"Commando" FAMILY WDW VACATION (OCT 1-OCT10) - DAY 7 Updated w/ picture

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Day 7 Friday, October 7
Since we were out late at the Halloween party the night before we slept in late. Well late for us 8am! I wanted the kids (& Dh & I) but everyone just popped up at 8. We got breakfast in the room…Pancakes, sausage, bacon & those yummy cinnamon rolls! This was the most relaxing breakfast we had. I laid out ponchos on the floor (yes I am a germ a phobe that doesn’t let her kids sit on the floor) & the kids ate while they watched ..what else? The Disney channel. Even my 9 year old dd would watch Jojo & Goliath (but only here at Disney & I couldn’t tell anyone!). We head off to Animal Kingdom late morning. The main entrance was packed & the park crowded but very manageable. We rode Kali River rapids (a first time for all of us) & we were all like “was that it?” when we got off..my little one got totally soaked but the ride seemed boring…didn’t get it..oh well! We hung our little one’s socks on the stroller to dry which of course never happened because it was too rainy & humid. We saw Devine which was cool & freaky at the same time…my little was scared but the older 2 thought she was cool…I wish I had gotten a picture but it was raining so much off & on that it became a nuisance to keep taking the camera out & putting it back so I didn’t take as many pictures this trip as I usually have done. Next time I pay for a professional photographer to follow us around the parks! Ha-ha! We had an early lunch at Tusker house..again too much food on the dining plan. My kids love dinoland so that was next..did the triceratops skin & primeval whirls which was fun. It began to pour down hard so we ducked into Dinosaur. Katie & my DH went on while I stayed with the 2 younger one..that ride would scare the Mickey ears right off my ds. Later in the day we rode Kilimanjaro Safari. We have done this ride every trip but this was by far the best time we ever had on it because the animals were very close to the vehicle. A Rhino was right beside the jeep. Giraffes were close too & the lions were active. This ride & the Lion king show are the only 2 reasons that bring me to AK park & they were both worth it. We got crappy seats for Lion King as they now have a new way of seating you as you enter..basically if you come in later you get a better seat. They corral you to sitting at the top to fill in the seats which I didn’t like but hey I was at Disney….we were all happy to see the show. I get emotional when they start the Lion King song in the beginning of the show..”It …is…time!” Oh I love that! After that we got a great spot for the parade which seemed even better than last time. Chip & Pluto gave my kids high 5’s which was cool & my older one was convinced that Minnie winked at her! Then when the parade was over my little dd wanted to get her face painted so I asked where she saw it & she directed me to the location! I was all fine with it until I see that it was anywhere from $15 - $20 for what she wanted..“Um…no“..(all 3 kids would want their face painted too). Luckily the parade was coming back up the way we were so we got to see it twice! This distraction removed any thoughts of the face painting so we were off the hook on that one. Dinner that night was at Bomas. I made adr for this based solely on recommendations from the DIS board & it turned out to be a wonderful dinner. The place was packed & we waited a little for our adr. We had a great table in the middle of the restaurant. My Dh tried the African wine sampler (3 glasses of red for $9..very reasonable I thought). The buffet was great but the desserts were out of this world. My dd loved the zebra domes but I ate 3 of the chocolate mouse pyramids…yummy! After dinner we went to the viewing area to see the animals…I was really impressed with this resort. I never had an interest in it but I really liked the atmosphere. The kids were getting a little loopy so we sat in the lobby for while & let them watch TV. while we sat & just looked around. Then my oldest decides she wants to go to DTD…after 30 minutes debate we ended up there on a very crowded Friday night..did a little shopping & then took the boat back to POR. It think it was about 11pm by the time we got back to the resort.

WDW2005-059.jpg

WDW2005-061.jpg

WDW2005-062.jpg

Another lovely report! I found Kali disappointing too (after such a long wait!) Bilgerat barges is a better ride - and wetter!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter