Collapsible/styrofoam coolers?

TracyK

DIS Veteran
Does anybody use a cooler? Do you prefer the styrofoam or the collapsible coolers? How much do they cost?. I am buying one for my trip next week. Here in the UK they cost £15 ($22). Would I be better waiting and getting one from Walmart? Do you think they are a good idea? Has yours ever leaked? I don't want to pay for fridge rental so any advice on this would be great.
Thanks
Tracy

Hi
If you want to use it like a fridge only with ice get a strifoam one the collasables leak when used with ice (you have to use frozen packs) The strifoam ones are cheap for $22 you can get a hard sided one here. then tape it closed and check it with all the luggage. check with airline first though .
have fun I could use a disney vac now, oh well have to wait till 10/2

Hi! We had one of each type of cooler you mentioned on our vacation in June (2 families). We bought a collapsable one with wheels & a pull handle at Walmart for $25 & it worked fine. We didn't have a leak problem, but we did keep our ice in large plastic ziplock bags. My brothers family bought a styrofoam cooler at the grocery store in Orlando for only a few $$ & that worked fine too. They just left it in the room on check out day & didn't have to fool with packing it. The only difference was that the styrofoam cooler was smaller. You could always buy 2 of them if you had to.

Have a great trip!

No leakage problems with my collapsable cooler either, and I didn't use plastic bags. The biggest problem was picking it up to empty the water out.

We bought ours from the local Publix supermarket when we first got there. We got one of the white solid polystyrene ones, can't remember how much it was but it was CHEAP.

We didn't use ours as a fridge as we were staying in a villa. But filled it with ice every day & kept it in the back of the car. It was wonderful to come out of the parks on a very hot day to a cold drink. Ours never leaked.

We also took ours to the airport with us filled with drinks & snacks for the wait. We left it there to be thrown away. We asked staff & this was OK provided we left it empty with the lid off.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

We bought one for abt 19.95$ - a collasible one with wheels. It never leaked for us. We did empty it out every day and refilled it with ice. We just put the ice straight it. It worked great, kept everything very cold. We rolled the cooler down to the ice machine and filled it at night.
I personally DOn't think think the fridge rental is worth it. Our collasible cooler could hold more then it.

Also if you do decide to buy it in England, a collisble cooler is easier to carry and doesn't take up as much space.

We brought a collapsible cooler from home. I don't know what it cost. It worked really well and when we went home, we filled it with souveniers and other clothes and checked it on the plane. :up: Extra luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter