Code watch for September 2017

I'm driving myself crazy. I found Pop for $400 less for our trip than the Little Mermaid room I currently have booked. It probably won't really matter which room we're in, but I still can't quite seem to want to give up the AoA room, but $400 is a big chunk of change. On the other hand, I found Boardwalk for $1000 more which is a lot of money, but then we could walk to/from Epcot which might be awfully nice during Food and Wine. Maybe next time I look, nothing will be available. :)

I've been checking on and off. My experience so far is rooms will show up. Disappear. Show back up. Disappear. I'm at beach club now with no discount. I keep debating changing but I'm so indecisive and they all the jumping around makes it worst lol.

Keep trying. There was nothing available for hours for my Poly dates, and then it opened. I mean literally one second nothing, and the next time I checked 10 seconds later they were there!

I tried a couple more times for the Poly (9/18 thru 9/28) - no discounts at all. We talked a lot about whether or not staying at the Poly would make or break our vacation - and decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world. We have only gone to WDW 2 times - and stayed at the Poly both times. It has been 18 years since we have been there, so we may as well go outside of our comfort zone!

When we looked at the Animal Kingdom lodge this morning, we realized we could save a lot of money with a standard room+free dining compared to what we owed on our Poly reservation. We are a little concerned about the location of the resort when it comes to early morning reservations; but with the amount of money we are saving, we can just take cabs to the really early ADRs. There are several things we will miss about the Poly (especially the location), but we are now looking forward to exploring something completely new to us. Of course, there are a lot of things about WDW that will be completely new to us after 18 years!

I noticed that the Poly now shows Standard Room available for that time frame - before I changed, it showed no availability at all for those dates. It still won't let you apply the discounts to it, but maybe if enough people like me 'jump ship', then others will get some discounts! Good Luck to everyone!

I tried a couple more times for the Poly (9/18 thru 9/28) - no discounts at all. We talked a lot about whether or not staying at the Poly would make or break our vacation - and decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world. We have only gone to WDW 2 times - and stayed at the Poly both times. It has been 18 years since we have been there, so we may as well go outside of our comfort zone!

When we looked at the Animal Kingdom lodge this morning, we realized we could save a lot of money with a standard room+free dining compared to what we owed on our Poly reservation. We are a little concerned about the location of the resort when it comes to early morning reservations; but with the amount of money we are saving, we can just take cabs to the really early ADRs. There are several things we will miss about the Poly (especially the location), but we are now looking forward to exploring something completely new to us. Of course, there are a lot of things about WDW that will be completely new to us after 18 years!

I noticed that the Poly now shows Standard Room available for that time frame - before I changed, it showed no availability at all for those dates. It still won't let you apply the discounts to it, but maybe if enough people like me 'jump ship', then others will get some discounts! Good Luck to everyone!

How set in stone are those dates?

How set in stone are those dates?

We bought the airline tickets already so stuck with Orlando area for those days.

We had been thinking just pay whatever the price if we couldnt get a discount at the Poly, but we just couldn't pass up saving so much money. We are happy about our current reservations.

We did check the other magic kingdom resorts, but nothing really good enough to get us to move. The Animal Kingdom lodge was our next choice and the savings were way to much to pass up!

You will absolutely LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge. This I guarantee.

We bought the airline tickets already so stuck with Orlando area for those days.

We had been thinking just pay whatever the price if we couldnt get a discount at the Poly, but we just couldn't pass up saving so much money. We are happy about our current reservations.

We did check the other magic kingdom resorts, but nothing really good enough to get us to move. The Animal Kingdom lodge was our next choice and the savings were way to much to pass up!

I also agree that you will love the Animal Kingdom Lodge! It has a perception of being way out away from everything else but I think that gets blown out of preportion. While I've had the opportunity to stay on the monorail loop once and it was so wonderful to be so close to MK, in some ways the transportation to all of the other parks, even EPCOT seemed almost farther away than when I've stayed off of the loop.

There is so much charm at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Definitely get an ADR for Jiko if you can. It's absolutely my favorite signature dining location.

We can go anytime in September or October, I just checked and I don't see any Florida Resident offer or AP offer for that time period. Am I just being daft?

Has it always been this limited with the discount codes? I remember calling for the 30% discount for WL in June a couple of years ago for my September 2015 trip with zero issues. Today I decided to do it early and called up with no dice. Are more folks just catching onto the September craze?

There is so much charm at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Definitely get an ADR for Jiko if you can. It's absolutely my favorite signature dining location.

We had already planned to buy deluxe dining so we can eat several signature dinners - and had the ADR's in place. We didn't plan anything at the AK Lodge - due to location, but decided to work on that since we are now staying there. We had planned for Narcoosee's the first night since it would have been close to the Poly, but got that switched to Jiko. :teeth: Also got Boma reserved for the first breakfast.

Put Narcoosee's later in vacation so we wouldn't miss out on it - that one was one of my first choices.

We can go anytime in September or October, I just checked and I don't see any Florida Resident offer or AP offer for that time period. Am I just being daft?
The AP rates are not out for that time period yet, so still hope there:-)

I notice that the resort discounts for POR are only showing through 9/14. Have they not released resort discounts for late September through October 1st or did I miss it?

Can we book at a regular rate and then make dining reservations. Wait for the AP rate to come and switch to that room rate while keeping out dining ressies?

Does anyone have an idea of when AP rates for fall will be released? We've got our dates set, just waiting for the discount rates to post

Does anyone have an idea of when AP rates for fall will be released? We've got our dates set, just waiting for the discount rates to post
the mousesavers website has a historical chart showing past discounts (https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart)
last year, august through november rates were released sometime in june, and november through december were released in late august- so you can expect about the same for this year's rates.

I am going 8/31 through 9/4. I am also a passholder. There is a passholder discount through 8/31. Assuming a new one comes out starting 9/1, do I have to book the first night separately or can I somehow get a different discount on the same reservation?

We want to go Sept 28 - Oct 1st. We are annual pass holders, and Fl residents. We also have a quick trip booked in June (AKL), and also July (POFQ.) What would be better do you think, waiting for pass holder rates, or booking a bounce back? Not 100% sure where we want to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!