Come on Estoppel!!!!

They didn't say "tenants in the entirety," and they did say "husband and wife," which I'd prefer not to have, and in any event mixed up the order so my husband is the wife and I'm the husband.

The tenants in the entirety thing is sorta important.

Question - my understanding when we bought direct based on talking to the lawyer was that in the state of Florida, titling as "husband and wife" is de facto tenancy by the entirety. They had pre-filled it out that way and that's what he said when I asked about it. I found similar information when searching online... I'm not a lawyer though. Just wondering if your understanding is different?

Ha! yes, those terms are rather important to me....

Our BLT contract was like that - by the time points were in our account (9 months out), we didn't even have full availability in a LV studio, let alone a standard studio or 1BR. Through use of the wait list and lots of stalking, we were able to book our week in a LV studio, then switch to a BW 1br p/g (at 7 mo) and then back to a 1BR std at BLT, finishing about 4.5 months out. A nail biter for sure.
:( This doesn't bode well for me if my BLT comes through. I'll be about 8 months out if timing is typical. Oh well. Counting chickens at this point.

Question - my understanding when we bought direct based on talking to the lawyer was that in the state of Florida, titling as "husband and wife" is de facto tenancy by the entirety. They had pre-filled it out that way and that's what he said when I asked about it. I found similar information when searching online... I'm not a lawyer though. Just wondering if your understanding is different?

If one only says “husband and wife” then the default ownership is tenants by the entirety. But it is just as legitimate to simply take title as “tenants in the entirety” without mentioning marital status or gender identity, and is more precise in any event. (And they identified me incorrectly as husband and DH as wife, so if they’re going to have to fix it anyway, they might as well use the legal term.)

:( This doesn't bode well for me if my BLT comes through. I'll be about 8 months out if timing is typical. Oh well. Counting chickens at this point.

When are you looking at? I was able to get what I wanted through stalking and using the wait list. Not as easy as just booking it, but it was a good way to learn how the system works...

When are you looking at? I was able to get what I wanted through stalking and using the wait list. Not as easy as just booking it, but it was a good way to learn how the system works...
I'll be looking at race weekends in November and January. I'm looking for 1-bedrooms so I guess we'll see. I was kind of figuring we'd probably only be able to get AKL Savanna for November. I'm hoping to be able to get BLT for Marathon weekend in January though. I've been pretty lucky with waitlist in my VGC bookings between 7 and 11 months (in other words before the floodgates open, LOL). Hopefully that will continue, but I won't count on it.

Home: VGF
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 1/11
Closing: 1/12
Deed recorded: 1/12
Points in my account: 1/19
Extra Points Rented: 1/19 using Disboards

Good luck to all those still in the process of closing!!

Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 1/11
Closing: 1/12
Deed recorded: 1/12
Points in my account: 1/19
Extra Points Rented: 1/19 using Disboards

Good luck to all those still in the process of closing!!

Congrats! Happy it all worked out for you! Did your points just appear in your account or did you have to call? Thanks!

Home: VGC
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 12/11
Offer countered & accepted: 12/12
Sent to ROFR: 12/18
Passed ROFR: 12/27 (awesome!)
Closing docs received: STILL waiting...
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I'm on day 27 of waiting for Disney to issue the Estoppel so we can start closing. I'm guessing I'm looking at another month and a half until points are in my account. I just want to book my October trip...

Day 19 since passing ROFR. I really don’t like all this waiting. How’s everyone else holding up?

Home: BRV
Offer made: 12/20
Offer countered & accepted: 12/20
Sent to ROFR: 12/21
Passed ROFR: 1/5
Closing docs received: 1/23
Closing docs returned: 1/24
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Yay update finally finished!

Home: AUL
Offer made: 11/13
Offer countered & accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/20
Closing docs received: 12/27 (they were shipped 12/21. This title company doesn't email closing docs, sends them FedEx from Honolulu. Both Christmas and Boxing Day are holidays here in Canada, so a bit delayed receiving).
Closing docs returned: 01/05 (via FedEx. Had to have a US consulate member notarize them thus the wait to send back)
Closing: 01/11
Deed recorded: 01/11
Points in my account: 01/24

Offer made: 12/7
Offer accepted: 12/7
Sent to ROFR: 12/11
Passed ROFR: 12/24 (!Sunday!)
Closing docs received:1/19
Closing docs returned:1/22
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Just got closing docs - too late to go to the bank to get the certified check. Happy weekend to me!!

(argh, just noticed an error in the deed. phooey)

Happy to report they're fixing the deed and we should be closed in the next 48 hours. Yay!

Home: VGC
Offer made: 12/11
Offer countered & accepted: 12/12
Sent to ROFR: 12/18
Passed ROFR: 12/27 (awesome!)
Closing docs received: STILL waiting...
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

I'm on day 27 of waiting for Disney to issue the Estoppel so we can start closing. I'm guessing I'm looking at another month and a half until points are in my account. I just want to book my October trip...

Emailed my resale agent asking if the title company was going to let me know when they received. She emailed title and what a surprise that they said they will send the closing docs today. How long was FA sitting on this?! Ugh either way hope to have that tracking number today.

We are closed and recorded!!!! Now waiting [im]patiently for the points to be added to our account! We already have a BLT contract with the same use year so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I see the points added and I can book our December trip.

Home: BLT
Offer made: 12/4/17
Offer accepted: 12/4/17
Sent to ROFR: 12/6/17
Passed ROFR: 12/24/17
Closing docs received: 1/16/18
Closing docs returned: 1/17/18
Closing: 1/25/18
Deed recorded: 1/25/18
Points in my account:

Well that was fast... I wasn't going to start checking the comptroller site until next week...

Seller returned closing docs: 1/23 (?)
Closing:1/23 (deed dated 1/22; Title co received our check 1/23)
Deed recorded: 1/25
Points in my account:

I have an update! Almost there!!

Offer made: 12/19
Offer accepted: 12/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/22
Closing docs received: 1/29
Closing docs returned: 1/30
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Excited to move on to the Estoppel forum!!

Home: BWV
Offer made: 1/16
Offer countered & accepted: 1/16
Sent to ROFR: 1/17
Passed ROFR: 1/30
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: SSR
Offer made: 12/29
Offer accepted: 12/29
Sent to ROFR: 1/2
Passed ROFR: 1/12
Closing docs received: 2/2
Closing docs returned: 2/3 (unless the world ends tonight)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Updating...

Offer made: 12/19
Offer accepted: 12/19
Sent to ROFR: 12/22
Closing docs received: 1/29
Closing docs returned: 1/30
Closing: 2/2
Deed recorded: 2/2
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Final update!

Seller returned closing docs: 1/23 (?)
Closing:1/23 (deed dated 1/22; Title co received our check 1/23)
Deed recorded: 1/25
Membership showing in my dashboard: 2/2 (but 0 points)
Points in my account:2/5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!