Connections caution

realpatt

Mouseketeer
I am a connections member, paid the $79.00 in full. I joined in November and placed some pre Christmas gift cert. orders then. I placed my next order yesterday and received a call to day thanking me for my order and the woman told me that they were sending along an additional $20.00 gift certificate and 2 movie tickets and a free 30 day membership. I told her over 5 times I was already a member and did not want another membership that I would have to remeber to cancel within 30 days. SHe kept suggesting that I get a 2nd membership. I finally got it across that I didn't want the freebee's if it required anther membership, but would take them if it was a genuine thank you for my order. I'm going to watch my mail (a second membership kit) and my credit card closely.

See my earlier replies to other Connection posts!

Basically I have found their computer system to be confused:

1) I enrolled but after two weeks even they were surprised to hear that I had not received my mailing and had no information yet. (I live in a suburb of a major city.)
2) Their 800 # told me I had "cancelled" my membership and I hadn't. In fact, the day prior I had tried to purchase almost $1000 worth of parkhopper passes but ran into charge problems on their end they said. When the agent tried to figure out why the system thought I had cancelled she could not find a single reason.
3) After much frustration trying to purchase the passes and several phone calls at my expense I finally did cancel my membership. To my surprise the agent stated that I hadn't even been billed yet. And that was two weeks after enrollment. Interesting! We shall see if that's true! And I'm glad I will have American Express on my side!

It seems to me that the membership does not start until you receive your membership package. I had joined this a couple of years ago over the phone and they had said the trial membership was 30 days from receiving materials not from your initial phone call etc. After all you can't take full advantage of it without knowing exactly what is available.

How long does it take to get the membership package? I signed up and ordered vouchers at the same time. I had the vouchers within two days, but no 'membership' package.

The same happened to me, I ordered php's, universal passes and food vouchers the very same day I joined connections, I received my entire order within 3 days and about 2 weeks later received membership maerials....I did cancel within the 30 days and had no hassles whatsoever...I am probably going to join again this year before our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter