"Commando" FAMILY WDW VACATION (OCT 1-OCT10) - DAY 4

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Day 4 - Tuesday, Oct 4
Got up at 6:30am so we could get ready to be at Mk at park opening. We all got dressed in our matching shirts I made with “HCOE & Mickey” on them. Magic Kingdom was packed by the entrance & it became very crowded as the day went on, more so than we had anticipated for this time of year. I think it was due to the fact that a lot of NY’s took there kids out of school since we had 2 days off that week for Rosh Hashana., the British had a school break (loved hearing their accents), MNSSHP, & the F&WF going on. We have always gone in December or November so between the heat, constant rain, & the increased crowds we were a little surprised, but we navigated the parks very well with a good touring plan, utilizing fast pass, & going on less popular rides mid day. We never waited more than 10 minutes (except for one ride on Splash Mountain on our 1st night but there was no planning that night because we arrived late & were so excited just to be there). O.k. back to park opening..as soon as the park opened, I ran to Tink's treasures to try again to let my 4 yr old dd wake Tinkerbell. I didn't let know about it so she would not be dissapointed if it didn't happen. There's alot of people who know about it now so it's not that easy to do! Well i ran up there & guess what? Another family beat me too it so I said "thanks anyway" and started to leave the store. Just then a CM asked me I could wait a few minutes & she would let my dd wake Tink...Wow!! What pixie dust & what thoughtful CM's...I didn't even ask, I just figured it wouldn't happen. Well we did wait & then they called my little one over & she got to wake Tink..It was very cute & she got a little certificate. I didn't know how much it would mean to her but all day she kept saying she could hear Tinkerbell following her because she got to wake her up!

I met some DIS’ers at Buzz Lightyear & in Fantasyland. It was great to meet them. We also got a lot of nice compliments on the homemade shirts. People asked where I got them & then when I told them that I made them they were surprised! My DH is such a good guy he wore his shirts too (not that thrilled at first) but some lady called him “cute” so after that he was o.k. with wearing the shirts & getting compliments! Ha ha! We got to see the new IASW. Besides the white scenery in the beginning the only other difference I could spot were the new paint & costumes on the dolls. Also noticed that the clown that holds the sign “help” was gone. My kids love this ride so we did it a few times. Since my little dd is 4 a stop at Ariel’s grotto was a must. We waited 45 minutes to see her. The shy opened up & poured like mad on us in line but my kids were soaked from the sprinkles there that it really was too late for ponchos. Finally we got to take pictures & get an autograph from Ariel. My kids (even Katie my 9 year old) was amazed at her. She chatted with them for awhile asking if they has swam all the way from NY.
We ate lunch at Pirates & Perico. Super crowded but we found a seat. Lunch was o.k…cheeseburgers & the kids got grilled chicken with carrot & celery sticks. We couldn’t finish our dessert (peanut butter & chocolate cake-only one choice) so we gave them to a group at the table next to us who didn’t have an desserts. They were so thankful. I love doing stuff like that, especially at Disney! We got a great spot at the 3pm parade right in Frontierland but since the rain was coming down so hard we saw a abbreviated version…lucky Mary Poppins, she had her umbrella!

It was then up to Toontown for all the fun up there, Mickey’s house(Katie was very surprised to see Mickey is still working on his kitchen!), Minnie’s house, & Goofy’s Barnstorming roller coaster (boy that ride it short!). As always its a little hectic inside Minnie’s kitchen but I just had to get a picture of my kids in front of the fridge filled with cheese. I take a picture there every time we go & it’s fun to see the kids in the same spot as they grow. We caught Cinderellabration. Wonderful to see all the princesses together, but again very crowded. After some more rides we had a wonderful dinner at Crystal Palace. Our server was great, refilled our glasses before we could ask & was very attentive for a buffet meal. The food was better than Chef Mickey’s. Pooh didn’t stand in the middle of the restaurant like he used to. He came around with Eeyore, Piglet, & Tigger. I don’t know why but Tigger has always (this & previous trips) spent a lot of time goofing around with my kids. He stayed the longest & we got some great pictures. The dinner was one of the better of our dining experiences overall. Crystal Palace never disappoints. After Spectro & Wishes we tried to get on the bus line but it was a madhouse..decided to get a cab instead.. When we arrived at our resort we saw Bob Jackson at the piano. We stood for awhile to see him singing but it was crowded we left. He got the whole place singing. Looked like a great time. Daniel’s tooth was dangling by a thread so he was hoping it would come out before we left. It did...in his sleep…I think he must have swallowed it…but we discovered that the next morning.

WDW2005-036.jpg

WDW2005-034.jpg

Not sure which part of britain has a school break at the start of October???

Most schools here have a week or 10 days at the end of the month, hence why we have scheduled our visit for that time.

Look out for lots of Brits w/c 24/10!!!!

Paul_Pearce said:
Not sure which part of britain has a school break at the start of October???

Most schools here have a week or 10 days at the end of the month, hence why we have scheduled our visit for that time.

Look out for lots of Brits w/c 24/10!!!!

Almost everywhere we went we heard British or Scottish accents! It was great...one lady even said to me while on a line that she didn't know why there were so many Americans at Disney that week! :rotfl:

What is the crowd level like at this time of year? We went in September and it was not crowded at all. We would like to go for the fall/Halloween stuff next year.

mrstbalt said:
What is the crowd level like at this time of year? We went in September and it was not crowded at all. We would like to go for the fall/Halloween stuff next year.

This was the first time we have gone in October (we usually go in Nov or Dec) so for us it was very crowded. I have heard on the DISboards that others found it more crowded than other Octobers past.

Can you tell me how much the taxi rides cost you roughly? My husband hates the crowded buses and it be great if we could avoid that if it's affordable.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

the British had a school break

No school break here - maybe people ook their kids out of school for the cheaper prices and the free dining!

You do NOT want to pay what we have to pay in the school holidays! :sad2:

crzy4mickey said:
Can you tell me how much the taxi rides cost you roughly? My husband hates the crowded buses and it be great if we could avoid that if it's affordable.

From the contemporary to POR it was about $12 w/ tip..$11 from beach club to POR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter