confused about photo bucket... help!

Elandon

Mouseketeer
I just started using photo bucket for a trip report but I keep seeing other people having their photos replaced with this image saying something about upgrading to get third party hosting. I've also noticed that the free version of their site is super annoying as it is really full of ads. Other threads have said I could just drag and drop pictures but that doesn't seem to be working. I use a mac and would be happy to upload pictures to a different host site if needed but I definitely need to know what is going to work going forward. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

I just started using photo bucket for a trip report but I keep seeing other people having their photos replaced with this image saying something about upgrading to get third party hosting. I've also noticed that the free version of their site is super annoying as it is really full of ads. Other threads have said I could just drag and drop pictures but that doesn't seem to be working. I use a mac and would be happy to upload pictures to a different host site if needed but I definitely need to know what is going to work going forward. Please help!

Thanks in advance.
In order to drag & drop photos directly from your computer into a post, they must be smaller tan 1MB. Perhaps that's the problem?

You can also copy & paste directly from your computer into you posts here, but, again, the image size must be smaller than 1MB.

When I do that they show up as attachments, not in the actual storyline. It's not cool :(
When I drag & drop what shows up is this:
aaa.png

Click on the "Full Image" button and you get a full picture.

Not sure how to add attachments to a post. Are you dragging from a photobucket account? Or from a file on your computer?

Last edited:

When I link to a photobucket account, the picture shows up in the middle of the thread. I like that better. But I don't want photobucket to flake out on me.

I think photobucket changed their terms sometime last month and now to enable third party hosting is $399/year. Yeah...I don't think so. I'm pretty sad that all my pictures don't show up in the thread anymore, but oh well, not gonna pay that.

I think Flickr still works, but who knows for how long.

So all my photobucket pictures are doomed? They work now.

Yes, I think so. :( The update to the terms was on 6/20. I got an e-mail on 6/29 that features had been disabled on my account. Somehow they're going through identifying accounts and disabling links.

I moved all my photos to flickr and re-linked everything in my new trip report. I read a bit online as well and it seems like extortion to expect someone to pay $400/year. Thats a very high price compared with other services. I understand no longer offering it for free but that's a LOT!

I moved all my photos to flickr and re-linked everything in my new trip report. I read a bit online as well and it seems like extortion to expect someone to pay $400/year. Thats a very high price compared with other services. I understand no longer offering it for free but that's a LOT!
I'm currently uploading all my photos to flickr, as my entire trip report if filled with photobucket error messages now :sad2:. On photobucket, there was just a copy code to paste into the trip report and the photo would show up. On flickr, i'm clicking the share link, and pasting the code/link into my trip report, but its just putting a link to click on, rather than the whole photo. Can you tell me what you did? Thank you!

A thread was started for a heads-up on photobucket issue. I'm not sure if it will completely help out but I know people were talking about other ways they used to get photos for trip reports and whatnot.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/photobucket-just-blew-up-billions-of-photos-online.3615250/

My problem is finding a site where I can EASILY crop photos for the game Where In The World. We post crops of our photos...

10fa4e33-5ae4-438b-b955-3e24f1d321cd_zpsj1s5j8mu.jpg

...and players try to guess where the crop is. Photobucket is SO easy and, being "technically challenged", I'm having lots of problems trying to figure out how to do this. Working on SmugMug now but now having much luck. At least there's a 14 day trial period before I have to "buy a package". Any suggestions from anyone on which site I should try? :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter