persistent with getting people to use a wipe when they didn’t use the hand washing station.

I noticed on the smaller boats that they practically forced you to use the wipes since there were no washing stations available .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!