Confused, is this a sign of cash flow problem?

manning

Just for that I have requested it
We are staying at concierge level on our next visit. Got the usual 90 day concierge call, wanting to know what we need. I mentioned that when I made the reservation, there was confusion about payment. I think I got the Travel Club group (happens when CRO is busy). They wanted full payment, which is correct for that section. Had to point out all that is needed is one day deposit. I haven't gotten the written confirmation and asked if they could help me there. CM said no problem, will take care of it and that the one day deposit is right.

HERE IS THE SURPRISE!!

The cm said the word is that policy is going to be changing and that ALL reservations will reguire full payment deposits. This doesn't sound good to me. It kind of looks like Disney may be having a cash flow problem and needs money up front. Has anyone else heard about this? I sure don't like the idea of having to put hundreds to several thousand dollars down months in advance. I want my money to work for me, NOT Disney!! I know of people who make reservations, put down their one day deposit, then use the time prior to arrival to save for the final payment.

From what I've heard, WDW has been mentioning that guests are booking closer to their arrival than they have in the past. If this rumor proves true, wouldn't it tend to make that situation worse. In other words, if guests had to pony up the entire stay when they booked, wouldn't some of them choose to book a little bit later?

I haven't done a whole lot of travelling. But, in almost all cases, the full payment for your stay is due either at check-in or even check-out.

Would a policy such as this give some guests a slight incentive to book off-site where the policy is more in favor of the guest?

To save time, I'll head off some posts at the pass. I KNOW this is just a rumor!

Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean that if a CM said it that it's not a rumor?

I wasn't discounting your post. Not at all. Rather, just posting that I knew it was currently a rumor before someone responded to my post like this," I don't understand why you are making a big deal out of something that clearly hasn't been announced. I don't get you guys, you complain about everything." I think I have received that response a record number of times in the last week or so.

Just passing on something (I guess it may be a rumor) that a CM volunteered, and trying to understand what is happening!!!

This would a good question on the Resorts Board. they are very much in the know there. :)

Originally posted by manning
Just passing on something (I guess it may be a rumor) that a CM volunteered, and trying to understand what is happening!!!

And CMs tell people that EE is being reviewed. ;)

Aren't some deposits due 30 prior? It seems from something that was posted that most ressies are being made on short notice and by policy it may be full payment required.

The pre-payment depends, as far as I know, if guests book through CRO or WDTC. The latter wants their $ up front so many days in advance. (I forget how many -- 45 I think?)
But, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if CRO followed suit.
By calling Disney's number, you can get eith CRO or WDTC. It's the luck of the draw. If you don't want one or the other, you need to ask who they are when they answer. You can be transferred to the other.

There is a thread on the resorts board about this - should be fairly recent. It has some other information about where someone else was told the same thing and that it was being reviewed - I think it started with on-line reservations.

We just booked a night at DxL for 9/31 for a spur of the moment trip and had to pay the whole thing up front, but I think that was because we were so close to the arrival date. I could see this for a package trip situation (as that is common in most cases for package vacations), but it doesn't make much sense for room only. I know when I have booked trips to other places in the past I had to pay all up front or at least 50%, but that was for a whole deal type trip.

There may be some more info on the resorts boards, but there definitely is an active rumor going around about it.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter