Connections Meal Vouchers?

DW mouser

DIS Veteran
What are they exactly and where do you get them? Are they really worth it? I think everyone would like to know if they would help on their food bill!!

The connections food vouchers are pre-paid meal tickets to a restaurant of your choosing. There is a list for you to choose from. You can check it out at: www.mousesavers.com. I haven't used them, but they do sound like a good deal. I would consider it for next time! I've read on the boards that quite a few people do use them and save a lot of $$ doing it. :) You gotta love that.

Annemarie

We had them for our trip last week and will definitely use them again.

You can get them by getting a membership to Connections. Their web site is www.connections123.com. The Quick and Casual Lunch or Dinner vouchers cost $10.50 each.

The vouchers are good for most counter service and food court locations throughout WDW. At most places they will save you a few dollars. At some they will save you much more. We used 2 vouchers at Roaring Forks in the WL. Dinner for 2 (cheesesteaks, fries, soup, soda, desset) would have cost $30 cash - with the vouchers it cost us $21 - not a bad deal. I would imagine that at most counter service places you would save about $10.

The best deals are at Pepper Market in CSR and Beaches and Cream at the BC. At both these places the meals we ate would have cost $50 - $60 cash - with the vouchers $21 - a great deal.

Pepper Market is not your typical food court. One night we both had prime rib, veggies, potatoes, drinks and creme brulee - we probably could have gotten another side but it was too much food. This place is worth a visit to use the vouchers even if you are not staying at CSR.

Beaches and Cream is a really cool place and will be a regular spot for us. We ate there 3 times last week with the vouchers. I always had an ice cream soda, ceasar salad, double cheeseburger, fruit, and chocolate cake with ice cream. Wife had a soda, salad, burger, fries and a sundae. It was more than we could eat and fed our 3yo as well! The burgers and ice cream are great and the atmosphere is 50's diner cool :). If you ordered the Kitchen Sink the meal would cost over $80 - incredible for a $21 investment. I'll let you find out what the Kitchen Sink is when you go.

Membership to Connections cost $69.95 (if you tell them you heard of connections thru your AT&T or Citibank credit card) or $79.95 (regular rate). Many people join, get the vouchers, and cancel within 30 days to avoid the membership fee. Since we will use the vouchers again we will keep the service. They offer other discounts on ToysRUs, Barnes and Noble, many restaurants, and other stuff. It all amounts to a 20%discount on prepaid gift cards for the establishments. They work like cash - so it really is another 20% off the best price you find at each store. You just have to purchase the gift cards in advance. We did a lot of Christmas shopping at ToysRUs with the vouchers and saved a bunch.

I'd recommend them. Enjoy.

To me they are worth it. You save on meals if you order expensive items and even if you go for the buffets you still save on food tax and gratuity because it's all covered. I also like the fact that our meals are paid for before we leave. And that to me is just one less thing to budget for. I'm going to keep my membership because of the saving at other theme parks, restaurants and movies. Some people just use it for the Disney savings and in that case becoming a full member may not be worth it, but trying it out only cost a 1.00 and saves you some money. And the cash back isn't a bad deal either.

Thanks to all who answered! I am going to check it out. It sounds like something that would definitely save us a few bucks!!

Has anyone received the vouchers in December? Do they still have the 5/2002 exp date on them? Thanks.

Daisimae :D

I ordered on Monday 12/3 and received them on Wednesday and yes they expire 5/2002.

I wish they would get new vouchers in.

I'd like to start ordering them for my 9/2002 trip.

We liked the vouchers ... found that we made a killing at some places and at least break even at others.

wdwo

wdwobsessed,

When I was on the connections web site, there was a limit of 10 quick and casual vouchers that I could order. Do you know if this limit is per order or a limit of ten per year? I think in a year's time, I might want to order more.

Thanks!

There did not used to be a limit.

I know for a while they got really popular and they could not keep them in stock.
Also, a lot of people signed up .. got the vouchers and then cancelled.

Maybe these are new restrictions because of those two issues?

If you call customer service ...I'm sure they will tell you.

wdwo

Fortunately, all we need is 10. I don't care if we just break even on the meals. I like them mainly, because we can prepay for our food so no matter what happens, I know we won't starve! LOL.. AS IF!!

Daisimae :bounce:

wdwo,

Thanks for the quick answer, I'll try calling customer service Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter