Come on Estoppel!!!!

Points still not loaded. Contract sitting there empty for 24 hours now. Gah, this process stinks....all the waiting.
Edit to add...5:15 Sunday and still no points.

Last edited:
Points still not loaded. Contract sitting there empty for 24 hours now. Gah, this process stinks....all the waiting.
Edit to add...5:15 Sunday and still no points.

You can always pay more by getting it direct - no wait at all.

Any points now? How 'bout now? Have you checked again yet? haha - it's my turn to check if my contract is on my account yet, closed on 7/11.

Any points now? How 'bout now? Have you checked again yet? haha - it's my turn to check if my contract is on my account yet, closed on 7/11.
My last direct contract, last Sept, also showed the contract for awhile before the points got loaded in...like 24 hours that time. Anyway....off to check again, lol.....

No Thanks! Saved $86 per point buying resale. I'll wait. Besides there is a certain amount of fun in the anticipation of an occurrence. Immediate gratification robs one of that.

What is BWV direct these days...$160? We saved like $65 pp...150 points equals a lot of savings. But we still would buy smaller contracts direct...like 25 or 50 pointers. I hate the waiting though. Still no points there. We paid our money, the deed has been recorded, the points are ours yet we can't have access to them. Frustrating.

What is BWV direct these days...$160? We saved like $65 pp...150 points equals a lot of savings. But we still would buy smaller contracts direct...like 25 or 50 pointers. I hate the waiting though. Still no points there. We paid our money, the deed has been recorded, the points are ours yet we can't have access to them. Frustrating.

It's $165. I'm sure they didn't work on Sunday and are just getting in the office now or shortly. I would expect you'll see the point today :). I, on the other hand, have a few more days to wait, but no matter, as we already booked this year, and don't need to book for next year until around Christmas.

Just went on site and points were there. March trip booked. Woo hoo!

Sent to ROFR on 5/24
Passed on 6/2
Closing docs received on 6/22
Closing docs and check sent back on 6/24
Closing docs -from us- received by Magic Vacation Title on 6/27
Closed...6/29
Deed listed on OCC site...7/5
Points showing on DVC member site...7/17

Whoo Hoo! Purchase complete!!!!

Offer made and accepted May 5th
Sent contract and deposit on May 23rd
Sent to Disney for ROFR on May 25th
Passed ROFR on June 6th
Closing docs received and sent on Jun 23rd
Receipt of closing Docs recorded on June 26th
Purchase closed escrow and recorded on OCC: July 6th
Contract shows on my DVC Member Page on July 16th
Points are loaded on July 18th.

Exactly 60 days! Not bad.

Here's my update:

Boulder Ridge 120 points
Offer made/accepted: 5/18/2017
Contract out for ROFR: 6/2/2017
Passed ROFR: 6/13/2017
Closing Docs Received: 7/3/2017
Closing Docs and Check in Mail: 7/5/2017
Title Company confirmed receipt of Seller's Closing Docs: 7/12/2017
Closing Complete: 7/20/2017 (though likely earlier since the deed is recorded this date...)
Deed Recorded: 7/20/2017
Points Loaded???????

It's finally ours!!! Feels like this took forever. But now the wait for the points, this might be the worst part of the whole process. I want those points to try to book a trip in January. More likely to wait list for January and then begin stalking for availability! My plan is to give Disney 10 business days before I try calling to get my member number. Does anyone know the phone number to call for that? I think I remember someone at some point on this thread saying you need prompt "2" and then "2" again, but I could be wrong. Are there any tips that I should know about before I call?

Call after 10 calendar days. For you most likely not this Monday but the following. You need the sellers contract #, should be on closing docs,. Sellers last name, your info, contract info.

800-800-9800

It's official!!!
OKW 100 points
Offer made/accepted 5/19
Sent for Rofr 5/22
Passed rofr 6/19
Docs signed/check sent 7/13
Closing complete 7/20
Points in system 7/27
As fate would have it, I no longer need the membership and likely to sell. Still haven't decided but thinking I may...crazy how life works sometimes!!

It's official!!!
OKW 100 points
Offer made/accepted 5/19
Sent for Rofr 5/22
Passed rofr 6/19
Docs signed/check sent 7/13
Closing complete 7/20
Points in system 7/27
As fate would have it, I no longer need the membership and likely to sell. Still haven't decided but thinking I may...crazy how life works sometimes!!

You get the job?

Home: AKV
Offer made: 5/16
Offer countered & accepted: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/18
Passed ROFR: 5/31
Closing docs received: 6/12
Closing docs sent back: ???

UGH! I have an online bank. They've usually been great, but their cashier's check feature is down with technical difficulties the past few days. I've called customer service and they acknowledged the tech issue, but couldn't help. Since there are no physical bank branches near me, there's no way to get the cashier's check. It's been a process to say the least. My title company said I could wire the funds for a fee, so I guess I'll be giving up on a fix at my bank and doing that instead.
Closing docs sent back: 6/29
Closing: ???
Deed recorded: 7/20
Points in my account: ......

What an ordeal with my bank! The cashiers check feature wasn't working, so after about a week of dealing with their customer service, I tried the wire transfer. And then they wouldn't complete it saying my title company didn't show up as a valid title company. But the money didn't arrive back in my account for almost a week! At that point I transferred the money to my (different) brick-and-mortar bank and went to a local branch to get a cashiers check. Then overnight that back. Phew.

My broker and title company didn't communicate anything after I sent back funds and closing docs. I emailed last week to check on process (they wrote back within the day confirming sent for deed recording) and then I went on the OC Comptroller site today to check. No points in account yet, but should be any day now.

All done!!

Closing docs sent back: 6/29*
Closing: ???
Deed recorded: 7/20
Points in my account: 7/30

*my bank sucks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!