Closing Time!!

Co-miserating here...
My closing documents are in, I'm waiting for the go-head to wire funds, and my agent finds out that Sellers never received emailed documents (which they need to sign AND have notarized) and our closing is supposed to be THIS FRIDAY. Really? You don't contact the agent about your missing documents??
I simply want to be welcomed home to BLT!!!!!!:hourglass
Co-miserating here...
My closing documents are in, I'm waiting for the go-head to wire funds, and my agent finds out that Sellers never received emailed documents (which they need to sign AND have notarized) and our closing is supposed to be THIS FRIDAY. Really? You don't contact the agent about your missing documents??
I simply want to be welcomed home to BLT!!!!!!:hourglass
Zippideedooda! Closed this morning!! HAZZAH!!
I wrote a quick email of thanks to my agents explaining why purchasing DVC was so important to me and my family. I got the sweetest reply! Apparently they rarely get personal feedback and information on clients' reasons for purchases, and they were happy to read mine and receive my thanks!
BLT, here we come!!!

We'll see. I think it's possible, but at a discount. There are rooms available at OKW and SSR (and a running joke, that I'll host a 1 night party in a cascade cabin or a Poly bungalow! :rockband::crazy: )When do your new points expire?

So does this mean the party is on?!?:rotfl2::cool1::cheer2::rolleyes::drinking1

Oops I confused the two contracts I had going! Sorry, edited.

Home: PVB
Title Company: First Reliable transfers
Offer made: 4/26
Offer accepted: 4/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/29
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/6
Seller cancelled: 6/19 (Seller refused to pay out her loan. Contract went to foreclosure)

Title Company: First American
Offer made: 5/26
Offer accepted: 5/26
Sent to ROFR: 5/28
Passed ROFR: 6/12
Closing docs received: 6/20 (found out Seller was international)
Closing docs returned: 6/27
Seller returned closing doc: 7/12
Closing: 7/13
Deed recorded: 7/13

Thank you enablers and facilitators - this process would be impossible without you!

Last edited:
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer accepted: 4/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/29
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/6
Seller returned closing docs:7/12
Closing: 7/13
Points in my account:

Finally...:snail:

Wow! What in the world took the sellers so long? Was it a delayed closing?

Wow! What in the world took the sellers so long? Was it a delayed closing?

It was delayed for sure, but not an agreed delayed closing.

This is the contract I was having problems with. The broker didn't disclose that the seller was international - I found out from the closing documents. Because we are also international we had to get a FIRPTA agent, fill out a lot of paperwork on both sides, then the seller had to come up with funds to discharge their loan, then they dragged their heels returning the closing documents...

I'm sure DVC will now sit on my file for a month before deciding to assign my membership number. Just to make the whole experience consistent. :sad1:

I'm sure DVC will now sit on my file for a month before deciding to assign my membership number. Just to make the whole experience consistent. :sad1:
That sounds about right. Just enough time for you to casually check listings to kill the time, eventually lapsing back into needing more points. It’s a vicious cycle with enablers and facilitators every step of the way.

This is the contract I was having problems with. The broker didn't disclose that the seller was international - I found out from the closing documents. Because we are also international we had to get a FIRPTA agent, fill out a lot of paperwork on both sides, then the seller had to come up with funds to discharge their loan, then they dragged their heels returning the closing documents...

Ugh... Are you a new member or is this an add on? It took 9 business days to get from deed recording to account showing up in my dashboard. If a new member it will take longer, but you really rally are on the home stretch. Do you have a hopeful trip planned yet?

That sounds about right. Just enough time for you to casually check listings to kill the time, eventually lapsing back into needing more points. It’s a vicious cycle with enablers and facilitators every step of the way.

We had an international seller, too. They didn't take as long, but still took a bit longer than I'd expected, and during that whole waiting time, I saw other contracts that I "wish" I'd bought instead. Or that seemed at least as good a deal as the one I was waiting for closing on. (One of them had more points overall, and more current points, and is now in ROFR with another member of this board! I was all like, aaaaaaahhhh! If only that contract had been listed a week or two earlier!!!)

And so now I am one of the enablers/facilitators, I guess. My BLT points feel outnumbered but DH has said no (for now, hehe.) But seriously, we are now planning extra trips in 2019 with our points, so maybe 2020 we'll add on to BLT??

Speaking of which ... new contract is showing up on dashboard. But no points yet. Time to call Member Admin.

