*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

I just checked hours for our week again. The regular hours are 9am opening.

They did extend the evening hours until 9:30 most days in April. Not sure if the late time would work for your family, but there will be new FP available for the 8:30-9:30 pm time period, so there is a chance you could grab FoP for that time when they update the system to include those.

I hear you about how frustrating it all is. On our first visit we had a short trip and had only one day to try for the coveted Anna & Elsa FP at the time, of course they were all gone on our FP selection day. I lost probably days of my life compulsively checking to try and get some and eventually I did, some crazy overlapping situation where we had a window of like 10 minutes for all six in our party to tap in. But who wants to HAVE to do that??? :crazy2:

Hey everyone!!! I know a lot of us are getting ready for our trips but was curious to know what is everyone like to do on there final day at Disney? I just added a day and a later flight and would love some ideals. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone!!! I know a lot of us are getting ready for our trips but was curious to know what is everyone like to do on there final day at Disney? I just added a day and a later flight and would love some ideals. Thanks in advance.
I personally spend my last day at Epcot in the countries just strolling eating/drinking and people watching - take it all in once last time before heading home

In my experience the line has been over an hour at RD.
We don’t stay on property so don’t get EMH. But we have friends who were there in Feb. for RD during EMH and still didn’t get on. Line was 120 min
Something must be done about the crowds. It's ridiculous. At 30 days, I could barely find any good fp+ and now everything is picked over. We pay a lot for this and they need to do more.

I just checked hours for our week again. The regular hours are 9am opening. EMH is a few 8am openings which don’t apply to us. And I’m thinking the extra FPs that are added are for on property guests only. So I’m SOL.
Keep in mind they don't have fp during emh so sometimes those don't help either just fills up the lines earlier. I have heard of people getting in line right at park close and they said waiting didn't seem as bad bc no fp were getting in and they weren't wasting park time

Keep in mind they don't have fp during emh so sometimes those don't help either just fills up the lines earlier. I have heard of people getting in line right at park close and they said waiting didn't seem as bad bc no fp were getting in and they weren't wasting park time
We plan on getting there early, leaving mid day and returning for late evening especially next to close so we can hit the rides with less wait. Does that work?

I take very late flights on my last day, so I basically have a mostly-full park day. Last time I rope-dropped Magic Kingdom, rode my favorites, and then hung out at the hotel pool bar until DME. This time I plan on hitting MK, riding a few faves, and then hopping to Epcot to enjoy the atmosphere for those last few precious hours!

I have a long-standing tradition of ending my trips at Magic Kingdom. This started back when Wishes was still the fireworks show. It was so magical to end the trip with that. I don’t know that HEA will hold the same nostalgia for me but I’m giving it a shot and booked the dessert party on the last full park day. For the first time, on this upcoming trip (we leave in 18 days), we have a later afternoon flight the following day so we plan to head down to Disney Springs for a bite to eat and some last minute shopping before heading to the airport.

To people who got magic band shipped emails- when do you arrive?? I can't wait to get that email!!

I was going to change one of my AK days to Saturday April 19th. However it would involve rearranging two of my dining reservations and possibly losing the two FP we currently have for FOP which doesn't feel like it would be worth it. So I guess we'll have to make due with the 9:30 closing.

I was going to change one of my AK days to Saturday April 19th. However it would involve rearranging two of my dining reservations and possibly losing the two FP we currently have for FOP which doesn't feel like it would be worth it. So I guess we'll have to make due with the 9:30 closing.

I don't know if this helps, but April 19th is a Thursday.

We must live in the same area, we're slated to get 8-12" tomorrow. Hopefully this is the last of it :thumbsup2
Seriously although it can do what it wants here in NJ in April while I am in Disney so long as my flight on April 11 is clear - I don't mind getting stuck there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!