Closing time

marcar12

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Universal Orlando and are planning a trip for this fall! The days that we are looking at being in Universal and/or Islands of Adventure, it looks like the parks will close at 8pm. I am curious what the parks are like at closing? If we are in a store shopping, will we be rushed to make purchases before 8pm? What about grabbing a snack to take with us as we exit? Basically wondering if things are totally closed down right at 8. Thank you for your input!

I read somewhere that someone stayed and did the HP wand spells after close. Has anyone done this? How long can you do it before they start to ease you out?

I read somewhere that someone stayed and did the HP wand spells after close. Has anyone done this? How long can you do it before they start to ease you out?
We just did this on Wednesday, and it was awesome. We did it on the Universal Studios side. We got off of Gringotts right at 8:45 and just walked around doing the spells. There were very few people around, and we got a lot of great pictures. We were there until about 9:20 and slowly made our way out of the park without any problems. We were going to do this at Islands the next night, but the crowd for the castle show made it so hard to move around we actually left a little early.

We have never been to Universal Orlando and are planning a trip for this fall! The days that we are looking at being in Universal and/or Islands of Adventure, it looks like the parks will close at 8pm. I am curious what the parks are like at closing? If we are in a store shopping, will we be rushed to make purchases before 8pm? What about grabbing a snack to take with us as we exit? Basically wondering if things are totally closed down right at 8. Thank you for your input!

As long as people are shopping or in the check out line, the store will stay open.
They are not about to turn away anyone with money.......lol

The longest I have been in the front main store at the studios side, was one hour after park closing.

The eateries at the front of the park (thinking of Boulangerie) will be open and sell what is left in the pastry/sweets section.

At a specific time, the park is eventually closed to the public starting from the back of the park to the front.
Once the Simpsons eatery is starting to be closed, no one is allowed inside.
For those that are still eating, no problem as they are allowed to finish their meals.

City walk closes at 2am and most of the eateries/sit downs, stop serving at midnight.
Most stores stay open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter