• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Companion Bathrooms...

Snow Brite

<font color=green>Star bright, Snow Brite...no wai
I got so many nice tips, I thought I would bring one back with me...

I was single mom travelling with two opposite sex kids. This caused some problems when we all had to go to the bathroom as my DS is 5 1/2 and REFUSES to go in the womens bathroom. With me hydrating these poor hot kids constantly we literally did the bathroom tour of the WS, stopping in every country for SOMEONE to pee...

After hurrying many times to make it outside before he did, I noticed in the MK that they had family bathrooms. It was really just one big bathroom, but we could all go in there together (we aren't shy!) or he could go in while I waited right outside.

We found one at Splash Mountain and I saw others but did not write them down.:rolleyes: I am also not sure if these are only at MK or if the other parks have them too.

Maybe others could list where they saw them as helpful to any others who could use this info.

Jennifer

Snow Brite, what great news! I'm also a single mom, and DS is getting to that phase right now. I'll stay on the lookout for those - maybe we can compile a master list for others. :)

Lori

These family or companion restrooms are located in all of the parks. I believe there is one in the first aid station at all of the parks. In addition, just off the top of my head, here are some of the others:

EPCOT:
Across from Test Track
Across from The Land
In Morocco
By the outpost by Canada

MGM:
By Rock n Roller Coaster
By Tower of Terror
Across from the Backlot Express by Star Tours
In Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom:
In Dinoland
Across from the bakery by the Safaris

Magic Kingdom:
By Splash Mountain
In Mickey's Toon Town

Hope that helps out anyone who needs the info.:D

This is fantastic! (Pardon the enthusiasm - using public restrooms has been a bit of an ordeal lately - this really makes me feel better).

Lori

They even have them at Downtown disney too. I have used them many times with my kids. They are great.
mrsmom
;)

Another one is located by Space Mountain. Just a friendly reminder...please just use them if you really need to assist your kids or someone else. I know the other bathrooms get backed up, but there are people out there who can only use these companion bathrooms.

Another SM and we use these as well.

Just a friendly reminder...please just use them if you really need to assist your kids or someone else. I know the other bathrooms get backed up, but there are people out there who can only use these companion bathrooms.
Thank you for making the friendly reminder.
WDW does call them Companion Bathrooms, not family bathrooms. I think they are named that way on purpose to point out that they are for people who need a companion in the bathroom with them. Especially at MK and Epcot, they are the only bathrooms that are big enough to bring a wheelchair into. The handicapped stalls at those parks have handrails, but they are much too small to actually get a wheelchair into the stall. If a person with a disability needs someone to help them or needs their wheelchair in the stall with them, the regular handicapped stalls are pretty much useless.
MGM and AK are newer, so they are less of a problem.

I am not saying that these bathrooms are only for people with disabilities, but please keep in mind when you use them that they are the only bathrooms that some people can use in the whole park (and there are not that many of them).

I truly thought I remember something else being on the door than "companion". And there was never any line, but this was in May. We would of course never keep someone who truly needed that space from it so we could use it ourselves and would hope others in that situation would be as thoughtful.

Thanks for pointing this out. But these bathrooms really were a life saver for me as well when I needed to keep track of my son.

Jennifer

Sue so true about the handicapped restrooms in MK and EPCOT. When I was there in JUne and could not walk on my leg at all I found several where I could not bring the wheelchair and close the door. It was all great if you could use the bars to walk and steady you but I had just gotten out of the hospital and couldn't. What a hassle. Companion bathrooms are great. DH could come in and make sure I transferred safely to the toilet.

these are the only bathrooms that my DW and I can use. we have even had people jump in front of us( waiting in a wheelchair) to use these when they didn't need to. Have also seen groups of teens or older groups come out. we have never had a problem waiting for famileys to use them since I would not want my kids using the other bathrooms by themselves. let's just all be consederate of each other out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter