Complaint about thread being moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHM

Turn into the spin, Barbie!!!!
Hi Guys-

I don't know whose decision it was to move my thread, 'Rant about people getting upset and cancelling trips', which has now been moved to http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115187

But I would have to argue that my comments were *specifically* directed to DVC members on the DIS board, and that those comments had a very particular context. Now, instead of discussing those issues with DVC members, I am discussing them with people who have no grasp of the context, and while you will argue that a 'moved' post doesn't get *deleted* from it's original board, it *DOES* get locked at a certain time and so by definition it drifts down and off the front page of the board.

If it moved up to the top of the DVC board every time a DVC board member posted to it, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it being moved. But since it is simply headed down and off the radar of DVC board members, I must express my dissatisfaction with the decision to move it.

JonHM
I just responded to your thread that got moved.

I agree with you completely, but I don't think it is just a DVC issue. It goes to all aspects of our life as we knew it and as we hope it will be again.

If we stop using our DVC, or traveling, or going about our other business and are too fearful to enjoy our freedoms, we will lose them completely! These terrorists are HOPING we will react in fear so we lose what they envy and want us to lose.

DON"T LET THEM WIN!!!

KEEP USING YOUR DVC, YOUR FREQUENT FLYER MILES, YOUR VACATION TIME, ETC.ETC.

Excersise your freedoms so you don't lose them.

Jon,

I was the one who moved your thread. Although you are right that the situation does effect DVC. It is effect the travel industry/US economy as a whole and is not a "DVC issue."

I agree with the issues that you present. We all (DVC and non-DVC need to do our part to keep the economy alive. I too am continuing on with my vacations and am actually trying to plan an additional stay.

If you will note, I did leave the link on this page so that other from the DVC Board would find it.

UPDATE: I have re-read the thread and see where you were trying to point it in a direction related to DVC investments. I do not have the power to move it back. I have sent a request to the a webmaster to place your original post (without all the non-DVC responses) back here.

The original post has been restored to the DVC board.

In the future, if you have any concerns/complaints about why a thread was moved, please PM or email a board moderator or webmaster for a private discussion about the matter.

In this case, the original thread has no reference to DVC and therefore does not really belong on this board- per site guidelines. The "Traveling During the Crisis" board or CB would be the proper location for this rant thread. It has been copied back here- it also exists on the CB- since TNRobin made the decision to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter