Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Ok PrincessinOz, you got me to come out of lurkdom :). We have a huge trip planned for 2018 and I've been religiously visiting the boards again every day for a few months- yep, I'm obsessed. I tend to not post a lot...I'm currently working up the courage to post a question over on the WDW Tickets thread - not sure though what's stopping me, lol. I think you've probably also inspired us to head to Shanghai at some point- I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing!!

Hello. Nice to "meet" you.

Looks like you and I signed up for the Dis in the same year.

I think you've probably worked out that I'm the shrinking violet type. Very quiet.....stay in the corner......and I RARELY post or ask questions. Yup. That's me!!!
I hope you get the answers you need for you tix question. (Just remember to wear asbestos and kevlar before you post in case someone somewhere has mis-interpreted the question :confused3. Seriously.....you should be fine.)

Oooh! Another Shanghai convert. That makes me happy to read. I've definitely completed my Dis community service for 2017 then. :rotfl:

:wave:

Thanks.

Hong Kong was definitely much more relaxed than Shanghai. It wasn't raining there (so we had a much more pleasant time there too)! :rotfl:

Most of us had been to Hong Kong DL before and we just concentrated on the 5 or 6 items that were unique to that park; or weren't in Shanghai. We spent a lot of time watching the parades. And given there were 3 a day at HK, that's a LOT of parade watching on both days. ;)

Hong Kong looks like such a pretty park. Definitely on the bucket list.

Hong Kong looks like such a pretty park. Definitely on the bucket list.

Hong Kong is easier to get around. They speak English there; and there are a lot of signs around the town in English.

I used to think that you would go to Hong Kong and add Disney to your trip.
But with the Mine Train ride, Mystic Manor, Mickey and the Wondrous Book show and Paint the Night, plus the seasonal stuff, it's become an acceptable little park to visit in it's own right.
Assuming it's moderately busy, I'd recommend 2 - 3 days there.

Hello. Nice to "meet" you.

Looks like you and I signed up for the Dis in the same year.

I think you've probably worked out that I'm the shrinking violet type. Very quiet.....stay in the corner......and I RARELY post or ask questions. Yup. That's me!!!
I hope you get the answers you need for you tix question. (Just remember to wear asbestos and kevlar before you post in case someone somewhere has mis-interpreted the question :confused3. Seriously.....you should be fine.)

Oooh! Another Shanghai convert. That makes me happy to read. I've definitely completed my Dis community service for 2017 then. :rotfl:

Yes it's certainly been a while now since signing up! I can't believe that there were trips that we took to DL and WDW prior to that, where we didn't know even a fraction of the things we've discovered on here ☺️.

I'm currently a tad bit excited because I found a solution to our ticketing problems, thanks to some very crafty posters and their 'creative' solutions.

And yes- surely there is a free trip in there owed to you for all of your posting! It's my favourite 'guilty pleasure' to sit down with a new trip report and waste a few idle hours...maybe I'll have to give it a go myself for this trip

Hong Kong is easier to get around. They speak English there; and there are a lot of signs around the town in English.

I used to think that you would go to Hong Kong and add Disney to your trip.
But with the Mine Train ride, Mystic Manor, Mickey and the Wondrous Book show and Paint the Night, plus the seasonal stuff, it's become an acceptable little park to visit in it's own right.
Assuming it's moderately busy, I'd recommend 2 - 3 days there.

Well I think I have convinced DD9, rest of the family I am working on. Your trip report and accompanying photos are my secret weapon!

I've been missing of late trying to sort out my dining reservations for our Dec trip. Dining with large numbers is just an endless source of pain. Argh.
Sad news is that there will be no Disney for us in 2018. The great news is that we've paid the deposit for a 6 week trip to Africa! So super excited had to share with someone!

I've been missing of late trying to sort out my dining reservations for our Dec trip. Dining with large numbers is just an endless source of pain. Argh.

Is this one of your 21-people trips again? WOW! What a great trip that will be.

Sad news is that there will be no Disney for us in 2018. The great news is that we've paid the deposit for a 6 week trip to Africa! So super excited had to share with someone!

OMG!!!! Africa???? What an awesome trip that'll be.

No Disney in 2018? I'm sure you'll fit something in!

Is this one of your 21-people trips again? WOW! What a great trip that will be.

Close! 18 of us this time around. My parents, my aunt, both my brothers and my nieces, and another family from my son's school...

Also ticking off a few more common things off our bucket lists including Cuba and the US Pacific Northwest

OMG!!!! Africa???? What an awesome trip that'll be.

No Disney in 2018? I'm sure you'll fit something in!

South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania. I still can't believe we're going!! But it is SO expensive! Don't know if we can squeeze anything else in! As it is, it looks like we'll be eating baked beans on toast a lot

That's about 3rd on my list at the moment!

Sadly, I have to stay put for the next 2 years whilst DS goes through the final years of school. :(

South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania. I still can't believe we're going!! But it is SO expensive!

