Club Level - Portofino vs Hard Rock

rocky41102

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have recent information on Portofino or Hard Rock club level menus or food options? We're planning our first visit to Universal in May and I really want to do club level because I think my kids would love being able to get breakfast and drinks all day and things like that. We're struggling because the kids (14, 11, and 9) prefer Hard Rock based on videos but my husband and I like the looks of Portofino Bay plus the larger room size. So I'm wondering if the food options might sway us one way or the other. I saw previous posts say Portofino has bread and peanut butter out at lunch, but Hard Rock doesn't? Also, hard rock doesn't have much in the way of hot foods at breakfast but Portofino may have a few hot dishes? And I can't find much for recent menus at dinner. Some for Portofino but not much for Hard Rock. I know they'll change before May but I'm just trying to get an idea of what's offered in case we should just go with a regular room. Too many choices!!!!!!

The price difference is minimal, about $60 total extra for 5 nights at Portofino. And thanks so much for any advice or help! These forums are so helpful!

The location of HR is closer to the parks. We stayed club level at HR in October. The lounge is super small and crowded. PH may have a bigger lounge area. The food wasn't fantastic, but ok.

HR had oatmeal and grits every morning for breakfast, along with fruit , cereals, pastries.

Portofino lounge is definitely a lot bigger than Hard Rock but your room may be further away as there’s no club floor. We were last at PBH club in October but it’s been years since we’ve stayed at hard rock so not sure what options they have now.

Portofino breakfast was the usual cereal, fruit, pastries, bagels plus scrambled egg, either sausage or bacon (it alternated) and a hot potato dish ( either fried potatoes or tater tots). I can’t remember what was served at lunch but dinner was always cheese selection, salad, then a hot dish like Shepard’s pie, noodles, or my favourite was make your own tacos. Dessert was always cookies plus a couple of revolving dishes like panna cotta, chocolate mousse etc. We were there for 8 nights last year and really enjoyed the lounge.

We always book club level when we go (great value for a family of 5) and HR club was definitely our least favorite (including the kids). The club was more crowded, the employees were not as friendly as we have had at the other hotels and we were not impressed with the food options. They had less offered at breakfast, dinner was more like finger foods and they offered less dessert options (one night they only had cookies). At Portofino, they have recently opened an overflow room for when they are busy. The employees have always been super friendly and helpful. Breakfast has hot offerings every morning with meat, eggs & potatoes. Afternoon snack is sandwich stuff as well as chips, granola bars, & fruit. Dinner is always enough to make a meal out of if you want. Dessert is always cookie and 2 or 3 other choices. They have also expanded the complementary beer and wine from 2 hours to 3. Hope you have a great trip. We just booked Portofino for a week in May.

Also, we were down the hall from the lounge at HR. Every time someone entered the lounge there was a sound like a flute. This sound could be heard in our room, to very late into the night and then early the next morning. It almost drove us mad. I wished we were on another floor.

Also, we were down the hall from the lounge at HR. Every time someone entered the lounge there was a sound like a flute. This sound could be heard in our room, to very late into the night and then early the next morning. It almost drove us mad. I wished we were on another floor.

Oh that would be annoying!!!

The HRH Club Lounge for some reason receives the lowest complimentary comments. It is very small and can get incredibly busy.

PBH is a lot nicer and does seem to offer a better choice generally.

Thanks for all the comments! I went ahead and booked Portofino and was able to get a annual pass rate for club level so it was the same price as Hard Rock! Now I just have to upgrade my tickets when we get to the parks.

Thanks for all the comments! I went ahead and booked Portofino and was able to get a annual pass rate for club level so it was the same price as Hard Rock! Now I just have to upgrade my tickets when we get to the parks.

Fabulous news!!!

I`m sure you`ll love CL at PB.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter