Closing Time!!

Congratulations to all the people who have completed the whole process!

We might finally be making some progress. The broker informed me that Seller 2 has had her closing documents notarized and made plans to wire funds for settlement. A FIRPTA agent will be used to handle the tax withholding at Seller/broker's expense. Still not thrilled about the whole business but at least it's looking like the fallout is contained.

Hopefully by next week the title company can confirm they have Seller's documents and funds, then I'll wire the balance.

Things moving quick. Also please note I’m the seller.

Home: BLT
Title Company: ***
Offer Made: 5/29/18
Offer Accepted: 5/29/18
Sent to ROFR: 6/05/18
Passed ROFR: 6/20/18
Closing docs received by seller (me): 6/23
Closing docs returned by seller (me): 6/25
Buyer returned closing docs:
Deed recorded:
Points out of my account:

Just updating this to help others

Buyer returned closing docs: ?
Deed recorded: 6/28/18

Great news for you and super fast closing!

I just updated my post on page 200 bc we are done!

Our offer was accepted on 4/30 and the welcome letter from Disney was dated 6/21, so that seems pretty fast to me. We were in WDW when the welcome letter came, and then traveling for a week or so after that, so I just got my online account set up this morning. Yay!!

Thanks again to everyone who posts on here. Not only have the DVC forums been super helpful, but I’ve found them to be the friendliest on the DIS.

Our offer was accepted on 4/30 and the welcome letter from Disney was dated 6/21, so that seems pretty fast to me. We were in WDW when the welcome letter came, and then traveling for a week or so after that, so I just got my online account set up this morning. Yay!!

Thanks again to everyone who posts on here. Not only have the DVC forums been super helpful, but I’ve found them to be the friendliest on the DIS.

Congratulations!! That is super fast. We got our closing docs on the same day as you, but still haven't closed yet. Looking forward to our welcome letter and setting up the online account too!

It's over, I'm officially setup with my online account and all points are showing!
UPDATE:
Home: SSR
Title Jeffrey Sweet law firm
Offer made: 5/1
Offer accepted: 5/2
Sent to ROFR: 5/4
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/11
Closing: 6/15
Deed recorded: 6/15
Received welcome packet (car magnets): 6/29
The welcome packet DOES NOT contain your member ID number. That will come in a separate mailing.
Received member ID letter: 6/30
Points in my account: 6/30

Booked our first vacay after receiving the letter from Disney today!!
For as SUPER impatient as I was waiting on ROFR, I patiently waited without worry for the rest of everything. Seller took a really long time to send docs because she became ill, but after she sent them in, the title company (First American) and Disney seemed super fast.
I just quickly peeked at everything to see the timeline...

5/1 Passed ROFR
5/31 they received my docs (I was a week late)
6/12 still nothing, so I asked and received word the seller had been sick.
6/18 sellers docs received.
6/20 File closed.
Didn't call because I wasn't worried about booking availability, but I received my letter today with everything ready to be set up and booked!
party:

Last edited:

FINALLY!!!

Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/26
Offer accepted: 4/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/30
Passed ROFR: 5/24
Closing docs received: 6/7
Closing docs returned: 6/22
Seller returned closing docs: 6/15
Closing: 6/25
Deed recorded: 6/25
Contract in my account: 7/3 (morning)
Points in my account: 7/5 (end of day)

This one was pretty painful because I needed to book something, but it’s done. :) It took almost 2.5 months start to finish. Oh, and the vacations that people in DVD were taking kept being reported as the reason for the process moving so slowly. It’s ironic when you think about that. Their vacations are delaying our vacation planning. :rotfl2:

Update

Total Points: 160
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 5/15
Offer accepted:5/15
Sent to ROFR: 5/16
Passed ROFR: 6/12
Closing docs received:6/27
Closing docs returned:6/28
Confirmation of doc received:7/2. (Both mine and sellers)
Closing:7/6 —just received notice of Finalization today!!
Deed recorded:7/9
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Update: Almost there....

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Seller returned closing docs: 6/25-29
Closing: 7/3
Deed recorded: 7/5
Points in my account: ... argh ...

I have points expiring 7/31 that I will need to rent. But I can't post a thread at least until the contract shows up in my account, which I am hoping will be Friday and not next Monday... or later...

(biting nails)

Last edited:

I 100% agree about the friendly and helpful people I have encountered on this board.

Update: Almost there....

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Seller returned closing docs: 6/25-29
Closing: 7/3
Deed recorded: 7/5
Points in my account: ... argh ...

I have points expiring 7/31 that I will need to rent. But I can't post a thread at least until the contract shows up in my account, which I am hoping will be Friday and not next Monday... or later...

(biting nails)

Is it even possible to rent the points with less than a month to go? I might be in the same position, still waiting on my contracts to close.

Is it even possible to rent the points with less than a month to go? I might be in the same position, still waiting on my contracts to close.

We'll see. I think it's possible, but at a discount. There are rooms available at OKW and SSR (and a running joke, that I'll host a 1 night party in a cascade cabin or a Poly bungalow! :rockband::crazy: )When do your new points expire?

We'll see. I think it's possible, but at a discount. There are rooms available at OKW and SSR (and a running joke, that I'll host a 1 night party in a cascade cabin or a Poly bungalow! :rockband::crazy: )When do your new points expire?

My points don't expire until 11/30, but I haven't even pass estoppel yet. At the rate sellers have been returning documents and the numerous addendums we had to submit, I don't anticipate closing until end of Aug. I'm concerned even with 3 months, it'll be difficult to rent with limited availability and getting towards the holidays.

Lucky for you, you can live it up in a cascade cabin! :jester:I only have 140 pts expiring so I might deposit it to RCI if I can't rent them.

Starting to think our sellers are backing out. :( It's been over a month since we received our closing docs, and they still haven't returned them. Supposedly, they sent something in on 6/25 but the admin said it was incomplete. No word since, and broker hasn't been helpful. Pretty much just told me to wait until the closing date on the contract (Aug 7).

Home: AKV
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/7
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/30
Closing docs received: 6/8
Seller returned closing docs (1st time with error): 6/25
Seller returned closing docs (2nd time): ??
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: ?
Points in my account: ?

Starting to think our sellers are backing out. :( It's been over a month since we received our closing docs, and they still haven't returned them. Supposedly, they sent something in on 6/25 but the admin said it was incomplete. No word since, and broker hasn't been helpful. Pretty much just told me to wait until the closing date on the contract (Aug 7).

Home: AKV
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/7
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/30
Closing docs received: 6/8
Seller returned closing docs (1st time with error): 6/25
Seller returned closing docs (2nd time): ??
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: ?
Points in my account: ?
My points don't expire until 11/30, but I haven't even pass estoppel yet. At the rate sellers have been returning documents and the numerous addendums we had to submit, I don't anticipate closing until end of Aug. I'm concerned even with 3 months, it'll be difficult to rent with limited availability and getting towards the holidays.
Wait - maybe I am the one confused, but I thought you don't get closing documents until you've passed estoppel?

Wait - maybe I am the one confused, but I thought you don't get closing documents until you've passed estoppel?

Ah, I see how the 2 posts are confusing. I have 2 pending contracts. The 1st one has passed estoppel and waiting for sellers to close. The 2nd just passed ROFR and is waiting on estoppel. This is the one with expiring points (Dec UY).

Ah, I see how the 2 posts are confusing. I have 2 pending contracts. The 1st one has passed estoppel and waiting for sellers to close. The 2nd just passed ROFR and is waiting on estoppel. This is the one with expiring points (Dec UY).

Ah - got it. Good luck!

Last update:

Points out of my account: 7/10/18

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!