I have to thank you for spending your money and going on this trip. This is about the only way I'm going to get to see those countries.......through your lens. :hyper:

Wait! That means I have to nice to you for the next 2 years!!!!

:rotfl2:

That's about 3rd on my list at the moment!
What is no 1 and no 2?
Sadly, I have to stay put for the next 2 years whilst DS goes through the final years of school. :(

That will be us in a couple of years :guilty:
So nothing Disney until 2019?!?!? The good news is that by then Star Wars land will have been completed...hopefully!

I have to thank you for spending your money and going on this trip. This is about the only way I'm going to get to see those countries.......through your lens. :hyper:

Wait! That means I have to nice to you for the next 2 years!!!!

:rotfl2:

Oh go on, admit it! You secretly love me!

#1 is Japan
#2 is Spain

Depending on what time of year, they are interchangeable.

Kids grow up so fast! I'm contemplating sneaking a trip in; but it can't be Japan because DS is adamant I'm not going to go to Japan Disney without him.
I owe @Aussie Wendy a visit and am wondering where/how to fit that in this year.

(BTW - I think I'm thinking of heading to Vivid in 2018.)

And yes.....I don't secretly love you. It's an open acknowledgement. :flower3:

#1 is Japan
#2 is Spain

Depending on what time of year, they are interchangeable.

Kids grow up so fast! I'm contemplating sneaking a trip in; but it can't be Japan because DS is adamant I'm not going to go to Japan Disney without him.
I owe @Aussie Wendy a visit and am wondering where/how to fit that in this year.

(BTW - I think I'm thinking of heading to Vivid in 2018.)

And yes.....I don't secretly love you. It's an open acknowledgement. :flower3:

Spain and Japan. Both absolutely amazing. I've only been to Barcelona recently and would love to see the rest of the country. Maybe we can organise a group trip with other DISers with a side visit to Paris! Organising travel plans for large groups is one of the very few things I am very good at!

Yes. Come for vivid 2018. I for one would LOVE to see the shots that you get. And it'd be so nice to catch up again in person! The adoration is mutual :) Perhaps we could ask Aussie Wendy to brave the cold again to visit at the same time! Although I'm sure Sydney cold is nothing like Beijing cold...

Yes. Come for vivid 2018. I for one would LOVE to see the shots that you get. And it'd be so nice to catch up again in person! The adoration is mutual :) Perhaps we could ask Aussie Wendy to brave the cold again to visit at the same time! Although I'm sure Sydney cold is nothing like Beijing cold...

Yes, perhaps we could convince @Aussie Wendy to go to Sydney as well. I'll definitely be heading to Vivid in 2018.

I've only been to Barcelona recently and would love to see the rest of the country. Maybe we can organise a group trip with other DISers with a side visit to Paris! Organising travel plans for large groups is one of the very few things I am very good at!

Which year??? :hyper:

Hello all.

We went to Disneyland in 2011 and are traveling to Florida in December this year. Planning a few days at Universal, a few days at OKW, a Disney cruise then just over a week at the poly before flying home to get the kids back to school in late January.

Been reading up on everything I can to make a great stay happen. We're renting DVC to make it affordable to stay on site in deluxe. Here's hoping the exchange rate improves lol. Back in 2011 we got about US$1.10 for every AUD so it was cheaper at Disneyland then at Movieworld for food etc.

Cheers

Bashara

Hi!!!
Just got a new job...first though "Ohh we can go to Disney again soon" lol I have issues! Undecided if we want to return 'home' aka wdw or venture out and see some other lands...

The great news is that we've paid the deposit for a 6 week trip to Africa! So super excited had to share with someone!

How exciting! That is my dream trip!

Also, exciting about Cuba. I hope political issues with the US don't affect you in anyway.

I was so very close to booking a Cuban cruise for Jan 2019, but ended up selecting a less interesting Caribbean itinerary in favour of a preferred ship. I am now half expecting a lot of US based cruiselines to change their Cuban itineraries over upcoming months to a different country.

It makes me so very sad. Cuba looks so beautiful, but also in serious need of the tourist dollar.

PIO, I keep thinking I need to visit Melbourne for the light show they have there. Maybe next year.

We went to Disneyland in 2011 and are traveling to Florida in December this year. Planning a few days at Universal, a few days at OKW, a Disney cruise then just over a week at the poly before flying home to get the kids back to school in late January.

What a great trip. Enjoy the planning.

Just got a new job...

Congrats on the new job, @Snickals . :cheer2:

Just got a new job...first though "Ohh we can go to Disney again soon" lol I have issues!

But I don't understand......I don't see any issues???? :rolleyes1

Just got a new job...first though "Ohh we can go to Disney again soon" lol I have issues! Undecided if we want to return 'home' aka wdw or venture out and see some other lands...

Tokyo, Paris, Anaheim, Hong Kong or Shanghai. Any of those would be great! :thumbsup2

PIO, I keep thinking I need to visit Melbourne for the light show they have there. Maybe next year.

Sydney. Queen's birthday weekend.

Just saying.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!