This Thursday will be a month since the closing docs were sent to us and the seller. We returned ours a week later due to being at Disney. The only update for the seller's side from the title company is "have not received".:confused3

Home: AKL
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer accepted: 4/27
Sent to ROFR: 4/30
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/20
Closing docs returned: 6/22
Seller returned closing docs:6/21
Closing: 7/16
Points in my account:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: - Still cannot believe we got 230 points at AKL for $95 a point!!! Get in!!

Come on Disney, send us our membership numbers!!!

Both our resell contracts took about 6 weeks but JP at timeshare store did tell us 6-8 weeks were normal and if it is an international seller add another 2-4 weeks. With a few exceptions, most people posting here have taken about 6-8 weeks. It is tough to wait on those points when we just want to plan our dvc vacation.:flower1:

I have a question which I’m sure has been asked before but here it goes... this is my first purchase so I have no preexisting account. My closing was 7/6 deed recorded 7/9. I received my copy of closing papers from my title company 7/17 but I have not received anything from Disney yet. No welcome packet and certainly no membership number. Should I call them at this point or just wait? Everything except ROFR went quickly and smoothly until now! I hate to admit it but I’m feeling super impatient! What do you all think?
:rolleyes:

I have a question which I’m sure has been asked before but here it goes... this is my first purchase so I have no preexisting account. My closing was 7/6 deed recorded 7/9. I received my copy of closing papers from my title company 7/17 but I have not received anything from Disney yet. No welcome packet and certainly no membership number. Should I call them at this point or just wait? Everything except ROFR went quickly and smoothly until now! I hate to admit it but I’m feeling super impatient! What do you all think?
:rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with feeling super impatient... we all are whether it's our 1st or 10th contract. I would call today- you have nothing to lose by calling. You may get a helpful CM that will give you your number.

Nothing wrong with feeling super impatient... we all are whether it's our 1st or 10th contract. I would call today- you have nothing to lose by calling. You may get a helpful CM that will give you your number.
Thank you! I think I may give them a ring...can’t wait to start planning!

Total Points: 75
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 6/3
Offer accepted: 6/4
Sent to ROFR: 6/4
Passed ROFR: 6/20
Closing docs received: 6/29
Closing docs returned: 7/5
Confirmation of doc received: 7/6
Closing: 7/18
Deed recorded: 7/19
Points in my account:

Almost there!!!

Final update!

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Seller returned closing docs: 6/29 (date that last doc was rec'd)
Closing:7/3 (sellers needed to pay $ to close)
Deed recorded: 7/5
Points in my account: 7/19, 10pm (not that anyone was checking hourly)

Expiring (7/31) points rented: 7/20

We had the double whammy of international sellers who needed to pay $ to close. Add a little stress that with the expiring points, and lots of folks from MS/MA on vacation... a little more stressful than prior purchases.

This one took by far the longest altogether, even though it was the shortest time in estoppel. But we got a very good price!

Total Points: 160
Offer made: 5/15
Offer accepted:5/15
Sent to ROFR: 5/16
Closing docs received:6/27
Closing docs returned:6/28
Confirmation of doc received:7/2. (Both mine and sellers)
Closing:7/6
Deed recorded:7/9
Points in my account: 7/16 ( according to member services when I called this afternoon) called and set up account received membership ID and created account. Member Services were wonderful!

Final update!

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Seller returned closing docs: 6/29 (date that last doc was rec'd)
Closing:7/3 (sellers needed to pay $ to close)
Deed recorded: 7/5
Points in my account: 7/19, 10pm (not that anyone was checking hourly)

Expiring (7/31) points rented: 7/20

We had the double whammy of international sellers who needed to pay $ to close. Add a little stress that with the expiring points, and lots of folks from MS/MA on vacation... a little more stressful than prior purchases.

This one took by far the longest altogether, even though it was the shortest time in estoppel. But we got a very good price!

Congratulations!! Wow, you rented those points quick. Did you rent them yourself privately or through one of the rental brokers?

Total Points: 160
Offer made: 5/15
Offer accepted:5/15
Sent to ROFR: 5/16
Closing docs received:6/27
Closing docs returned:6/28
Confirmation of doc received:7/2. (Both mine and sellers)
Closing:7/6
Deed recorded:7/9
Points in my account: 7/16 ( according to member services when I called this afternoon) called and set up account received membership ID and created account. Member Services were wonderful!

Wow - you closed after I did and got your points before I did! congratulations! Which home resort? Admittedly, the points in mine were a little messed up, between current year, next year, and borrowed points kind of all over the place.

Congratulations!! Wow, you rented those points quick. Did you rent them yourself privately or through one of the rental brokers?

Rented privately - my first time. I don't know how often we will do it again, because it takes a lot of trust on both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter