Coaches? Nice!

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
I did a quick search here but didn't find anything on this--who can update me?

Staying at AoA, using buses to and from parks, we had a wonderful surprise this time: a coach bus picked us up at the end of the evening at Epcot. And it wasn't the only coach bus we saw doing trips (though it's the only one we've had the chance to take).

Are they part of a cost-effectiveness study? Is Disney cycling out older buses from somewhere? Subcontracting to reduce their fleet? Or has this been going on forever and I just never noticed? We enjoyed it, especially after a long day...

Staying at AoA, using buses to and from parks, we had a wonderful surprise this time: a coach bus picked us up at the end of the evening at Epcot. And it wasn't the only coach bus we saw doing trips (though it's the only one we've had the chance to take).

Are they part of a cost-effectiveness study? Is Disney cycling out older buses from somewhere? Subcontracting to reduce their fleet? Or has this been going on forever and I just never noticed? We enjoyed it, especially after a long day...

Been going on forever. Usually at park closing when they need extra buses to transport the massive numbers of people.

You got it on your second guess - subcontracting to reduce (supplement) their fleet. Park closing times are probably the heaviest impact on bus service. Rather than invest for peak load, they contract with Mears for spare DME or DCL busses (coaches) since they aren't heavily used at normal park closing times.

I have seen this over the years. I have been on a bus like that from Downtown Disney when it was extremely busy.

They are in dire need of drivers right now. Got a nice hiring bonus going on. This would be in direct relation to that, and it being a busy time at a large resort. All that combines to them needing any bus and driver then can get their hands on

Been going on forever. Usually at park closing when they need extra buses to transport the massive numbers of people.
Ah, that explains it. I've only recently stayed until closing (I'm embarrassed to say).

I saw it many times in June! Especially at park closings!

Subcontracting for when they need extra buses. They are currently short on drivers from what I understand. On our last trip we saw coaches several times. A couple of them did not have handicap access and there was someone in line with a scooter who was not happy about it.

A couple of them did not have handicap access and there was someone in line with a scooter who was not happy about it.
That's disappointing. I can't recall the last time I saw a "coach" that didn't have a lift.

They are in dire need of drivers right now. Got a nice hiring bonus going on. This would be in direct relation to that, and it being a busy time at a large resort. All that combines to them needing any bus and driver then can get their hands on

DH is a retiring (next week!) truck driver. I keep mentioning this to him as a great part time job!!!!

DH is a retiring (next week!) truck driver. I keep mentioning this to him as a great part time job!!!!

My dad just retired last year, drove tractor trailer for 49 years! Him and my mom are spending the winter in Florida and this is a part time job he may actually consider! lol. Congrats on your DH's retirement!

Thanks, my house is gonna be really clean! Our DD lives in Kissimmee, maybe he could live with her for a while & GET ME CM DISCOUNTS!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter