Come on Estoppel!!!!

First timer -- finished today and was able to book at OKW.

Home: OKW
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 2/21/18
Offer Accepted: 2/21/18
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/18
Passed ROFR: 3/5/18
Closing docs received: 3/23/18
Closing docs returned: 3/27/18
Closing: 4/2/18
Deed recorded: 4/2/18
Points in my account: 4/14/18

Finally an UPDATE:
Home: AKV
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/8
Offer accepted: 2/8
Sent to ROFR: 2/14
Passed ROFR: 2/23
Closing docs received:3/16 (5:50am EST email , was suprised)
Closing docs returned: 3/16
Sellers docs received . 4/27 (that was a looong wait)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

................Jeffrey C. Sweet takes 2 after ROFR to send closing, First American 7-14 days, *** 20+ days. how can it be?

That's funny you bring this up. We've bought both direct and several resale contracts over the years and we've just purchased three more resale contracts since the beginning of February. The VGF contract used Jeffrey Sweet and we received our closing documents within 3 days after passing ROFR. *** 2 weeks and counting o_O

Last edited:

UPDATE:
Offer made: 2/8
Offer accepted: 2/8
Sent to ROFR: 2/14
Passed ROFR: 2/23
Closing docs received:3/16 (5:50am EST email , was suprised)
Closing docs returned: 3/16
Closing: 4/1
Deed recorded: 4/1
Points in my account:

Passed mine last month on AKV still waiting for it to be closed and have points. How long does this process usually take? Feel like this is just as long as the ROFR

Update:
Offer made: 3/27
Offer accepted: 3/27
Sent to ROFR: 3/28
Passed ROFR: 4/9
Closing docs received: 5/2
Closing docs returned: 5/3 (we promise :flower3:)
Confirmation of doc received:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Update:
Closing docs returned: 5/4 (late Friday)
Confirmation of doc received: 5/7 (early Monday)
Closing: 5/8 (wow that was fast! :))
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Earning My Ears
Update:
Closing docs returned: 5/4 (late Friday)
Confirmation of doc received: 5/7 (early Monday)
Closing: 5/8
Deed recorded: 5/10
Points in my account:

Just starting the estoppel process

Home: SSR
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 4/25
Offer accepted: 4/25
Sent to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I am hoping for the quick turn around that Sweet is known for.

Just starting the estoppel process

Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I am hoping for the quick turn around that Sweet is known for.

UPDATED

Closing docs received: 6/6/18
Closing docs returned: 6/7/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

UPDATED

Closing docs received: 6/6/18
Closing docs returned: 6/7/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

How is Sweet turning these things around so fast???? WOW! Well done. First American is dragging it seems. I called for the first time ever to inquire about buying an 80 point direct contract and they found my name "in the system". I'm going to assume my 17 (and counting) day wait to receive closing docs is due to the title company. Meanwhile, I leave tomorrow for New York which means even if I get documents anytime next Mon-Thurs I have wait until I get home to return them. I was trying to avoid that. Oh well.

How is Sweet turning these things around so fast???? WOW! Well done. First American is dragging it seems. I called for the first time ever to inquire about buying an 80 point direct contract and they found my name "in the system". I'm going to assume my 17 (and counting) day wait to receive closing docs is due to the title company. Meanwhile, I leave tomorrow for New York which means even if I get documents anytime next Mon-Thurs I have wait until I get home to return them. I was trying to avoid that. Oh well.

That was something I had noticed about Sweet's timeline. I was going to ask for them as a closing agent, but I was assigned to their office. I emailed with Sweet's office last week and she indicated that they were waiting for Estoppel from Disney, and the documents arrived Wednesday. I just have to hope the seller returns them as quickly. The only thing I don't like about Sweet is that as soon as all documents are executed and the check arrives, they pay it out to the seller. They don't wait for confirmation from DVC that the points have transferred. I just have to hope that my sellers are honest and don't use points after estoppel. They sold 4 contracts (I think) at the same time, all with 2017 pts banked into 2018, so apparently they hadn't used their contracts in a while, so I think I am safe.

I've held off in final posting because we ran in to some bumps but all sorted and points finally in our account, so here's our final...

Home: AUL
Offer made: 3/4
Offer accepted: 3/4
Sent to ROFR: 3/9
Passed ROFR: 3/22
Closing docs received: 4/13
Closing docs returned: 4/14
Sellers docs returned: 5/17 (the bumps referenced above)
Closing: 5/23
Deed Recorded: 5/30
Points in my account: 6/8 (might have been there a few days earlier, this was just the first time I checked)

Last edited:
I've held off in final posting because we ran in to some bumps but all sorted and points finally in our account, so here's our final...

Home: AUL
Offer made: 3/4
Offer accepted: 3/4
Sent to ROFR: 3/9
Passed ROFR: 3/22
Closing docs received: 4/13
Closing docs returned: 4/14
Sellers docs retunred: 5/17 (the bumps referenced above)
Closing: 5/23
Deed Recorded: 5/30
Points in my account: 6/8 (might have been there a few days earlier, this was just the first time I checked)
Wow! Waiting over 30 days for the sellers to return the docs would have been very frustrating. I just send my docs back Thursday and I certainly hope I don't have to wait that long. You must be very patient waiting 34 days for documents when your ROFR was only 13 days.

Wow! Waiting over 30 days for the sellers to return the docs would have been very frustrating. I just send my docs back Thursday and I certainly hope I don't have to wait that long. You must be very patient waiting 34 days for documents when your ROFR was only 13 days.

Yeah, some undisclosed personal issues caused a delay on the sellers end. We actually had been following up with the broker almost daily by the end and we were told the sellers were still planning to sell. They were 2-days over their contracted close date and we were prepared to walk away, but it was an Aulani subsidized dues contract and my heart wasn't in reshopping so we opted to wait it out. Yeah, I would say ROFR was a breeze...waiting on 2 sellers to get docs notarized as they went through some issues = problems. That's something I'd ask for as much validation on up front if we ever do this again. It's our 2nd contract (1st is a direct), so odds are we won't do it again but you never know ;)

Yeah, some undisclosed personal issues caused a delay on the sellers end. We actually had been following up with the broker almost daily by the end and we were told the sellers were still planning to sell. They were 2-days over their contracted close date and we were prepared to walk away, but it was an Aulani subsidized dues contract and my heart wasn't in reshopping so we opted to wait it out. Yeah, I would say ROFR was a breeze...waiting on 2 sellers to get docs notarized as they went through some issues = problems. That's something I'd ask for as much validation on up front if we ever do this again. It's our 2nd contract (1st is a direct), so odds are we won't do it again but you never know ;)
Never say never. We bought direct in 2004, added on in 2006 and 2008 and now again in 2018. Somehow our 250 points were enough for 10 years and now I need more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!